Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [WIP] Revisited - Wake of the comet, need super secret help here please
Mach_Ten
post Jan 29 2015, 03:16 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 70,521

I will soon have the pleasure of GM-ing for our group and I have selected Shadowrun (SR3) as the setting. (Yay and OMG! what am I doing ?!!?)

I know at least one of our guys posts here and I really want to keep the whole shebang as quiet as possible.
(We played SR3 for the last year or more across three GM's and several campaign styles)
But still need help from those with the most relevant experience, So I'm asking for PRIVATE help in the form of messages or even emails.

I have a (45 page) so far campaign of up to 17 missions that begin in 2061.
Yes, I have read and moved away from the Canon books (Year of & Wake of the comet as well as Brainscan and RA: Shutdown)

Think, a world to be consumed by a second UGE plague and all the racial tensions.
Corporations that are desperate to be the first to reach out and touch a comet.
and a whole lot of other stuff in the background.

I have designed it so that the missions will not seem that grand at first exposure
but will be major turning point events and the repercussions will touch the world
But not so much that the runners themselves are facing down god-like opponents or are ever on the weekly edition of "Lone Stars Dumbest Criminals!"
AND mostly I don't want it to ever feel, look or be "Rail-Roady" ! .. missions need direction and player agency.

So, what am I asking for?

well, I've got some outlines, I've got some plot and a whole slew of ideas that kinda tie together,
I need another set of eyes to ask me questions I may not have thought of, point out obvious stuff that would never happen and generally sense check my work for plot holes
and maybe even some better hooks.

to anyone even vaguely interested, PM me or post here .... and I will forward a dropbox link to a PDF I saved from word.

I really hope to get some honest critique on this, so that I can make it as awesome for the guys as I hope it can be!

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:09 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.