IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyberpunk Games!, Why is my arm so shiny?
Rip the Jackker
post Feb 4 2014, 05:41 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,548

Back 2 years ago I posted a thread talking about Cyberpunk videogames. I especially like games that have a decking aspect. 2 years is a long, long time in the world of videogames. Now, I'll share what I have, if you share what you have.

Decker <----A nice little decking rogue-like. Good times, great oldies, and FREE.

Uplink <----Hollywood Hacking, the game. It's badass, especially when you're in a race against time to delete your login trail so that the bank you just jacked 300k from can't trace you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Feb 4 2014, 06:10 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

the only way to actually win decker is to actually hack the game itself to give you more ressources <.<

+Quote Post
Rip the Jackker
post Feb 5 2014, 05:58 AM
Post #3

Target

Why do you say that? I seem to be doing rather well.

+Quote Post
X-Kalibur
post Feb 5 2014, 08:40 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 8,626

I haven't even thought about Uplink in years. It was a pretty fun game, although I'd hardly call it cyberpunk.

+Quote Post
Rip the Jackker
post Feb 6 2014, 06:39 AM
Post #5

Target

Yeah, I should have put an addendum that Uplink isn't really Cyberpunk, but it is awesome.

There's also Dark Signs, the hacker MMO. You can write your own programs, even your own interface with the in-game scripting engine. It's pretty badass. (And free, which is important.)

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Feb 6 2014, 10:14 AM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

http://www.desura.com/games/datajack/news

+Quote Post
Rip the Jackker
post Feb 7 2014, 08:13 AM
Post #7

Target

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Feb 6 2014, 04:14 AM) *

That looks badass. I'll download it soon. I know there's another thread about it, but how is Shadowrun Returns? I never played the SNES of SEGA games, so I have no basis for comparison. What type of game is it? It looks kind of third-person fixed camera-ish. Is it a turn-based tactical RPG? Because I love those. Also, how does hacking/decking work? Is there a separate Matrix to run around in? Does it have a decent storymode, or is it all about user-created content, because let me tell you, I bought Elemental: War of Magic, and that game did not impress me at all. Relying on user-created content is just a way of saying, "We were too lazy to flesh this out"

+Quote Post
DMiller
post Feb 7 2014, 08:23 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,343

Rip,
SR:R is a isomorphic top-down fixed camera (mostly) turn based game. The game comes with one mission set and a lot of user created stuff. It also comes with the editor to make your own missions. There is a Matrix, but no actual Astral Space. Matrix works much like the "real" worls and is turn based as well.

I did play the SEGA version and loved it, I would say the SR:R follow the style very well over all. It is a fun game, but not ground-breaking.

+Quote Post
Grak
post Feb 21 2014, 05:20 AM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 77,269

This ones for folk old enough to remember Grues. The games called Cypher and while I have yet to play it, the site is soaked in Cyberpunk. Fair warning, it's a Text Adventure.

http://www.cabrerabrothers.com/

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Feb 22 2014, 03:04 AM
Post #10

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

*Looks around, realizes I'm in the dark, whimpers*

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Feb 22 2014, 12:00 PM
Post #11

The ShadowComedian

a chromed grue O.o

+Quote Post
DamHawke
post Feb 22 2014, 09:37 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 57,096

Just when you thought regular ol' grues were bad enough o_0

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Feb 27 2014, 01:23 AM
Post #13

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

Black chromed Grue.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Mar 11 2014, 12:58 AM
Post #14

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

Chuck Norris can kill Grue's

+Quote Post
DamHawke
post Mar 11 2014, 03:49 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Member No.: 57,096

So when a Grue is 'in the dark' it'll get eaten by (a) Chuck Norris?

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Nov 16 2014, 02:18 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,812

I suppose I'll add 2 new games I've tried.

Mainframe Loves You: roguelike with tile graphics (and pretty decent music Stahlseele says can't be turned off) programmed in 2 days. It's simple, but has 3 classes that act as difficulty levels. It is pretty short, but free. http://mainframe.herokuapp.com/

System Crash: A nice-looking computer-based (single player) collector card game with decent fluff. The demo (and probably regular game) start you with enough cards to build a wide variety of decks. This also means there isn't much use for the store or getting more cards as a reward. There is an interesting mechanic with credits (the resource used to play cards, which works like mana in magic the gathering without the colors) also being a card in the deck. It is possible for you or your opponent to not draw any cards to increase your money, or to play cards that permanently or temporarily decrease the other player's credit pool. Modifier cards can also be played on any agent that has been played. The small number of cards is less limiting to the game than expected due to the combinations, but playing through the full game may make it more apparent. The official site doesn't seem to do anything, but you can find the demos here: Windows demo - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3389831...h%201.0.1.1.zip or Mac Demo - https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3389831...1.0.1.1.app.zip

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Nov 16 2014, 04:43 AM
Post #17

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,360

I really can't improve on this trailer, but if you can't watch here's the dialogue:
The apocalypse has had an apocalypse. A rogue cyber army is shaping the world into cyber hell. And only one thing can stop them... From the toxic ashes of Vietnam War 2, a new breed of renegade soldier is born. Part man- part machine. All cyber commando. Sgt. Rex Colt is leading the battle between good and evil as it's never been fought before. He's on a desperate mission to bring down a battalion of killer cyborgs and save the world. Michael Biehn is Sgt. Rex "Power" Colt in this year's most thrilling, action packed cyber adventure: Farcry 3: Blood Dragon.

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Nov 16 2014, 05:35 AM
Post #18

Great Dragon

Member No.: 6,383

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Nov 15 2014, 11:43 PM) *
I really can't improve on this trailer, but if you can't watch here's the dialogue:

Dude, I just watched that and practically shat my pants. Is that a real game or is that a parody trailer???

If it is real I will have to dust off the old gaming PC (hasn't been touched in 2 years), change from Windows XP to something that can run it, and play it!

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Nov 16 2014, 05:00 PM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,360

QUOTE (Wounded Ronin @ Nov 16 2014, 12:35 AM) *
Dude, I just watched that and practically shat my pants. Is that a real game or is that a parody trailer???

If it is real I will have to dust off the old gaming PC (hasn't been touched in 2 years), change from Windows XP to something that can run it, and play it!

It's a standalone Far Cry 3 expansion. I think it's ~15 hours long. It is currently on sale on Steam for the next 24 hours for $3.74.

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Nov 18 2014, 03:03 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,812

I'm not sure anyone will know what I'm talking about, but a few years ago I played an online turn-based (like Kingdom of Loathing) cyberpunk game. I don't remember the name anymore, but it involved investigating a new drug that allowed you to visit an astral world and use magic. I think a lot of it (at least when I was playing) took place at a college campus.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Nov 20 2014, 01:01 AM
Post #21

The ShadowComedian

Here's another for the List
http://mainframe.herokuapp.com/

@Iduno
i dunno.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.