IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The boroughs, There's more to New York than Manhattan!
hermit
post Jul 16 2015, 08:40 PM
Post #1

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

This one'S for the old-timers, and a bit of a plea to authors:

Where can I find information about New York beyond Manhattan? It's a bit unreal how the books seem to assume there's nothing more to the conurbation than Manhattan. I know the old Nyx Smyth novels and a bit of info in Neo-Anarchist's guide to North America, but ... is that really all there is?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Jul 17 2015, 07:36 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,886

QUOTE ("Almanach @ p. 40)
November 8—USA: In response to their abrupt ousting, Queens, Brooklyn,
Staten Island, and the Bronx become one entity called the Quad Counties.
The attempt fails after just over a year, and the boroughs separate again.

There's also the Manhattan PDF for SR4, which contains minor information as well, and I seem to remember darkly that there was something in some very early web-magazine or so.

+Quote Post
lokii
post Jul 17 2015, 08:16 AM
Post #3

Keeper of the Timeline Maps

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,243

The Shadowrun Missions - New York (SRM03) mention the boroughs and sometimes the plot wanders into one of them. For example Burning Bridges which is centered on the Brooklyn Bridge also has a few visits to Brooklyn. But substance or even just an infobox-type overview I don't believe is available. (I assume you have seen the link to the Shadowhelix articles in Pegasus' forum.)

+Quote Post
hermit
post Jul 18 2015, 10:24 AM
Post #4

The King In Yellow

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,121

I do, and thanks. Putting together a notes collection for them (rather, enhancing the document I already have), and am trying to track down the state of canon first.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 03:46 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.