IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SR3] Ramming Rules, good old Sr3 times..
Acenoid
post Jul 22 2014, 12:10 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 133,691

Hi there!

As with any section I read in the books I have plenty of questions ... As usual it's about SR3 Rules:

1) Ramming rules state:
- If my speed is higher than target distance I can attempt a ramming maneuver.
- If my speed is equal or lower than target distance I can attempt on my next action a ramming attempt, if my speed reaches distance * 2

Let's assume I have equal speeds with my target and increase speed with a few successes. The target just drives at it's speed unaware of its doom. Now on my next action I would already fullfill the prerequisite "speed higher than target = ramming allowed" even if I do not fullfill the 2nd prerequisite (speed twice the distance).

Or is the first prerequisite only fullfilled if it was true at the beginning of the combat round?

2) to the few that attempted the full ruleset (maneuver score ecetera), how did you track this ? Do/Did you use specific sheets for car chases or just a scrap piece of paper?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 22 2014, 12:54 AM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

i think you need to be able to accellerate to speed=distance*2 in your current action to be able to try and ram in the next action, if you did not already drive at speed>distance . .
i hope that makes more sense than the SR (all editions) vehicle rules . .

+Quote Post
Acenoid
post Jul 22 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jul 22 2014, 02:54 AM) *
i think you need to be able to accellerate to speed=distance*2 in your current action to be able to try and ram in the next action, if you did not already drive at speed>distance . .
i hope that makes more sense than the SR (all editions) vehicle rules . .

Example:

1st action:
Hero is driving at 200 m/r villain has a distance of 201 m. -> So to ram I would need to accelerate up to 402 m/r (!) to be allowed to ram next action (?). Hero makes the steering check and rolls 2 successes multiplying this with the acceleration modifier (10), Hero rides now with 220 m/r. (distance still 201 m, since distances are updated at the end of the round?).

the other guy does nothing.

2nd Action:
now Heroes speed is 220 and distance is 201, Iam allowed to initiate the ramming maneuver because speed is > distance

This makes no sense unless I have to ocmpare the speed>distance only once at the beginning of my 1st action.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jul 22 2014, 07:04 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

Yes, that's how i think it's supposed to work.
Compare. Enough speed? Ram!
Compare. Not enough??? Acclerate!
Repeat!

As for it not making sense . . this is Shadowtech, not Logitech and sense is not often made.

+Quote Post
Acenoid
post Jul 24 2014, 07:59 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Actually I re-read the whole thing and it seems (in the english) version they do not want you to compare "current speed mpt" but the acceleration rating against the distance (so instead of speed>distance it should be acceleration rating > distance or speed > distance*2 to allow ramming on next action phase).

If my car would have an accelerölaration rating of 10 i would be forced to begin the combat round at 10 meters otherwise i have to compare speed vs. distance *2...

Still all a bit odd (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) and far away from logi-tech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 05:28 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.