Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4e - Biodrones?
BlackJaw
post May 20 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,213

Let's say I've got a rigger jumped into a stirrup interfaced guard dog. That rigger wants to make a bite attack.

Is that Gunnery or Unarmed combat?

I think it's technically Gunnery, but I vaguely recall something about biodrone natural weapons being unarmed for riggers... but I may be mixing that up with biodrones being able to use natural weapons via the animal's unarmed instead of a pilot + autosoft.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Modular Man
post May 20 2014, 06:45 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,317

Oh.
As far as I can recall, biodrone rules always have been kind of unclear.
I'd go with unarmed combat. That is set on riggers piloting a biodrone having to use their own skills (and I hardly see vehicle skills apply at all) (see "Augmentation", biodrone game information) and the fact that if it were a normal humanoid drone and the rigger were to slap someone with its mechanical arm, he'd also have to use his own unarmed skill (see "Arsenal").
My german sourcebook quotes would probably not be of help right now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
DeathStrobe
post May 20 2014, 11:53 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,558

Wouldn't it be an exotic melee weapon? Like the bite rules?

+Quote Post
Neraph
post May 22 2014, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (DeathStrobe @ May 20 2014, 06:53 PM) *
Wouldn't it be an exotic melee weapon? Like the bite rules?

No, bites gained through SURGE or other qualities are Exotic Weapons, but those that are Powers (like a critter's bite) are Unarmed Attacks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.