IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> What Skills and Equipment would an Urban Brawl Heavy have?
TheHand
post Apr 19 2014, 04:37 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 189,105

I'm new to SR as a game (and to rpgs in general), but have been a fan of the background for many years and have managed to gather a small group of other newbies to try playing it.

I will be the GM and one of my players has asked me on advice how to build his character, who was a german league urban brawl heavy (member of the team Anarchy Vienna). Until he shot a refree and had to leave Europe, to finally end up in Seattle.

So what skills should the average urban brawl player have? Is there anything heavies should be especially good at?

And, could he have stolen his gear and still use it?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ltwutze
post Apr 19 2014, 05:05 PM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 170,716

Urban Brawlers make for good fighters, but the sport is usually not about killing, so he might have troubles with changing his mindset.
In general, Urban Brawlers should all be sufficient in Pistols, Perception, have tactical knowledge for Close-Quarter-Combat or Urban Warfare and wear their appropriate armor. Coming from a good team, they should have TacNet-Software and the sensors and commlink to match. Melee skills are also worth alot, but a Heavy might let that slide as he only should get into fistfight range when he is ambushed. He should of course be decent in Automatics(Assault Rifle/Submachine Gun) or Longarms(Shotgun). If he had a position like team captain, he might be good in telling people what do to

If the character already had a longer career, he is most likely cybered, either because he was hurt or because he had some improvements. Combat drugs don't sound too unlikely as (illegal) means to improve his performance.

To put it in a list, here is Skills and Equipment in short

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Equipment
[ Spoiler ]

Of course, if he had to flee, you don't know what he managed to bring along. I'd even say that he can't have all he needs because you don't have all of this ready when leaving Europe to flee from authorities.

+Quote Post
TheHand
post Apr 20 2014, 07:31 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 189,105

Thanks for the advice, probably he's going to have one full cyberarm and wired reflexes.

As the players in my group have decided they all have a Heart for Fictional People he won't have to kill very often and rather use a Shotgun with Stick'n'Shock rounds most of the time.

He'll probably get the skills you advised, maybe with Leadership so he can command the other runners in combat to make them more effective. (I think the option of helping other runners with their tests using leadership is very interesting)

And as for the equipment, I agreed with the guy playing the character he will start with a street lifestyle and that he managed to bring his shotgun and some ammo along, but not much else.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.