Reply to this topicStart new topic
> So I am going to shoot you with sulfuric acid :), Acid Attacks
Blhaze
post Jan 25 2014, 04:41 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 128,549

My gaming group is going up an NPC known as "the Chef" she is a chemist in charge of the drug seen on the borth end of the Seattle Sprawl (think Breaking Bad meets the Joker). She has a dart pistol loaded with doses of sulfuric acid and some auto injectors as well. What , if any, would the defenses be if a player has the acid injected into their body? I looked up a story in china about a person being injected with the stuff, it was scary.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DamHawke
post Jan 25 2014, 04:56 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 57,096

I suppose they would be resisting against it with their BOD, maybe it takes a bit longer to do damage for those with dermal and stuff? untill they start getting massive internal bleeding etc anyway.

From my understanding you CAN resist it with half impact damage, but the rules threat it as external splashed damage and I can't think of anything else at the moment cause I'm AFB.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jan 25 2014, 05:25 AM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

That is nasty and devious, but remember that Sulfuric acid is not the only fun toy to inject. For instance, Bleach will mess you up big time if injected, particularly in high concentration doses. the same can be said for many other unregulated household chemicals, which naturally are cheap and easy to buy in fairly large quantities. Just saying, there are options.

Which edition is this for? In 4th I'd probably treat it as a poison attack with a very high penetration, and it'd have to get through armour to inject. If it failed to penetrate and you still want to let it deal damage I'd suggest 1/2 impact + body + chem protection (if any) would be a fair defense.

+Quote Post
Blhaze
post Jan 25 2014, 05:33 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 128,549

It is for fifth edition. Hehe, yes it is rather devious, which is why i hope the players can avoid it penetrating their armor. Psychologically knowing that someone is shooting sulfuric acid at you should mess with the players. How high would you rate the penetration? Can it be placed in an airburst grenade?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jan 25 2014, 06:09 AM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

QUOTE (Blhaze @ Jan 25 2014, 01:33 PM) *
It is for fifth edition. Hehe, yes it is rather devious, which is why i hope the players can avoid it penetrating their armor. Psychologically knowing that someone is shooting sulfuric acid at you should mess with the players. How high would you rate the penetration? Can it be placed in an airburst grenade?

Honestly, I'd consider putting it in a squirt gun. I'd say -3 penetration, contact/inhaled/injected/ingested poison power 12 that deals physical damage, but that's just off the top of my head.

+Quote Post
attilatheyeon
post Jan 25 2014, 03:24 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 17,644

Concentrated sulfuric acid is dense, and tends to leak out of most containers unless fully sealed making it bad for squirtguns. I'd use nitric acid instead. It's closer to water in density and doesn't leak as badly so it's easier to handle.

If you have to use sulfuric keep in mind not only does it burn chemically, but it is a very exothermic reaction which will light the poor soul you use it on on fire.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:36 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.