Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nothing's Free in the Free Zone (OOC), Adventure 1: Broken Star
Lobo0705
post Jan 19 2014, 02:28 AM
Post #1

Prime Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 140,076

So here is the OOC thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Some notes:

Here is where you communicate any OOC questions - if you feel like you want to keep the question secret from your fellow players, you can of course PM me.

When you post:

Anything spoken out loud should be in quotations and "cyan"
Anything communicated via commlink should be in side << >> and <<yellow>>
Anything you are thinking should be in italics and dark khaki

In addition to the dropbox, I'd like your first post to this thread to include your character, not only for easy reference but also to signify that you are ready to begin the adventure. Please also make sure that you can access the dropbox. If you cannot, please let me know, and we can address that.

A note on Perception tests - I will tend to PM you your results of Perception tests. I think this makes it more interesting, as it allows each player to share as much or as little of what they have learned to their teammates.

The IC thread will be up soon - please do not post in it until all 4 players have posted their characters into this thread.

I will be sending out "newsflashes" in game. These will be posted both IC and in the dropbox. Fair warning, in these newsflashes there will be some information that is completely false, some that are true but have no impact on the game, some that are germane to the adventure at hand, and some that will be used to set up future adventures. It is up to you as a group to determine which is which - don't automatically assume that something is important because I put it in the newsflash, but don't automatically disregard it either (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil.gif)

ETA - Rigger rules all in one spot.
[ Spoiler ]

Matrix House rules
[ Spoiler ]

Repairing Drones

[ Spoiler ]

ETA: Healing:

[ Spoiler ]

ETA Barriers

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 19 2014, 02:50 AM
Post #2

Skillwire Savant

Member No.: 88,139

Handle: Jack Vii
Name: Javier Ramirez
Race: Ork/Latino

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 20 2014, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,360

Henry "Grease" Kemble
Metatype: Elf

Priority A: Skills
Priority B: Resources
Priority C: Attributes
Priority D: Race
Priority E: Magic

Attributes & Combat Pools
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Skills & Languages
[ Spoiler ]

Augmentations
[ Spoiler ]

Gear (Name, Rating, Cost, Notes)
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Aliases
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Chrome Head
post Jan 20 2014, 05:36 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 140,284

Snap

Street names: Snap, Amy (she's been known only as Amy until recently)
Archetype: Street Shaman/mystic adept

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Personal request: can we try to keep this first page of the thread easy to navigate by making good use of spoiler tags just to keep posts relatively short?
Edit: Much appreciated (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 01:04 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 184,586

Got you covered Chrome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Character Name: Garret Dramen
Alias: Drave, Overkill, Mr. Steiner
Archetype: Decker
Race: Elf

Description:
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet:
[ Spoiler ]

Background:
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 03:46 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Working on my first post, but I have not received my verification e-mail from Invisible Castle, so I can't roll yet. I will delay doing my Matrix Searches on Rebuilding Together and Ramirez.

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 20 2014, 03:59 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,360

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 20 2014, 10:46 AM) *
Working on my first post, but I have not received my verification e-mail from Invisible Castle, so I can't roll yet. I will delay doing my Matrix Searches on Rebuilding Together and Ramirez.

Yeah, I'm waiting on mine as well. I think it takes them a while for some reason.

-DrZ

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 04:00 PM
Post #8

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 20 2014, 10:46 AM) *

I don't want Invisible Castle to hold things up - if you (or anyone else) are having problems just post what you need to roll in the OOC thread and I will use Invisible Castle to roll for you until they get you signed in.

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 20 2014, 04:17 PM
Post #9

Skillwire Savant

Pre-rolling Jack's matrix searches on the Motel 6 address and CPT Ramirez. He will be performing these searches during the prep time before he leaves for the meet. The check for the address first so he can figure out how long it is going to take him to get to the meet, the second one will be performed after he has cleaned up and gotten dressed. The only dice pool modifier I applied was for working on the Public Grid.

Matrix Search for Motel 6 Address: Computer (2) + Intuition (3) - Public Grid (2) = (3d6.hits(5)=2)
Matrix Search on Lone Star Captain Juan Ramirez: Computer (2) + Intuition (3) - Public Grid (2) = (3d6.hits(5)=0)

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 20 2014, 04:21 PM
Post #10

Skillwire Savant

Overkill: Are you writing your posts in a different program and posting them over? For some reason, they're getting parsed oddly and cut off in weird ways. Does it look odd on your screen? It may just be my crappy computer here at work...

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 04:28 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

Overkill will be doing Matrix Searches on Greeley and Rebuilding Together, as well as Juan Ramirez once he receives that info from Chapel. Computer+ Intuition [Data Processing]

My Proteus-AG Blitzfurhen Cyberdeck (Tsurugi) is set to Data Processing 6, Firewall 5, Sleaze 5, Attack 3.

There are probably other details I am missing but bare with me, this is my first Decker.

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 04:29 PM
Post #12

Prime Runner

@Jack

As a general rule of thumb, go ahead and roll. If there are modifiers that subtract dice, I will remove the results in order from right to left. If there is a positive modifier, I will roll the extra dice for you.

In the Warrens there is also a -2 modifier due to it being a Static Zone. It does not change the result.

Your search on the Motel 6 address nets you 1 success instead of 2, but you only needed one success in any event. It comes back giving you 1500 East Smoky Hill Road, along with directions - it puts you about 4 miles away from the motel.

With zero successes on your roll for Captain Ramirez, you are unable to find any information.

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 04:31 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Yeah, I cut and paste a lot when I am writing, it leaves the spacing weird whenever I don't have it set to fullscreen.

I will try to amend, but it is tricky that the message window just keeps going to the right instead of starting new lines when the sentence goes over.

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 04:34 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 20 2014, 11:28 AM) *
Overkill will be doing Matrix Searches on Greeley and Rebuilding Together, as well as Juan Ramirez once he receives that info from Chapel. Computer+ Intuition [Data Processing]

My Proteus-AG Blitzfurhen Cyberdeck (Tsurugi) is set to Data Processing 6, Firewall 5, Sleaze 5, Attack 3.

There are probably other details I am missing but bare with me, this is my first Decker.

The only thing I need to know is what programs you will be running when you do the search.

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 20 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #15

Skillwire Savant

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 20 2014, 10:29 AM) *
@Jack

As a general rule of thumb, go ahead and roll. If there are modifiers that subtract dice, I will remove the results in order from right to left. If there is a positive modifier, I will roll the extra dice for you.

In the Warrens there is also a -2 modifier due to it being a Static Zone. It does not change the result.

Your search on the Motel 6 address nets you 1 success instead of 2, but you only needed one success in any event. It comes back giving you 1500 East Smoky Hill Road, along with directions - it puts you about 4 miles away from the motel.

With zero successes on your roll for Captain Ramirez, you are unable to find any information.

Cool, thanks. Yeah, I just remembered the Static Zone issue. I wish the core book had rules for buying grid access other than through lifestyle, because that would have certainly been a purchase.

Also... are there taxis in the Warrens? I get that it is a pretty terrible place, but I wasn't sure if there weren't people desperate enough to still try to make a living out of it.

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 04:46 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner

@Jack,

There are two taxi services that handle business in the Warrens, they are fairly common knowledge, so no Matrix Search necessary.

Mile High Limo (using the word limo very loosely) - which pays protection money to the Chavez family, and Amendola's Taxi, which pays off the Fronts (remember that the Front's are the overarching gang name, of which the Trey-8s and BBs are simply sets of them).

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 20 2014, 05:03 PM
Post #17

Skillwire Savant

QUOTE (Lobo0705 @ Jan 20 2014, 10:46 AM) *
There are two taxi services that handle business in the Warrens, they are fairly common knowledge, so no Matrix Search necessary.

Excellent!

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 05:04 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Programs Running for the Matrix Search: Browse, Toolbox, and Signal Scrub

He normally leaves Encryption, Signal Scrub, and Toolbox ready/running when not browsing.

+Quote Post
Chrome Head
post Jan 20 2014, 05:15 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Assensing Test:
9d6.hits(5)=6

Hmm... wow. I wish that kind of rolling will happen again at key moments during a run.

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 20 2014, 05:38 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

In case there was any confusion; Drave is Overkill's old hacker name from Berlin, and he still thinks of it as his name. He hasn't actually used it since he faked his own death as part of Betrieb Weihnachtsgeschenk Überraschung
(Operation Christmas Present Surprise.), a feint attack on Christmas by the Berlin Anarchist Defense Force on the megacorp positions meant to lead the AGS/Megacorp forces that it had destroyed most of the remaining experienced
fighters of the BADF shortly before the truce was signed that ended the Seige.

He has used the name Overkill as his Hacker name ever since coming to North America. The only member of the crew who would possibly know of the name Drave is Amy, who would have been told in the utmost confidence. So while
I will be referring to him as Drave in my posts (at least when he is thinking,) everyone else should refer to him as Overkill.

So good job so far.

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 05:44 PM
Post #21

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 20 2014, 12:04 PM) *
Programs Running for the Matrix Search: Browse, Toolbox, and Signal Scrub

He normally leaves Encryption, Signal Scrub, and Toolbox ready/running when not browsing.

Excellent - this brings up another point. I will assume for now your Datajack is running wirelessly for the extra point of Noise Reduction.

Can everyone please include in their characters sheets a list of items that they are keeping the wireless on (unless specified otherwise in a post) and if you have anything slaved to a commlink or deck forming a PAN, please list that as well.

For your rolls, you have:

Computer+Intuition (8d6), normally -4 dice for noise and public grid, but with the datajack and Signal Scrub that reduces the penalty to 1 die. On Greeley and Rebuilding Together

7d6.hits(5)=4, 7d6.hits(5)=3

The results come back showing Greeley's profile from Rebuilding Together - she joined the organization five years ago, straight out of college. Born and raised in the Free State, she had moved to Denver for school, and has stayed ever since.

The Rebuilding Together website looks like a fairly standard Community Organization. Boasting Chapters in 10 different cities throughout the UCAS, they are a non-profit organization. They handle community drug outreach, building houses (similar to Habitat for Humanity), and soup kitchens. Their headquarters for Aurora is located South Chambers Road. Their website lists a rally to be held on the 31st.

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 05:50 PM
Post #22

Prime Runner

QUOTE (Chrome Head @ Jan 20 2014, 12:15 PM) *
Assensing Test:
9d6.hits(5)=6

Hmm... wow. I wish that kind of rolling will happen again at key moments during a run.

Nice roll!

So Shannon does not appear to be magically active, and seems to have some Headware implanted, most likely a datajack.

Her current mood vacillates between concern and caring, with a small tinge of pity deep down.

It does not take your astral senses to determine that she seems taken with Chomsky.

+Quote Post
Chrome Head
post Jan 20 2014, 06:03 PM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Interesting info, thanks!

I don't think I need to check Chomsky, as my character would have known for a long time if his intentions weren't genuinely good and moved away from him.

Oh and just generally about what can be astrally perceived. There doesn't seem to be any spells active or spirits present nearby?

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 20 2014, 06:12 PM
Post #24

Prime Runner

Good question - no spells on anyone, nor active foci.

There are a couple of astral forms that move about, but they seem to be almost afterimages of the children who attended the school. More of a background count like effect (although not strong enough to negatively impact you) than a spirit or watcher.

+Quote Post
Jack VII
post Jan 20 2014, 06:13 PM
Post #25

Skillwire Savant

Con (Fast Talk) Test: Con (3) + CHA (3) + Specialization (2) [Social 4] = (8d6.hits(5)=2)
Push the Limit on Con Test: Edge (5) = (5d6.hitsopen(5,6)=1)
Perception Check: Perception (4) + INT (3) + VE (2) [Mental 4] = (9d6.hits(5)=3)

I used Edge to Push the Limit after the roll on the Con test for a total of three hits. The number of 4s I am rolling is disheartening, LOL.

My character sheet has a (W) listed next to any item that has its wireless function enabled. Everything that is wireless enabled is slaved to my commlink. Note that I don't carry everything with me at all times. In fact, I don't even have a gun right now. Do you want maybe an equipment list with notation at the start of each scene indicating what we have with us?

+Quote Post

230 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 10:00 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.