adamu
post Jan 19 2016, 12:40 AM
Post #1

Snakehandler

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,508

Starting a game.

WHAT
This will be a sub-campaign within Aria’s Stormy Waters persistent thread. Some aspects will connect to existing storylines within the overarching campaign, some will not. Sometimes it may be unclear.

HOW
The stories here are going to be built on and evolve from the PCs’ character backgrounds and contact descriptions.

Once I accept a submission/approve a character, expect to wait a week or two for anything to happen while I work things up.

After that, each player will have their own thread for maybe 10-20 post cycles, with story completely focused on the PC as an individual. More likely day-to-day concerns than some grand shadowrun.

From there, players/threads will coalesce into pairings, which will continue for several post cycles to allow character relationships to develop organically in-game. From there, we will likely amalgamate pairs into groups, and transition the collection of personal stories into something more akin to a traditional “adventure.”

WHERE
OOC, this game will start out on both this site and Shadowgrid. When threads start being combined, the surviving threads may be on one site or the other. If you are not happy to play on either or both sites, best not participate.

IC, mainly Seattle.

WHEN
We’ll start late-2075.

WHO
Anyone can play. Recruitment always open.

Characters can already be shadowrunners, or they can be from any other walk of life and we will make you a shadowrunner.

However, there are some strict submission requirements.

1) Any SR5 RAW system, standard power level.
2) No Infected, no freaks. By which I mean, if it doesn’t look at least sort of like one of the five basic metatypes, no. No centaurs, no pixies, no satyrs, no sasquatches, etc. And even trolls can expect to have a pretty hard time in some aspects of daily life. No sprits, drakes, or AIs. No head cases.
3) SPECIAL HACKER/TM DISCLAIMER - this is an integral part of the game I love. But I haven’t understood or liked the rules since late-SR2. You are more than welcome to play such characters, but you may not get as much love from the GM in terms of role-oriented challenges. You’ll also be responsible for explicating your mechanics in some situations, yet still have to get GM-overruled sometimes even though you understand the rules better than me.
4) You will need to submit a very detailed character history, physical description and personality profile. No specific format, but if it’s not detailed enough that I can build a complex storyline out of it, I will ask you to elaborate until I have what I need.
5) Detailed contacts. For every contact, I need a lot of details on the individual and also specifics on how the relationship developed and where it stands now. Also, you get two types contacts. Type 1 is whatever you get from your RAW build. These are ‘your’ contacts, and I won’t mess with them ‘unfairly.’ Type 2, you get a very generous 40 points to allocate to connection and loyalty, but these are ‘my’ contacts. Their still yours to use, but I don’t have to play fair with them - you got them for free but I can do what I like with them in the name of the story. Again, if details are insufficient, I’ll ask for elaboration before approving.

SUBMISSIONS
You can put stuff on this thread initially, but we are now asking that all characters be posted IN FULL on the campaign's Obsidian Portal page.
If anyone needs invites or faces technical difficulties, please contact Aria.

REWARDS
As with all games in the Stormy Waters campaign, you get one Karma and Y2,000 per two IC posts.
The abstracted cash rewards pretty much stand in place of getting “paid” for stuff in the game.
Karma can generally be spent anytime as long as you can provide some sort of justification.

POST STYLE
For IC posts, you can do that rainbow thing if you like. Or not.
I prefer all game mechanics or other OOC stuff to be kept on the OOC thread (there will be one overarching OOC thread for this sub-campaign on each board), rather than in Spoiler boxes in the IC thread. Just my personal preference.

RECRUITMENT UPDATE

Second wave will be the end of the one-on-one, then duos, then finally groups format.
That means Beta, Chrome Head, Pap, and Brickyard if she comes back. Also Renard and Horseman if I get submissions.

I will still have recruitment open for people that want to join as others drop out, but they will be brought into the existing groups.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 19 2016, 12:54 PM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 18,267

Well you know my hat is in the ring, looking forward to it!

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 19 2016, 01:07 PM
Post #3

Snakehandler

Looking forward to your submissions, Aria - eager to get rolling!

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jan 20 2016, 04:26 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 2,326

Oh crap. Why do you do this to me!!! GAH! *shakes as she tries to keep from creating a new character*

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jan 20 2016, 05:37 PM
Post #5

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

I cannot turn down a chance to play in an Adamu run game...

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 20 2016, 09:20 PM
Post #6

Snakehandler

QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 20 2016, 04:26 AM) *
Oh crap. Why do you do this to me!!! GAH! *shakes as she tries to keep from creating a new character*

Give it a shot, and if it doesn't catch you, you can always bow out.

The initial one-to-one format is actually designed so that if you get into it, it grows, but if you don't, you can fade and no harm done.

You know you want to...it's going to be just the style you like - very RP-heavy.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 20 2016, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Snakehandler

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jan 20 2016, 05:37 PM) *
I cannot turn down a chance to play in an Adamu run game...

Dude sweet!

Standing by for whatever you come up with.

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jan 22 2016, 04:38 AM
Post #8

Runner

Member No.: 2,326

It's starting to come together, a concept that is. I'll try to start fleshing it out and putting the mechanics to it to see if it's feasible (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 22 2016, 12:45 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,241

Can I keep using Jan? Or is he otherwise engaged?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 22 2016, 05:18 PM
Post #10

Dragon

https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...rs/tc-stormcrow

Here's my starting point! Contacts still need doing and the background needs work...not at all sure if she's the sort of thing you have in mind, the anthropologist may be more to your taste, we'll see...

As an aside, can anyone not already on the OP campaign page follow the link? I think the privacy settings should allow it but I'm not sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
pbangarth
post Jan 22 2016, 05:32 PM
Post #11

Old Man of the North

Member No.: 5,463

It works for an alien like me.

Cool character! The website as a whole works really well for a non-member to explore, though the maps are restricted and the adventure log doesn't seem to work. May also be restricted to members?

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 22 2016, 10:41 PM
Post #12

Snakehandler

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 22 2016, 12:45 PM) *
Can I keep using Jan? Or is he otherwise engaged?

Dude, I play Al in three or four timelines at once.

You want to use Jan, go for it.

I've already got access to the sheet - will take a look and see what I might still need to get things rolling for you.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 22 2016, 10:44 PM
Post #13

Snakehandler

@all - have had some good bites, and many of those have now turned into submissions.

Like I said in the opening post, now it will be one-two weeks for me to absorb all the details and weave them into something approximating smaller and then larger stories.

Will PM people when I am about to launch their threads.

This is NOT a closure of recruitment - keep sending things in!

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 22 2016, 11:36 PM
Post #14

Dragon

QUOTE (pbangarth @ Jan 22 2016, 05:32 PM) *
It works for an alien like me.

Cool character! The website as a whole works really well for a non-member to explore, though the maps are restricted and the adventure log doesn't seem to work. May also be restricted to members?

Thanks! Don't actually use the maps (prefer Google maps overlays) and haven't bothered with the log either really (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
DireRadiant
post Jan 25 2016, 04:45 AM
Post #15

The Dragon Never Sleeps

Group: Admin
Member No.: 7,667

Can I get invited to the 2075 Stormy Waters campaign on OP? My Username is DireRadiant.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 25 2016, 08:24 AM
Post #16

Running Target

QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 22 2016, 10:41 PM) *
Dude, I play Al in three or four timelines at once.

You want to use Jan, go for it.

I've already got access to the sheet - will take a look and see what I might still need to get things rolling for you.

Cool. Where are you looking? It's been a while since I looked at it myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I'll try and get it moved over to OP at some point in the next 23 years, and also expand the background a bit as that seems to be where this one is headed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 25 2016, 12:47 PM
Post #17

Dragon

QUOTE (DireRadiant @ Jan 25 2016, 04:45 AM) *
Can I get invited to the 2075 Stormy Waters campaign on OP? My Username is DireRadiant.

Invite sent!

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 25 2016, 04:16 PM
Post #18

Running Target

My OP username is mister__joshua. I've had the account for ages but never used it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 25 2016, 06:46 PM
Post #19

Snakehandler

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 25 2016, 08:24 AM) *
Cool. Where are you looking? It's been a while since I looked at it myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

I'll try and get it moved over to OP at some point in the next 23 years, and also expand the background a bit as that seems to be where this one is headed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I just follow the link on the third post of the main Stormy Waters OOC thread.
The history will need to be fleshed out a bit for this game - right now it's a short timeline and one para, so just a bit more...and then you'll need to do the free contacts.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Jan 25 2016, 10:32 PM
Post #20

Snakehandler

QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 22 2016, 05:18 PM) *
https://stormy-waters-2075.obsidianportal.c...rs/tc-stormcrow

Here's my starting point! Contacts still need doing and the background needs work...not at all sure if she's the sort of thing you have in mind, the anthropologist may be more to your taste, we'll see...

As an aside, can anyone not already on the OP campaign page follow the link? I think the privacy settings should allow it but I'm not sure (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Not about my taste, about what you want to play.

Stats all approved.

Yeah, still need the background fleshed out in terms of
(A) what you are doing now these days - what exactly is it the Choir is having you do for them (I love this, because it will make it easy to tie things into other aspects of the overall campaign)
(B) how do you contact them
© where do you live
and of course need the contacts.

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 26 2016, 09:59 AM
Post #21

Running Target

QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 25 2016, 06:46 PM) *
I just follow the link on the third post of the main Stormy Waters OOC thread.
The history will need to be fleshed out a bit for this game - right now it's a short timeline and one para, so just a bit more...and then you'll need to do the free contacts.

That's cool. The actual character is about 6 posts down from that one after I did a re-work. Also I've never recorded any earnings (xp or cash) so far so if someone has that info somewhere it'd be useful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 26 2016, 11:24 AM
Post #22

Running Target

Oh, and the free contacts are already on my sheet unless I have more that I'm unaware of?

If someone could add me to the Obsidian Portal group (same username) I'll try and transfer it over.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 26 2016, 03:34 PM
Post #23

Dragon

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 25 2016, 04:16 PM) *
My OP username is mister__joshua. I've had the account for ages but never used it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Invite sent! You can work out your IC post count by clicking on the #of replies column and it gives you a breakdown of how many times players have posted!

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Jan 27 2016, 10:07 AM
Post #24

Running Target

QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 26 2016, 03:34 PM) *
Invite sent! You can work out your IC post count by clicking on the #of replies column and it gives you a breakdown of how many times players have posted!

Cool. I think you already did a roundup for the first run but I'll be damned if I can find it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Edit: So I got 16 in LG and 33 in TLG. 49 total so far (but TLG isn't finished). Was it 1 Karma and 2000Y per post? Or am I remembering that wrong?

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 27 2016, 01:42 PM
Post #25

Dragon

QUOTE (mister__joshua @ Jan 27 2016, 10:07 AM) *
Cool. I think you already did a roundup for the first run but I'll be damned if I can find it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Edit: So I got 16 in LG and 33 in TLG. 49 total so far (but TLG isn't finished). Was it 1 Karma and 2000Y per post? Or am I remembering that wrong?

Rewards are 1karma 2000nuyen per 2 posts! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

And Adamu is offering 40points of freebie contacts which you can add! I think it's something I will also implement later on down the line, I love contacts!

+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 10:17 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.