Glyph
post Aug 16 2015, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,449

Starting Decker Pack
(350,000 Nuyen/175 Karma)
Midway between the Basic and Advanced Decker PACKS, cyberdeck-wise, this PACK is meant to be more comprehensive than the other two, containing not only the cyberdeck, but also all of the augmentations, software, accessories, and other gear for a decker to be able to hit the ground running.

Augmentations/Cyberware:
Cyberdeck (Renraku Tsurugi)
Cybereyes: 2 with
> Flare Compensation
> Low-Light Vision
> Magnification
> Smartlink
Datajack

Augmentations/Bioware:
Cerebral Booster: 2
Mnemonic Enhancer: 2
Sleep Regulator

Commlinks:
2 Meta Link commlinks (throwaway/decoy)

Cyberdecks:
see above

Accessories:
Electronic Paper
Printer
Satellite Link
Trid Projector

RFID Tags:
40 Standard Tags
20 Datachips
5 Sensor Tags (each includes rating: 2 sensor)
15 Stealth Tags

Communications:
Bug Scanner: 6
3 Data Taps
Jammer, Area: 4
2 Micro-Transceivers
Tag Eraser
White Noise Generator: 6

Software:
Agent: 4
All 7 Common Use Cyberprograms (from main book)
All 19 Hacking Cyberprograms (from main book)
5 Datasofts
5 Mapsofts
5 Shopsofts

Tools:
Hardware Toolkit
Software Toolkit

Optical and Imaging Devices/Vision Enhancements:
Glasses (Capacity: 1) with Image Link (when not using cybereyes for safety or disguise reasons).
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Aug 17 2015, 03:50 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

I would add in a lower synthetic cyber leg and turn the deck into implanted deck, I would also add in rating 2 cyber armor for the limb. I would also change the vision magnification to thermographic vision. The glasses I would put vision mag rather than the ImageLink. You're a hacker, if you can not protect yourself, then you're screwed anyways.

Yes I know my way of doing this would make the pack cost 22750 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) more, but for that money you get a deck that you DON'T have to worry about dropping, is protected by extra armor, and is pretty darn hard to see.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Aug 17 2015, 05:37 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

It's a headware cyberdeck. I was going more for a generic decker - I would probably put the deck in a cyberarm, along with some other goodies, if I was doing a combat decker PACK. But I'm glad you were able to tweak it with just a few changes. That's the main purpose of this PACK, to save everyone a little bit of time getting every fiddly little thing that a decker needs.

Honestly, while I like some of the PACKS, I think a lot of them are pretty worthless. Having a single Linguisoft (at Rating 2, 4, and 6) be three different PACKS... come on. There are way too many so-called PACKS that are only one or two items. That said, the Basic Cyberdeck Programs PACK is a must-have. In fact, I recommend getting about 20 of them. If the GM complains that it must be a typo, tell him "But it's in the ruuuules!" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Heh. But, um, they have fixed that in more recent printings... right?

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Aug 17 2015, 03:38 PM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

QUOTE (Glyph @ Aug 17 2015, 01:37 AM) *
It's a headware cyberdeck.

Silly me, you said that in the OP, I was just reading it too fast. On the other hand, the rules that allow for burning out cyberware makes a headware deck... problematic.

I was going more for a generic decker - I would probably put the deck in a cyberarm, along with some other goodies, if I was doing a combat decker PACK.

Arm is good, but leg is better because you can get away with wearing pants a LOT more than wearing long sleeve shirts. I also went with the synthetic cyberleg because it's a lot more concealable, and gives more space for cyber armor... gotta protect that cyberdeck! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

But I'm glad you were able to tweak it with just a few changes. That's the main purpose of this PACK, to save everyone a little bit of time getting every fiddly little thing that a decker needs.

Didn't do very much, just a couple of minor tweaks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 07:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.