IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Infected adept with sustenance, Should he_she need less [icky stuff]?
Uli
post Jun 10 2014, 09:44 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,291

E. g. a vampire only needs to consume one third of the usual amount of blood - I'm leaning toward yes. As far as I know, the use of the sustenance spell is controversial.

What do you think? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) The search function did not help, btw.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jun 10 2014, 10:09 PM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?s=&a...t&p=1221656 has some interesting points.

The spell would probably help with the Dietary requirement of the Vamp, but will not help with the Essence side and it would still need to Drain someone.

+Quote Post
Patrick Goodman
post Jun 10 2014, 11:49 PM
Post #3

Tilting at Windmills

Member No.: 388

What Sendaz said.

+Quote Post
Uli
post Jun 11 2014, 06:32 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Great link. Thanks for the help! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spin.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jun 18 2014, 12:48 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jun 10 2014, 05:09 PM) *
The spell would probably help with the Dietary requirement of the Vamp, but will not help with the Essence side and it would still need to Drain someone.

QUOTE (Patrick Goodman @ Jun 10 2014, 06:49 PM) *
What Sendaz said.

What they said.

Also, I remember a few years back I asserted the same thing and it was violently opposed. It's amazing how viewpoints have changed around here.

+Quote Post
Uli
post Jun 18 2014, 07:39 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

I think I remember lurking in that thread. I couldn't find it anymore, but my insticts told me, that dumpshock would disagree with me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) Well, there went my preconceived notions.

+Quote Post
binarywraith
post Jun 18 2014, 12:40 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,659

I think the use of the Sustenance spell is only controversial when it is insisted that it removes or reduces the Essence Drain requirement. I personally feel it's kind of a cheeseweasel method of getting a power bump without paying the in-game price, and isn't really reflected in the in-game descriptions of how HMHVV works, but mechanically it seems sound.

+Quote Post
Uli
post Jun 18 2014, 02:35 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Just to be clear: I only intend to use it for the blood/flesh requirement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Jun 18 2014, 11:52 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 16,387

QUOTE (Uli @ Jun 18 2014, 09:35 AM) *
Just to be clear: I only intend to use it for the blood/flesh requirement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

That's exactly the point I was raising. I think people somehow misinterpreted it despite me making no fewer than like seven posts about how I was meaning only the Dietary Requirement aspect, not the Essence Drain aspect.

Besides, for Essence Drain you can at the very least use your very own, self-made Renfield, although you wouldn't be able to use the power boost effect of Essence Drain. It'd be more to stave off Essence Loss.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:42 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.