IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Netrunner for the Matrix, Are there rules for combining the two?
thorya
post Sep 7 2014, 03:49 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 39,030

So I've recently picked up Android: Netrunner and it's great. Somewhere I heard someone had made rules to use it as a replacement for the matrix in Shadowrun. So instead of rolling dice, you go in with programs, credits, etc. and target a server. Is this true? Does anyone know where I could find them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeathStrobe
post Sep 7 2014, 05:14 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,558

Never heard about that. Interesting idea and would give more personality to IC then is currently found with Shadowrun IC.

The rules are so insanely different, I have a hard time understanding how it'd work though. I can possibly understand using it as an aid to set up some randomly generated hosts for 5th or nodes for 4th.

+Quote Post
tasti man LH
post Sep 7 2014, 08:42 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 66,005

Last I hear, it was more in reference to CP2020. Although if there is a set of house rules for Netrunner + Shadowrun, I'd love to see them.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Sep 7 2014, 02:02 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

Yep, one of Rache Bartmoss books for Cyberpunk had rules to use Netrunner, but I doubt this even works with the new version of Netrunner

+Quote Post
Prime Mover
post Sep 7 2014, 04:55 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 9,313

Bartmoss was so good he crossed game worlds via he Net/Matrix. He did believe there was something going on just under the surface of the Net. Used the Netrunner card game in a CP2020 game a few times and was a good fit. Not really compatible with Shadowrun. Cant comment on new Android Netrunner, never seen it.

+Quote Post
Wired_SR_AEGIS
post Sep 8 2014, 03:51 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 109,479

QUOTE (thorya @ Sep 7 2014, 04:49 AM) *
So I've recently picked up Android: Netrunner and it's great. Somewhere I heard someone had made rules to use it as a replacement for the matrix in Shadowrun. So instead of rolling dice, you go in with programs, credits, etc. and target a server. Is this true? Does anyone know where I could find them?

Not aware of any cross-over rules, but I will affirm your lead in -- Android: Netrunner is freaking excellent.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Sep 8 2014, 12:52 PM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

QUOTE (thorya @ Sep 6 2014, 08:49 PM) *

if I were to do something like this, I think what I'd end up doing is something similiar to the MTG shandalar game - treat it kind of like an RPG; with deckbuilding advancements based on RP stuff.

That is, starting everyone out with a pre-made deck full of mostly bad things - unoptimal stuff - and slightly expanding a limited cardpool when they deserve/earn/make/steal/get experienced enough to deserve better cards.

For the corporations, who are being run against, I think that I'd.... use a pre-made setup, or slightly boosted start.

So its not just a corporation vs a runner, game start.

Conversely, legwork would let a runner start with a favored program in play, or other minor boost.

Character ID powers are a good example of things to be earned.

Win conditions for the paydata you want could involve stealing a specific card, or fewer points than a full 7.

Basically, you'd want to take netrunner and turn it into a... scenario-puzzlegame instead of PVP.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.