> Size of Krime Cannon after modifications
Machiavelli
post Jul 7 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

Hi Chummers,

Yesterday i had a discussion with the GM, about the size of a Krime Cannon (Assault Cannon from one of the new equipment-books, sorry, can’t remember the name, I only know that it was part 2). The gun comes with an already built-in metatype-adjustment (which is, according to canon, only an adjustment of handle/trigger-size), which I reversed. I also used the “reduced weight” and the “shortened barrel” option (plus some other nifty stuff, which is not important right now). So the question is, how big is the gun now and how heavy? Is there a problem handling it with strength 4? How big has the smuggling compartment need to be, to hide this thing?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Jul 7 2014, 10:31 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

QUOTE (Machiavelli @ Jul 7 2014, 12:46 PM) *
Hi Chummers,

Yesterday i had a discussion with the GM, about the size of a Krime Cannon (Assault Cannon from one of the new equipment-books, sorry, can’t remember the name, I only know that it was part 2). The gun comes with an already built-in metatype-adjustment (which is, according to canon, only an adjustment of handle/trigger-size), which I reversed. I also used the “reduced weight” and the “shortened barrel” option (plus some other nifty stuff, which is not important right now). So the question is, how big is the gun now and how heavy? Is there a problem handling it with strength 4? How big has the smuggling compartment need to be, to hide this thing?

Thank you.

..krime cannon is from Runner's Black Book..as for size..RL H&k g3 would be fine (IMOO)
..as for STR, Min Body & Str 8 req. is just optional rule from Arsenal's end pages..so by RAW rules STR 4 would work ..

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jul 7 2014, 06:52 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

It is also in Gun H(e)aven 2.
I think a STR of 4 is fine to carry it. The idea that you need a body and strength of 8 to use a LMG or bigger gun is stupid, even for an optional rule. I'm pretty sure the guys in WW1 and 2, Korea, Vietnam, Iraq 1 and 2 and Afghanistan who use(d) the various LMGs, MMGs, grenades launchers, rocket launchers, missile launchers and cannons aren't giant bruisers and yet they somehow manage to use those weapons without hurting themselves. How? Proper firing posture for the weapon in question.
That said, take a look at some actual cannons. They aren't really designed to be fired from anything other than a braced or prone position, partly due to the weight of the gun and partly due to recoil. Here is a WW2 cannon (or the closest I can find to it) to give you an idea of size. Carry it, sure. Fire it, better be braced, especially as you removed all the weight that helped control recoil.

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Jul 7 2014, 08:47 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

..Krime Cannon have std. foregrip, for recoil.. add Personalized Grip etc. to make sure..no recoil..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:01 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.