Oracle
post Jul 29 2015, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

Hey everyone!

On page 112 of Chrome Flesh there is the "Chemical Gland".

In the rules text on that page the chemicals a "Chemical Gland" can produce are limited to compounds which are "naturally
occurring and not synthetic".

Which of the compounds in the official rules fall under this category? Especially I am looking for poisons...

Thx in advance!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jul 29 2015, 09:05 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

Run Faster has a table for SURGE characters with the Natural Venom quality...I guess it does not become more officially natural than that (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

PS: Of course it's hard to gauge the price of those toxins, which you would need for the gland...

+Quote Post
Oracle
post Jul 29 2015, 09:15 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
From: Earth - Europe - AGS - Norddeutscher Bund - Hannover
Member No.: 7,624

Thanks! I didn't remember that table. Unfortunately there are no prices in it.

Seems to me like this is another case, where rules weren't entirely thought through.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Jul 29 2015, 09:32 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

Well, the cost is to stop people from cooking up crazy expensive compounds and then sell them, it certainly does that.

Based the same rationale, you can argue that if there is no cost for a compound and thus no way to make money off it, the cost can safely be treated as 0. Depends on how really official you need it. Otherwise, Gamma-Scopolamine is probably the best natural toxin.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 01:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.