Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyberskulls, I'll be back.
Buzzed
post Aug 25 2003, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,782

I was reading my books a lot lately. The more I read them, the more the intimidation skill calls out to me.

So who here likes cyberskulls, and who here doesn't?

Installed with red cybereyes for that cool terminator look seems tempting.

Is there any way I can sacrifice the ECU's in cyberlimbs to get a terminator limb look?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cray74
post Aug 25 2003, 04:45 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 2,860

I like cyberskulls for protecting large amounts of headware and, of course, on the just-for-fun "full borgs" I make.

As for the "terminator limbs"...what makes you think natural looking cyberlimbs aren't like that already? You know: a layer of myomer artificial muscles and artificial skin [1] over electromagnetic pistons and a metal frame.

[1] I know the Terminator's faux flesh ain't faux, but in SR if you have a cyberlimb, it's going to be fake flesh if it's within the rules. I think.

+Quote Post
DV8
post Aug 25 2003, 08:07 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

A related question; Last sunday, during our game, I was trying to find the legality code of a cyberskull, and I couldn't find it in Man & Machine. Can someone toss me a page reference or something? Thanks.

+Quote Post
hobgoblin
post Aug 25 2003, 09:30 PM
Post #4

panda!

Member No.: 2,242

m&m p. 155, legal...

+Quote Post
DV8
post Aug 26 2003, 07:03 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 116

Damnit!

* DV8 takes his Evil GM hat off and goes back to the drawing board.

+Quote Post
BaronJ
post Aug 27 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 2,020

Why wouldn't ugly, essentially useless cyberware be legal? It's not like Arms are illegal (Sorry, Mister Amputee, you're not cleared to have a new arm implanted, sorry. Perhaps if you'd not been such a drekhead, you'd not be in this prediciment.) Same for Cyberskulls. I can see implated weaponry being illegal, as possession almost equals intent. Everything else, legal; why not?

+Quote Post
Cray74
post Aug 28 2003, 10:23 AM
Post #7

Running Target

QUOTE (BaronJ)
Why wouldn't ugly, essentially useless cyberware be legal? It's not like Arms are illegal (Sorry, Mister Amputee, you're not cleared to have a new arm implanted, sorry.  Perhaps if you'd not been such a drekhead, you'd not be in this prediciment.)  Same for Cyberskulls.  I can see implated weaponry being illegal, as possession almost equals intent.  Everything else, legal; why not?

Not all cyberskulls are exposed. Synthetic cyberskulls are pretty concealable - they're mostly a variant of bonelacing.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 28 2003, 07:33 PM
Post #8

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

QUOTE (Cray74)
Not all cyberskulls are exposed. Synthetic cyberskulls are pretty concealable - they're mostly a variant of bonelacing.

Why should that make them any less legal?

+Quote Post
Cray74
post Aug 28 2003, 07:56 PM
Post #9

Running Target

QUOTE (Fortune)
Why should that make them any less legal?

Oops, I didn't mean to imply lowered legality just because the synthetic cyberskulls were concealed. I was just addressing the implication that all cyberskulls were obvious and exposed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:08 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.