Reply to this topicStart new topic
> CFD Musings
Voran
post May 9 2015, 03:56 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,099

I had considered putting this in my State of the Game topic, but that turned into an edition war thread, sooooo....yeah, no.

I was wondering what people thought of the possible endgame (in game, and as it applies to the game as a system) might be.

Near as I can tell, its something of a schizophrenia meets "The Borg" thing. Even to the point of infected blood being potentially able to mess up physical structures like...walls and stuff, if they had been nanoforge fabricated.

And if I recall, we also have grudge match level stuff of epic scope brewing with Immortal Elves and Great Dragons.

Techno-Shedim, without the dead body requirement? Are we headed to a more Ghost in the Shell setup where you can have cyberbrains and Ghosts that freely detach and reconnect with artificial bodies?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sengir
post May 9 2015, 11:50 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Voran @ May 9 2015, 05:56 AM) *
schizophrenia

Is something different. Sorry, pet peeve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Techno-Shedim, without the dead body requirement? Are we headed to a more Ghost in the Shell setup where you can have cyberbrains and Ghosts that freely detach and reconnect with artificial bodies?

Well, if I understood the plot behind the Boston lockdown correctly, they tried to use the CFD nanites to write an E-ghost back into his body (and they might have succeeded, if Deus didn't somehow get into the mix). But for that you first need an E-ghost, and there is no indication they managed to upload a personality on purpose. So there might be the tech to put an uploded ego/ghost/personality back into a body, but nothing to upload it except a worldwide matrix crash.

+Quote Post
pdboddy
post May 10 2015, 12:33 AM
Post #3

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,157

QUOTE (Sengir @ May 9 2015, 07:50 PM) *
Is something different. Sorry, pet peeve (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Well, if I understood the plot behind the Boston lockdown correctly, they tried to use the CFD nanites to write an E-ghost back into his body (and they might have succeeded, if Deus didn't somehow get into the mix). But for that you first need an E-ghost, and there is no indication they managed to upload a personality on purpose. So there might be the tech to put an uploded ego/ghost/personality back into a body, but nothing to upload it except a worldwide matrix crash.

So Matrix Crash the Third incoming... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post May 10 2015, 08:01 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

It wont just be the Matrix Crashing though.

Seeing how the lovely super nanites that make up CFD can operate/infect across several vectors it is making me wonder if the writers might not paint themselves into a corner with it.

It will be interesting to see where they go with this.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post May 10 2015, 09:03 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (pdboddy @ May 10 2015, 02:33 AM) *
So Matrix Crash the Third incoming... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I'm not sure if crashing the matrix whenever somebody needs uploading is a sustainable strategy...

And it's not even guaranteed to work, most Crash 2.0 victims ended up as being just dead.

QUOTE (Sendaz @ May 10 2015, 10:01 AM) *
Seeing how the lovely super nanites that make up CFD can operate/infect across several vectors it is making me wonder if the writers might not paint themselves into a corner with it.

Just infecting across multiple vectors wouldn't be a problem as long as those vectors only lead to a limited number of people. Which would decrease even further once the news break that having active nanites in one's body is dangerous. People strive to get rid of their nanobots, corps move their projects back into the cleanrooms into which such tiny structures belong, everything fine. And then they made CFD nanites self-replicating...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:09 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.