Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mars Alpha
FuelDrop
post Jul 22 2014, 06:11 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

Okay everyone, let's get this show on the road. I figured we could use the monorail ride to have everyone introduce themselves in character, possibly bond a little, then we can move on with the game.

Now for some housekeeping: Your EVO HEL suit has been modified to include a toolkit suitable to your profession, containing anything you could need for normal day-to-day work in your area that could physically fit, along with contingency equipment and a high end multi-tool. It also includes a commlink with 3 in all stats except signal (except for our IT guy, who has rating 5 in all attributes), which is 5, and all common use programs loaded onto it at rating 3 (again except for the IT guy, who gets rating 5 for both common use and most hacker programs except Blackhammer). The suit also includes a trode net, image link, sound link, a biomonitor and about 3 terrabytes of company-approved music loaded onto the hard drive, along with tech and safety manuals for everything that you're authorized to have access to, a library of data on mars and your field, a rating 1 medical kit (except for the one issued to the medic, who has a rating 4 medical kit), and a high-end GPS tracking device in case something goes wrong and they have to find you somewhere on the martian surface.

Additionally, you each get a rating 3 agent tasked with keeping all your files in order, handling your schedule, and otherwise acting as your secretary. You can choose the skin and personality.

Finally, JT Logan is issued with an Ares Predator IV with an extreme environment mod (rating 2) for vacuum, 2 clips of gel rounds and one clip of frangible ammunition. Jacob Griffiths is issued with a Colt America, similarly modified, and a single clip of gel ammunition, along with a note saying he's receiving this for security reasons due to his history as a HTR Medic, and is not to fire it unless his life is in imminent danger.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Jul 23 2014, 02:59 PM
Post #2

Grand Nagus

Member No.: 6,518

JT Logan, Mars Security

Character Description
[ Spoiler ]

Introduction
[ Spoiler ]

Character Sheet / Stats
[ Spoiler ]

Gear
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

This post has been edited by Bastard: Jan 13 2015, 06:31 PM

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jul 23 2014, 11:25 PM
Post #3

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

Here's a colour scheme used in a number of games

- - Time and location stamp in Orange and bold
- - PAN mode in grey under time stamp
- - "Speech color=cyan, enclosed in quotes"
- - <Coms (vocal) color=violet or purple>
- - <Coms (Text) color=yellow>
- - Thoughts color=darkkhaki and in italics
- - Memories, flashbacks, dreams color=lightgrey and in italics
- - Spirits and Astral communication color=brown

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jul 23 2014, 11:38 PM
Post #4

Old Man of the North

STORAGE LOCKER FOR RANDOM THINGS THAT NATHANIEL REMEMBERS

I might find something better later, but for now this is the mental garbage dump for a PC who remembers everything by a player who doesn't.

#####

[ Spoiler ]

CHARACTER STATS FOR NATHANIEL JONES

So I don't have to keep finding the recruitment thread.

So, here goes the draft for Dr. Nathaniel Jones, Archaeologist to the Stars. (Well, planets anyway.)

I've built him with 750 karma points, and Initiation has been allowed, though I assume limits to starting Attributes remain. I'm also assuming a date in 2074 for the timeline of the story. I would adjust Jones' birth year accordingly if that is wrong.

Story
[ Spoiler ]

Stats {karma costs of sections in curly brackets}
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Jul 25 2014, 06:48 AM
Post #5

Grand Nagus

Sorry... I am out of date on Shadowrun... I still use 3rd Ed, so I have a few questions.

1/ What is AR?
2/ What is a HEL suit?
3/... and what does it look like?
4/ What is the difference between ocean and military gray? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

May I also suggest that we disable signatures in the IC?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 25 2014, 10:36 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

NP, if any further questions occur to you feel free to sling them our way and I'm certain someone will answer them. Except for questions about where babies come from, we're all shut-in neckbeards around here with no experience of that sort of thing! (JOKE!)

1) AR stands for Augmented Reality. It's kind of like the HUD in most computer games, with the additional ability to generate helpful things like signs, navigation points, notes, and other things like that. It also allows you to do anything you could with a computer, only without the hardware (Including stream videos, read, write, look at lolcats, play games, ect). In addition, it allows for the creation of virtual items, such as the aforementioned fashion disasters. It's not quite real, but it lets you live big on a budget. One very useful part of this is the ability to leave other people signs and notices, including setting them so that only certain people can view said notices. That's not a comprehensive list, so feel free to be inventive!

2) A Hostile Environment Living Suit is, to quote Arsenal: "[A] thin, tight-fitting, puncture-and-tear resistant suit that covers the whole body except the face, which can be protected by a hood and self-attaching breath-and-eye mask with an internal 5-minute supply of highly compressed air that is usually carried in one of the suit's many pouches". It's capable of protecting you from short-term vacuum exposure, extreme heat, extreme cold, and hazardous chemicals. It's also highly comfortable, apparently.
Stat wise:
Armor 4/6, Insulation 4, Fire resistance 2, Radiation shielding 3, and chemical protection 2.

3) I'm not certain. I think it's some unholy hybrid of one-piece body suit and cargo pants (many pouches, remember?)

4) There is none. It's a joke I slipped in referencing the Red Dwarf episode "Me Squared". Also, there's a massive stockpile of Ocean Grey paint in one of the cleaning closets.

Good point on disabling sigs, I completely forgot!

EDIT: PS: If JT needs to fire off more than 45 shots before being able to resupply then he's probably going to want a bigger gun anyway (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Jul 25 2014, 02:45 PM
Post #7

Grand Nagus

I got the paint joke, thats why the smiley... but I didnt know it was from Red Dwarf. Never seen it. I just started watch Battlestar Galactica!! On season 2!

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 25 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #8

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

There's a lot of material the droids in Red Dwarf reference that I'd love to see carried over to the replicants in Battlestar Galactica.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jul 27 2014, 12:36 PM
Post #9

Old Man of the North

AFC till Thursday evening.

+Quote Post
Marcus Tarrow
post Jul 28 2014, 12:55 AM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 52,649

Randomish thought, what sort of scale is the construction of mars base going to be like at this point? Is space at a premium, or has Evo had enough time by now to carve out and seal up plenty of space so it doesn't feel too crowded?
QUOTE (Bastard @ Jul 25 2014, 03:45 PM) *
I didnt know it was from Red Dwarf. Never seen it.
Well worth the watch. The books are good too, first place I ever came to meet the concept of Better Than Life (very similar to shadowrun BTLs, though predating SR by a couple of years) and the effects of what we'd look at in SR as simsense addiction.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Aug 1 2014, 11:23 AM
Post #11

So quick question, since it seems to be applicable; what is the expected posting rate for the game? 1/week? If one of us misses that window, do you just roll the game forward, or wait for us to jump in?

+Quote Post
Marcus Tarrow
post Aug 3 2014, 05:37 PM
Post #12

Target

Was planned to be 1/wk going by the recruitment thread. I think we've lost e-do but everyone else is still here.

Personally I'm all for pushing ahead. My only concern being that we're working in the least well documented of the SR environments, it'd be fairly easy to inadvertently come up with something that could clash with that FuelDrop has in mind. Even something simple like our current equipment loads raise some questions regarding the construction of the base (Jacob'll probably start wondering "Why're we all wearing spacesuits?" at some point (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) )

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Aug 4 2014, 06:46 AM
Post #13

Neophyte Runner

Sorry I haven't been posting, RL stuff has been keeping me from maintaining the threads. I'll try and avoid it happening again.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Aug 4 2014, 06:51 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

Does anyone want to do anything on the trip? If not, I'll put up a second post this week to get the plot moving properly.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Aug 4 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Grand Nagus

Nope. JT is observing and being a lump.

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Aug 4 2014, 01:16 PM
Post #16

I'm totally find with delays. I'm actually going to be in and out for the next two weeks.

+Quote Post
Marcus Tarrow
post Aug 5 2014, 12:27 AM
Post #17

Target

Nothing major planned for the monorail trip - mostly some smalltalk, gazing out the window realising how far away from home we are, and reading the manual for the HEL suit so he doesn't forget how to attach the helmet (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Aug 9 2014, 12:59 AM
Post #18

Old Man of the North

Been away again. Will catch up.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Aug 10 2014, 09:24 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

I don't really want to post into the middle of a conversation, so I'm going to hold off for a bit.

+Quote Post
Bastard
post Aug 10 2014, 10:35 PM
Post #20

Grand Nagus

I still have to post my character. I have my chummer copy if you need it.

I work rotating shift work, and we are splitting up a blank shift for the next 4 to 6 months, giving me about 60 hour work weeks, and on weekdays off my wife entrusts me with our 10 month old, who I have to keep out of the fish tank, microwave and liquor cabinet.

I usually cannot post from work, since I have no internet access from the work computer, and my cell carrier has decided to demolish the nearby cell tower and build a Spark Tower - whatever the fuck that is. Hopefully it will be done soon and my posts will be sped up!

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Aug 11 2014, 05:58 PM
Post #21

Rolling out to GenCon! I expect to get back on Monday.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Aug 11 2014, 08:16 PM
Post #22

Old Man of the North

QUOTE (nezumi @ Aug 11 2014, 01:58 PM) *
Rolling out to GenCon! I expect to get back on Monday.

Ah, the memories!

My first one was at Kenosha, Wisconsin. Stayed in a motorhome with three other guys. Something rings a bell about spiders, and "Gee Whiz!"

+Quote Post
Marcus Tarrow
post Aug 17 2014, 02:54 AM
Post #23

Target

Apologies for not getting on this past few days, got hammered by a windows update on Wednesday morning then PSU failed just as I was getting things up and running again on Thursday. Will pop up a post on Sunday.

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Aug 17 2014, 03:58 PM
Post #24

Old Man of the North

Don't you have Agents to deal with that kind of thing? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Aug 27 2014, 09:59 PM
Post #25

Old Man of the North

So, do we have any idea what department we have been assigned to? I assume there would have been a job description at the time of the interview? Are we all the same department? Or a multi-disciplinary, inter-departmental rapid response team?

+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.