Reply to this topicStart new topic
> FBI, ...A Contradiction In Terms?
Blaze
post May 9 2004, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,321

My players have recently, due to an altercation with their previous employer, found themselves on the payroll with the FBI. Now, I've trawled the books I've got, but I have discovered that little information on the Feds in 2061 exists. I know in modern times the closest thing for a base of operations for an FBI Shadowrunner team would be Quantico but (and I may be wrong, you'll have to forgive a Brit for his knowledge of US geography) IIRC Virginia now lies within the CAS. So where is the most logical place for the FBI to be based in '61? FDC? Or perhaps a secondary HQ in Seattle?

-JH.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
John Campbell
post May 9 2004, 05:14 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 3,581

Most of Virginia's in the CAS, but there's a chunk in the northeast that stayed UCAS. That may include Quantico... I'm not sure. Don't have a map good enough to be able to tell.

+Quote Post
Nath
post May 9 2004, 05:25 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

There's a buffer state of North Virginia, with the border basically following the Rappahannock. Quantico remains in the UCAS. Raygun used to store a map of North Virginia somewhere with his website but I'm too lazy to search the thread in which he linked to it.

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post May 9 2004, 05:28 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,158

Isn't Quantico just a training facility anyway? Their actual headquarters would be in DeeCee wouldn't they?

I also think Target: Matrix has some information on them. Don't have the book handy to double-check, though.

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post May 9 2004, 06:37 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

GM Fiat. Use it. There isn't much about the Feds but they do something. 1 thing in particular is cooperation with the IRS as related by Chromed Accountant in corp. shadowfiles.

don

+Quote Post
Backgammon
post May 9 2004, 08:15 PM
Post #6

Ain Soph Aur

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 600

There is a federal building in Seattle used as the local FBI (as well as CIA and other alphabet soups) HQ. It's like 70 storeys high.. check New Seattle.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 9 2004, 08:28 PM
Post #7

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

There is an FBI headquarters building in DC, IIRC.

~J

+Quote Post
Nath
post May 9 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Kagetenshi)
There is an FBI headquarters building in DC, IIRC.

It's not an headquarters, it's the headquarters. That's called the J. Edgar Hoover Building, and it's at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC 20535. But there are units like the Hostage Rescue Team who are based in Quantico. Originally Blaze was asking about where should he base a FBI shadowrunner team. As far as 'shadowrunner' has a meaning, I'd hardly give them an office with a plate on the door inside an official building.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post May 9 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #9

Manus Celer Dei

Member No.: 3,802

I thought it was the headquarters, but I'm running on too little sleep and qualifying things is an easy way of covering one's ass :)

~J

+Quote Post
Blaze
post May 9 2004, 09:10 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 1,321

QUOTE (Nath)
Originally Blaze was asking about where should he base a FBI shadowrunner team. As far as 'shadowrunner' has a meaning, I'd hardly give them an office with a plate on the door inside an official building.

Technically they're part of the Special Circumstances Task Force, ostensibly charged with crisis response and high-importance, low-profile investigations but in effect operating as government-funded shadowrunners. They're a sort of cross between Rainbow and Section 9 from the GitS series. As such, I'll probably dump them in the Federal Building, or in another property nearby, though they'll have to endure the 'joys' of 'orientation' in FDC and Quantico- thanks for the geography clarifications, guys! :D

-JH.

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post May 9 2004, 10:50 PM
Post #11

Guests

The FBI is described in Target: UCAS and mentioned in SoNA and a couple other places.

There are two FBI buildings in Washington, D.C. The first is the HQ--the Hoover building. The second is the Washington Field Office (WFO), which is down the street at 601 4th Street, N.W. (across the street (east) from the National Building Museum). Depending on what you want to do, they might operate out of one or the other--as far as who's giving orders. Since WFO (aka Buzzard's Point) is where the FBI agents with jurisdiction in the immediate D.C. area work (the guys who do the every day stuff) and some of the CT/CI ops (one of the reasons why WFO is run by an Assistant Director of the FBI instead of a Special Agent in Charge) the major national security activities (CT/CI/Intel) are run out of the Hoover building, but are also represented in each Field Office (FO), with some (WFO, NYFO) being of notable distinction for the size and expertise of their national security/CT divisions.

The FBI maintains a section called the Critical Incident Response Group. CIRG includes all of the special task units, including the Hostage Rescue Team, which is their special operations unit.

I assume that you want these guys to be covert, so they probably won't be working out in Quantico with FBI agents (oh, and the Marines next door). If it was all the same, they could be working through somewhere like WFO or through someone in CIRG, but not necessarily waiting in Quantico.

+Quote Post
Fygg Nuuton
post May 10 2004, 12:23 AM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,989

QUOTE (Blaze)

Technically they're part of the Special Circumstances Task Force...

nice, that would be a great thing to call shadowrunners on a payroll.

I think i just stole it.

call it manifest destiny

+Quote Post
simonw2000
post May 10 2004, 06:57 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,491

QUOTE (Nath)
It's not an headquarters, it's the headquarters. That's called the J. Edgar Hoover Building, and it's at 935 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Washington DC 20535.

For the record, the White House is at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post May 10 2004, 02:00 PM
Post #14

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

QUOTE (Nath)
Raygun used to store a map of North Virginia somewhere with his website but I'm too lazy to search the thread in which he linked to it.

+Quote Post
toturi
post May 10 2004, 02:38 PM
Post #15

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Now that we have the map... where is Quantico?

+Quote Post
Nath
post May 10 2004, 02:41 PM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Prince William County (as any quick web research using the word "Quantico" and "county" would tell)

+Quote Post
Guest_Crimsondude 2.0_*
post May 10 2004, 06:56 PM
Post #17

Guests

ahem

Oh, and cough, cough

+Quote Post
Nath
post May 10 2004, 07:27 PM
Post #18

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Crimsondude 2.0)
Oh, and cough, cough

BTW, I wanted to know, does anybody else have trouble accessing several sites of the .mil domain ? (namely, US Army, Navy, Marine Corps, DARPA ; Air Force and Coast Guard work fine, as DefenseLink occasionally). My pet theory is that they react oddly to connection from foreign countries :D

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post May 10 2004, 07:30 PM
Post #19

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

I certainly do. I haven't checked or kept count of which sites in particular are troublesome, but at least 50% of .mil sites are unaccessable most of the time. The sites with actually interesting stuff (like those where the Field Manuals are located) are unaccessable to me 99% of the time.

Which only works to confirm your theory.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:18 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.