Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Power Pact
Machiavelli
post Jul 24 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

My medusa-char. has a spirit pact with an master shedim. Nowi have access to the pact that let me raise my magic-rating (power pact IIRC) and the one that gives me one of his powers (force pact???). Question: can i use the increase in magic also for adept powers, if i am a mystic adept, can i split them on request? What about power foci? Can i use them to roll more dice for e.g. adrenaline boost?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jul 25 2014, 12:31 AM
Post #2

Old Man of the North

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,463

I assume this is SR4. The Definition of Magic Pact simply says you can add to your Magic Attribute. You should be able to distribute it the same way you would a new point earned with karma. It's the Power Pact that gives you use of one of its Powers.

Any dice roll that uses the Magic Attribute can be affected by the use of a Power focus. The adept has fewer uses than the magician, but they exist.

Geez! A Pact with a master shedim?

Tell us when it happens how your PC gets royally screwed.

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jul 25 2014, 05:37 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Let´s say it was not a voluntary decision. We had some business in Baghdad (IIRC following the Ghost Cartels Sessions) and were attacked by a Wraith. I never read the adventure, but it was major-mojo-dragons-vs. Wraith-vs. Shedim-vs us on the lower end of the food chain. The Shedim got busted by the Wraith all the time and asked for help. In return he offered the pact that gave me the boost to finish the wraith and get my team of the city. Up to now i don´t have much problems with the Master, but if it starts, i try to be prepared. Finally a reason for powergaming. ^^

+Quote Post
Modular Man
post Jul 25 2014, 10:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,317

Sounds interesting. I also second pbangarths opinion.
Always remember though, there is no such thing as overkill (at least when things come to shedim!).

+Quote Post
psychophipps
post Jul 25 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 11,613

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jul 24 2014, 06:31 PM) *
I assume this is SR4. The Definition of Magic Pact simply says you can add to your Magic Attribute. You should be able to distribute it the same way you would a new point earned with karma. It's the Power Pact that gives you use of one of its Powers.

Any dice roll that uses the Magic Attribute can be affected by the use of a Power focus. The adept has fewer uses than the magician, but they exist.

Geez! A Pact with a master shedim?

Tell us when it happens how your PC gets royally screwed.

It really depends on the type of BOHICA he gets. He can get "That table will do. Let's get started!", or he could get "I'm screwed, but it's gonna be a great game!"

I'm sincerely hoping for the later, because it can lead to some awesome gaming moments. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
psychophipps
post Jul 25 2014, 11:08 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 11,613

double post

+Quote Post
Machiavelli
post Jul 28 2014, 09:26 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

I am absolutely sure, that i will get busted, if i start using the pact too often, but up to now it is rather dormant. A shedim doesn’t offer that much usable powers, I would be seduced to use commonly. Usually I call my spirits to buff me with guard, movement and concealment, but these are exactly the powers, shedim don’t possess. Regeneration can come in handy, but I would not use it before I really need it. Astral gateway is interesting too, but much too special to be used often. Fear is useless, because I carry a modified assault cannon and look like ancient greek medusa, so there is little left. I really like faustian pacts, but I am a rather hard victim for such a being. ^^

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 02:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.