IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> NPC archetype compendium?, Is there such a thing?
melquisedeq
post Jan 2 2015, 07:04 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 190,262

My last session was very free-form, and I noticed one thing: contacts and NPC archetypes are spread out through several books (several editions, even). It annoyed me.
Is there such a thing as a compilation of all NPC archetypes?
Official or fan-made, doesn't really matter, but if the latter it would be great if it had that FASA layout, with decent illustrations and whatnot, for me to order a PoD product I can be proud of...

I do remember downloading this unnoffical NPC list, some years ago, but rather than broad archetypes like the ones presented in the official line, it was more like a collection of really out-there characters. It seemed to be shooting for the setting's extremes rather than the average meta on the streets.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apple
post Jan 2 2015, 07:05 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,827

No, there is no such thing officially (and I would not be aware from a fan project). There are some lists and I think a random NPC generator out there somewhere.

SYL

+Quote Post
Cain
post Jan 2 2015, 07:51 PM
Post #3

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

QUOTE (apple @ Jan 2 2015, 11:05 AM) *
No, there is no such thing officially (and I would not be aware from a fan project). There are some lists and I think a random NPC generator out there somewhere.

Official, probably not.

Unofficial? There was the Shadowrun Archive, which had an entire section devoted to NPC's. That might have what you're looking for. Unfortunately, it's long gone, so you'd need to use the wayback machine to dig it up. The address was archive.dumpshock.com.

+Quote Post
melquisedeq
post Jan 2 2015, 11:57 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 190,262

'Blackjack's People Compendium' was the list I meant. Pretty cool, but it doesn't contain the actual stats so it's not really what I'm after.
Some copy/paste shenanigans might be in order, methinks...

+Quote Post
Link
post Jan 3 2015, 01:19 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,180

Contacts, released with the second edition GM screen, is an aggregation of all the contacts to that point in time (which is most of them). It's an A4 booklet with two contacts per page in the first and second edition format and it's fully compatible with third ed.

+Quote Post
Siygess
post Jan 6 2015, 03:57 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 191,254

I'm actually working on a Word based archive of all my 3rd Ed. NPCs for me to take to the games I run, pulling them so far from Mr Johnson's Little Black Book, Shadowrun Companion, Shadowrun Main Book and some I've simply made up myself.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 09:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.