post Nov 12 2013, 05:34 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Tribes [Street level / Puyallup barrens]
<<IC Thread>>
<<Emerging Thread>>

As part of the on-going 2075 game thread I'm opening up Tribes (previously from the 2072 persistent world) and bringing it into the SR5 era. I've got 2-3 active players but on the off chance that there are others out there who fancy a bit of street level action then please come and join us!

Machine Ghost has kindly agreed to coGM this thread with me, the details will work themselves out as we progress.

The two groups are the Mechanicals (a technopunk/steampunk tribe that live off scavenged tech and make useful things with it for trade at the Crime Mall etc.) and the Fre∑dom Tribe (a mix of technomancer and hacker tribe that provide matrix services to the area, including a bit of pirating software etc.) They coexist in relative harmony with each other but are frequently targeted by some of the more robust thrill gangs in the area that like the look of what they have. PCs could be from either group or attached to them peripherally.

This will be a mix of gang style campaign and more traditional shadowrun activity with the two group leaders (Oyl and Prospero respectively) acting as Johnsons/Fixers when they need something doing.

Premise:
Things have not gone well for the two urban tribes in the last two years.

Both on the edge of the Puyallup barrens and working together to survive the predations of the other more violent locals, their numbers have suffered greatly from hit and run attacks as well as the daily grind of living in the barrens. They’ve also suffered from an inexplicable flu like virus that has laid waste to this area of the barrens. In a recent move the hackers have been invited to relocate to the Mechanical’s area to share resources and limit their exposure.

Character Gen:
[ Spoiler ]
Tribes Useful Info:
[ Spoiler ]
Jackpoint Discussion on Urban Tribes (appeared in the 2072 IC thread):
[ Spoiler ]

This post has been edited by Aria: Apr 25 2014, 08:10 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Nov 14 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,252

Scrapheap will make the transition from the 2072 thread as soon as we're done there, trying to keep straight what's going on with the same character in two different timelines with two different karma tracks isn't something I want to do.

+Quote Post
Machine Ghost
post Nov 14 2013, 09:29 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 56,960

Sprogget will be running here, as well as however the GM’n works out between the tribes. Oyl will be around, but could be player or mostly NPC.

Some posts started, but waiting to know how current actions play out before finished. The memories may be a bit fuzzy after a couple of years, but a lot of the details will be in the system status logs. Not so likely to be wrong.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 15 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #4

Dragon

As Machine Ghost has agreed (been arm twisted) into GMing too I'll tentatively submit my intention to play Loco (a Mechanicals adept) and perhaps Jazz as a secondary character (if she survives the 2072 thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) )

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 15 2013, 10:55 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Group: Deleted on Request
Member No.: 144,594

I would like to join the game...

I have an Adept Hacker character clanish-types that would be interesting. I have more than one character in that group so I can also play a backup-narrative when necessary.

EDIT:

I see a problem with street level character creation. since most of my characters and magic types, mystic adepts need karma to buy powers and normal character creation fits my style....

Ill bow out now thanks.

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 17 2013, 06:50 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,936

Hi, recently returned to the forums after a semi-lengthy absence and was wondering if you were still recruiting for this game?

Currently have a Street Level Ork Ganger I was already working on while getting the hang of the new priority system and 5th edition in general. Was hoping I could re-tool him and bring him into the game? Looking on making him a street sam-esque character with a rather strong obsession with building and maintaining weapons and weapon accessories.

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 17 2013, 11:28 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

I can play my tribal character(s) by making a new one instead.

I'm thinking of an Adept specializing in unarmed combat......

Shonen_mask

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 18 2013, 09:09 PM
Post #8

Dragon

Drace, Shonen Mask - welcome on board! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 18 2013, 10:54 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

Sounds great! Will post up the character for approval tonight or tomorrow morning.

Three quick questions.

First, what would fit the flavour of the mechanicals better, having a used, obvious str boosted cyber arm (all steampunked out and brass rather than chrome) or used wired reflexes (conplete with twitches and spasms)? They work out to almost the same for used rt 1 wired reflexes and a used str 8 agi 3 cyber arm.

Secondly, if I make a secondary/back up and have a technomancer (always loved the idea of them but sadly have never played one for more than a one shot) would we be able to port over paragons from unwired for the same cost as a mentor spirit quality? And perhaps other splat and rules from that boom for them? (Obviously something's would have to be tweaked to fit sr5, and be replaced when the matrix splat comes out) Or would it be just easier all round to make a decker?

Third, for lifestyles. If the character is planning to live in the primary area can they also add in the workspace add-on?

+Quote Post
Machine Ghost
post Nov 18 2013, 11:45 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

GM#2
QUOTE (Drace @ Nov 18 2013, 03:54 PM) *
Sounds great! Will post up the character for approval tonight or tomorrow morning.

Three quick questions.

First, what would fit the flavour of the mechanicals better, having a used, obvious str boosted cyber arm (all steampunked out and brass rather than chrome) or used wired reflexes (conplete with twitches and spasms)? They work out to almost the same for used rt 1 wired reflexes and a used str 8 agi 3 cyber arm.
Given the varied background for Mechancials tribe members, either should be fine.  Whatever fits your 'story'.

Secondly, if I make a secondary/back up and have a technomancer (always loved the idea of them but sadly have never played one for more than a one shot) would we be able to port over paragons from unwired for the same cost as a mentor spirit quality? And perhaps other splat and rules from that boom for them? (Obviously something's would have to be tweaked to fit sr5, and be replaced when the matrix splat comes out) Or would it be just easier all round to make a decker?
TM does not 'need' to have a paragon.  Easiest would be to start without, then purchase the sr5 quality when the books come out.  Have had some off list conversations about converting TM Sprogget (dronomancer) to SR5, and simplest seems to be to treat it as something personal to the character’s world view, but without any of the game effect modifiers.  Until something RAW is available.  Looks like will be pulling in the "tutor" sprite for his SR4 stream, but that is for a conversion, not a new character.

Third, for lifestyles. If the character is planning to live in the primary area can they also add in the workspace add-on?
SR5 has the "Special Work Area" lifestyle option, page 374, which seems to replace several SR4 advanced lifestyle qualities.  It is also a fixed cost, instead of increasing the overall lifestyle rating (and hence cost).  That is valid, in addition to either the "Dangerous Area" or "Extra Secure" options mentioned in the “character gen” spoiler, depending where you want to use for home base.  "Cramped" would also be valid, but you better have a good IC story if mixing it with the work area. Aria might veto that combination.

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 19 2013, 02:25 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Thank you. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I will post my character by tomorrow nght the latest...

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 19 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Frizzen, Tribal Brave/Gillette
Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Chargen
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

For the natural Resistance (Jazz) wasn't sure how the resistance would work out. As the book says, Drugs are toxins, but not sure how the quality deals with drugs. Primarily, what are the ill effects, the wear off or the addiction or both?

Bandit - Street Shaman, chosen of Raccoon
Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Chargen
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Revenant - Former corpsec Decker
Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 20 2013, 02:29 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

My character...
A Decker

[ Spoiler ]

Background

[ Spoiler ]

Description

[ Spoiler ]

and my second character...
a blade warrior

[ Spoiler ]

Background

[ Spoiler ]

Description

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 20 2013, 07:14 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Hey all, had a quick question about all the characters so far. I am currently working on retrofitting 2 characters from regular build to street level, both a TM (obsessed with collecting and storing knowledge and interacting with emergent intelligences/sprites)and a Raccoon mystic adept/shaman (going for trickster, and the character would be a hoarder and tinkerer with garbage, just trying to decide on shaman or shamanic mystic adept), and I was wondering what the other pcs were covering? I don't want to step on any toes/roles already established.

+Quote Post
Machine Ghost
post Nov 20 2013, 08:19 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

@Drace,

This post contains links to the character sheet information for those that are/have been active in SR4 Tribes.  Scrapheap, Sprogget currently active.  LeFey may be, since Gemeaus and Mordred have joined us for the latest scene.
Oyl is not on that list, but her information is included with Sprogget’s.

Sprogget: Native American Ork, TM, dronomancer, tinkerer, artisan (steampunk)
Oyl: Native american Ork, Mystic Adept, Goddess Wicca (social adept and healer), sister of Sprogget, leader

Spindle NPC Rat shaman

Not converted/rebuilt, but that should get the feel.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 20 2013, 11:35 PM
Post #16

Dragon

QUOTE (Drace @ Nov 20 2013, 08:14 PM) *
Hey all, had a quick question about all the characters so far. I am currently working on retrofitting 2 characters from regular build to street level, both a TM (obsessed with collecting and storing knowledge and interacting with emergent intelligences/sprites)and a Raccoon mystic adept/shaman (going for trickster, and the character would be a hoarder and tinkerer with garbage, just trying to decide on shaman or shamanic mystic adept), and I was wondering what the other pcs were covering? I don't want to step on any toes/roles already established.

Sorry, I've been trying to pick up lots of threads recently...don't worry about toes, the whole point is to have lots of overlap so that we've got the bases covered. I don't envisage too many 'runs' where overlaps would cause conflict so the more the merrier! As long as the characters are different in personality then skills being the same doesn't worry me that much...and there are bound to be differences anyway!

Will check over characters soon but I like what I'm seeing so far!

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 21 2013, 03:57 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Thanks for the responses! Got a few tweaks on my main character and almost have the mystic adept & TM done (still can't decide on which but will soon)

Aswell, for the natural immunity towards a drug, I've found alot of controversy regarding it in different forums, so of the GMs prefer I can switch it out for something else.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Nov 21 2013, 10:41 AM
Post #18

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

Do characters attached peripherally still need to fit into the 'street' regulations?

Here's my idea. Let me know if it would fit or not.
The character is a traditional 'cleaner' (Mr. Wolf Pulp Fiction style). Specializes in making your problems go away, and in making evidence vanish. Uses the Mechanicals as his main contact for hardware and vehicle disposal, with assurances that it gets broken down for parts and not used in it's original form. He could also use Freedom for erasing digital data trails if they're able to do that sort of work.

He wouldn't be a constant character, but could show up from time to time with problems or new toys. Any thoughts?

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 21 2013, 11:42 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Sounds like it has potential for a parallel or overlapping thread...

If I had the experience I'd start one just that way....

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 22 2013, 07:09 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Frizzen, the main character I will be playing is fully finished and up, waiting for approval!

Will have Bandit, the back up ready soon. Few tweaks as I get use to sr5 needed I found out on my way home today.

Edit* Bandit is now done aswell

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 27 2013, 05:21 PM
Post #21

Dragon

I've not forgotten about this thread... Tribes 2072 is very nearly over barring the PCs doing something wildly unexpected!

+Quote Post
Drace
post Nov 28 2013, 08:13 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

No worries! Will keep lurking around until then and thanks for the update (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 29 2013, 05:28 PM
Post #23

Dragon

Just been glancing over the immunity to toxins thing...I'm guessing you want the benefits without the penalties of the drug, otherwise being immune to the beneficial effects seems a bit of a waste! 10karma seems a little low for +2D6 initiative and the other perks... I can mull it over some more but on balance I'd prefer it if you swapped it for something else.

Otherwise things are looking good!

+Quote Post
Machine Ghost
post Nov 29 2013, 09:43 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

There are several places that mention things like being magic resistant also applies to magical healing. So any resistance applies to both good and bad.

+Quote Post
shonen_mask
post Nov 30 2013, 12:26 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Improved Reflexes is a good power.
With +2 reaction and +2d6 and the 5 karma per PP it would cost 12.5 karma for two levels....

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.