IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Meatbag's Quick'n'Dirty Arsenal Conversion!, It's quick, also dirty.
Meatbag
post Jun 12 2014, 05:56 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,603

Alright, so Run'n'Gun has been out for a while. I have it, I've thumbed through it many times, and my verdict is "it's Arsenal, but not as good." It needs Errata that'd qualify as "most of a book", so instead, pick up your old copy of Arsenal and follow along with me:

Holdout: 6P, no AP, Accuracy 4.

Light Pistol: i6/7P. no AP, accuracy 6/7

Heavy Pistol: 7/8P, -1 AP, Accuracy 5

Machine Pistols are Light Pistols with autofire and Heavy Pistol accuracy.

SMGs are Heavy Pistols with autofire and no AP.

Assault Rifle: 10/11P, -2 AP, Accuracy 5

Sniper Rifle: 12/13P -3/4 AP Accuracy 6/7

Shotgun: 11/12P, -1 AP Accuracy 4.

P.S: No, I don't know why light pistols are more accurate than assault rifles. Or why shotguns (using slugs) are about as accurate as holdouts, or why..Y'know what? Accuracy is a mess in general.

And there y'go! There's a variance of about 1 or 2 points in either direction from those baselines - with the exception of massive things like the Warhawk, which is almost a single-shot AR. I might even give the converted Eichiro Hatamoto 10P and -3 AP with SMG concealability - because it's a far-future Contender. There should be some tradeoff when weapons vary considerably from their class.

Generally, if you stick to these guidelines, you'll get something very close to appreciably better than the book.

Later: Melee weapons, including Cougar Fineblades that are better than combat knives. Also, heavy weapons, including HVARs that actually do something useful.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JesterZero
post Jun 12 2014, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,682

Not sure if you've already seen this, but you might find it interesting and / or helpful.

How To Convert Weapons From SR4 To SR5

+Quote Post
Meatbag
post Jun 13 2014, 09:13 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,603

QUOTE (JesterZero @ Jun 12 2014, 09:03 PM) *
Not sure if you've already seen this, but you might find it interesting and / or helpful.

How To Convert Weapons From SR4 To SR5

The links to the paydata ask (in German) for a username and password, so nope, I haven't seen it! If you've got the doc saved somewhere sane, I'd be happy to have a look at it.

Onward, though!

Melee weapons have generally gotten meaner. They do STR+, not STR/2+ in SR5, and pretty much anything with a blade has more AP. If you just fix the strength modifier and add about -1 AP to the knives, -2 to the swords and -3 to the giant mancleavers, you should come out with a pretty solid conversion. Clubs generally do +1 or +2 more damage now, but lack AP - they're mostly useful because a good club is never hard to find.

Accuracy for melee weapons goes from about 4 (top-heavy choppers) to about 6 (agile stabbers). with room for extreme outliers at either end. No, I have no idea why these numbers are entirely divorced from the wielder's Physical Limit.

When converting zappy weapons, remember that they have a flat -5 AP rather than halving armor, and they start around 8/9S rather than 5/6S.

...Oh, well there's our problem! SR4 didn't have stats for a big nasty KA-BAR knife, just..A knife. Cougar Fineblades *were* combat knives. So yeah, the short version should have more-or-less identical stats to the Combat Knife, and the long version should be a combat knife with Reach and Concealability +0. But that's just my eyeballing at work, really,

An extendable baton is about 20 to 26 inches extended, Concealability +2. A camp axe handle (club) is generally 21 to 25 inches, and a lot thicker than the baton - it's concealibility 0 - which is the same size as the *collapsed* baton. I have no idea what's going on here, so let's just say a gladius is one step up from a bowie knife, hm?

+Quote Post
JesterZero
post Jun 13 2014, 07:43 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,682

QUOTE (Meatbag @ Jun 13 2014, 02:13 AM) *
The links to the paydata ask (in German) for a username and password, so nope, I haven't seen it! If you've got the doc saved somewhere sane, I'd be happy to have a look at it.

I'm guessing that it's hosting run amok. Here's a Dropbox link until the author can find something better:

Conversion Guide - Guns.pdf

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:16 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.