> Do Spirits get tired?
Mystweaver
post Aug 21 2014, 11:44 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,383

A simple question;

"If I wanted to get a materialized spirit to carry something 300 miles - would it get tired?"

Since all spirits can fly - it would be a nice straight line as well!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeathStrobe
post Aug 21 2014, 02:24 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,558

They do have physical stats when manifested, and a stun and physical track. I don't see why they wouldn't follow normal character rules for carrying things. They'd still have to make an STR + BOD test to carry really heavy stuff. I suppose an air spirit could use their telekinesis to make things float and move it that way. At the very least a spirit might get slightly annoyed at having to do something so trivial for a long period of time, but that is GM discretion.

+Quote Post
Mystweaver
post Aug 21 2014, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,383

Yeah but I'm thinking they don't need rest. i.e. they could go and carry an item (whether it enclumbers them or not) from A to B without resting regardless of the distance?

Puts an interesting slant on a PC playing a Free Spirit.

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 21 2014, 02:47 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,827

They can be bound for one year and day of 24/7 service (guard duty etc). They indeed do not tire out in the same manner as humans.

SYL

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Aug 21 2014, 04:23 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

Silly answer: Any spirit run over by a car certainly will get tired.

Practical answer: RC, page 91 does state that a free spirit doesn't suffer from having a Street lifestyle and have no need to eat or sleep. Aside from down time for recuperating from taking damage, I'd say spirits are not subject to fatigue at all and can keep going indefinitely.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Aug 21 2014, 11:34 PM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Aug 21 2014, 06:23 PM) *
Aside from down time for recuperating from taking damage, I'd say spirits are not subject to fatigue at all and can keep going indefinitely.

Problem is, the SR rules represent fatigue as damage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Now, spirits apparently float magically and don't have to burn energy for moving wings. So my suggestion would be to ignore fatigue from just moving or moving while carrying the standard STRx10 kilos, but everything more requires the normal resistance tests.

+Quote Post
Blade
post Aug 22 2014, 10:55 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

Even with the UMT, spirits are still very related to the tradition of the mage so I'd check how the mage's tradition considers the spirits to be.
Besides, a spirit can not FEEL tired, but still pretend that some stuff will leave him tired.

+Quote Post
Pendaric
post Aug 22 2014, 11:31 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,047

I run it so when materialised they do not get tired.

However free spirits with the meta human form of Animal form power do get fatigue in these forms and need to sleep but can drop to astral and back again fully refreshed and ready to party.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Aug 26 2014, 04:51 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (Sengir @ Aug 21 2014, 04:34 PM) *
Problem is, the SR rules represent fatigue as damage. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I'm away from books so I can't check, but if fatigue is damage, doesn't hardened armor mitigate it?

If so, that could very well be the source of spirits-not-giving-a-crap about being tired - it only hits them for SERIOUSLY strenous feats.

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Aug 26 2014, 08:48 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Aug 26 2014, 06:51 AM) *
I'm away from books so I can't check, but if fatigue is damage, doesn't hardened armor mitigate it?

Fatigue is damage that can't be resisted, so the hardened armour doesn't factor in.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:44 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.