> Tangled Currents - Vexboy, Stormy Waters subthread
adamu
post Feb 15 2016, 10:06 PM
Post #1

Snakehandler

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,508

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1400; University District, Downtown Seattle

Vexboy rolled out of his room with very little to do. He just needed to get out in the air after a seventeen-hour One Piece marathon. it was pouring down rain, so no one much was around in the vicinity of his leaky hovel - the U District was generally pretty nice, the place where society housed its up-and-comers in relative comfort disguised as shoestrong accommodation designed to add a certain romance to the whole thing. But down under the I-5 flyover you could still find a few blocks of moldy apartments that would do Redmond proud. One was Vexboy's.

The hood of his lined jacket covering his head, he hadn't been splashing through puddles long when he noticed lively activity in a nearby alley. There was a gathering of men, a mix of homeless and slumming students, gathered under a spot where an overhang provided modest shelter. There was laughing and cheering and other exclamations, and approaching Vexboy found a slovenly looking dwarf at the center of the group, cash nuyen clenched in one hand, a pair of dice in the other. Mr. Mouse, taking all their money and somehow convincing them they were having fun losing it.

For just a split second the dwarf caught Vexboy's eye, making it clear he was not hanging around this sorry hood for no reason.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 15 2016, 10:20 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 199,988

"I honestly don't understand what was so important about this "Battle of Marineford" that you had to binge to get to it. I'll sap your magic if you pull crap like that again. I mean it." The Dragonslayer imparted to Vexboy. Vexboy smiled inwardly. It was worth it. He stepped over to Mr Mouse and sat down with the students. Gullible fools. But they were having fun. He looked at Mr Mouse con them out of their money. He watched him work his practiced game. He realized that him being here meant only one thing. "Looks like the start of the rest of your life. Just don't panic." The Dragonslayer imparted. "Looks like its go time. Maybe I should say something." He cleared his throat. "How much to buy in?" He asked.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Feb 18 2016, 12:24 AM
Post #3

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1410; University District, Downtown Seattle

The mangy dwarf looked up. "No minimum," he said, and after a pause and with all the implication his voice could muster, he added, "and no maximum," which brought hoots from the assemblage. There was no hint of recognition on the halfer's face, so Vexboy played it cool.

Eventually the game wound down, though, and it was just the former child-cop and the bedraggled snitch left in the alley. "Might have something for you, boy. No money in it I can see, no angle but the getting yourself killed kind. But I know you hate the kiddie-dealers..."

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 18 2016, 12:58 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

"That I do. Indeed I do. What do you know?" Vexboy forced back his smile. He needed to keep his edge... maybe if he was lucky he could get his sister on this... maybe. He doubted it honestly but he was interested.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Feb 23 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #5

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1411; University District, Downtown Seattle

"What I got is thin but solid. Tasty enough, it'll leave ya wanting more. But name, rank, maybe serial number on a good day kid. That's what you get from the Mouse-Man for free, capice?"

The dwarf smelled like he'd washed his clothes in New and Improved Drunk Tank Fresh with Fast Acting Body Sweat Crystals.

"My heart bleeds for the little whippersnappers same as yours does, kid. But everyone gots to eat, right?"

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 23 2016, 11:51 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

"500 nuyen sounds like a decent pay." Vexboy pulled out his Credstick. "I mean that should buy a decent meal or two. Hell thats rent for me."

Ooc: After the next post I will take the lead and start posting more.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Feb 24 2016, 06:38 PM
Post #7

Snakehandler

The cred disappeared.

"Okay, name's D-Pop. She's supposed to be a real looker - young - no, not like you, an adult, but young - and Eastern European or Russian or something. She's supposed to be coming to town soon, maybe already here, and knows about a big sale coming up - lots of high-end kids, kind people pay a lot for, kind people might pay to get back. You find her, she can point you to the exchange - that's the word. Now, I gotta go buy a couple of steaks." He winked at Vexboy and shuffled off into the shadows.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 25 2016, 12:54 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

"Well looks like its go time kid. Where do you start with this?" Vexboy pondered this. "Where DO I start?" He thought to himself. Normally Onee-San(I.E Jessica) was the one who did the legwork. So how does one get word on who comes from that country? Damn... he decided it was time to call his sister. He went inside and geared up. He exchanged the nuyen putting 1000 nuyen in his standard credstick. Then he made a matrix voice call on his Renraku Sensei

Vexboy>>>>>Jessica:
Vexboy: Hey Onee-San! Whats up?

Jesscia: Traning the new recruits...

Vexboy: Wait Recruits?

Jessica: Graduates that show a certain amount of promise have been given to me to teach how to do our job. Hunt serial killers. You know?

Vexboy: How are they?

Jessica: Interesting bunch. Some of them are white collar as hell. One is ex military. Magician. Nice guy. I have 6 students. Im teaching them how to analyze a persons M.O without tech. Which some of them think is stupid.

Vexboy: I uh... Need a favor. I need to run a check on the street name D-Pop. She is eastern european or russian. Mr. Mouse told me about her. I got stuff.

Jessica: Dangerous stuff?

Vexboy: Naturally.

Jessica: Maybe Rico would know. Maybe. I cant talk now but if I get the chance ill message you. Sorry little brother.

Jessica hung up. Vexboy hung up and sighed. Time to go see Rico. He went and exchanged an additional 1000 to his credstick. He was probably gonna end up buying something anyway. His old combat knife broke and a new one was very appealing now that he was, supposedly, running the shadows. He went downstairs and to the lot outside where he kept his bike. A crappy brown paintjob helped disguise it as a lesser crotch rocket model and he was thankful for that. But he had to admit that whenever he turned on the ignition he was a little worried about his ride. It spurred to life with all the power built into it. He put down his goggles and tied the straps on his coat tight then did the zipper. Within was several guns. The ride to the Seattle Fish Market was uneventful. The later weather called for fog but no rain. Which was nice. Once he got there he was greeted by smells and sights of the marketplace. He found a parking lot that had a decent sized enough troll bodyguard at the entrance. He had a shotgun on the desk next to him and that sealed the deal. He drove to the side and knocked on the glass. "Can I help you?" He asked not even looking up from his commlink. "I uh... need to rent a parking space." Vexboy said putting up his goggles. "SIN." The troll said finally. Vexboy unzipped and reached in and handed him his Metalink. He wasnt a criminal YET after all. The troll pulled out some device and checked Vexboy's commlink. "Aint fake?" He said suprised. He looked at Vexboy with a look of curiousity. "Whatcha doing here Breeder?" "Being stupid..." Vexboy said starting to get nervous. Thankfully the Troll chuckled at that and put a metalink through a glass slot. "15 nuyen an hour. Pay as much as you think you might need. But you get 10 minutes after the time or you get towed." Vexboy put down 5 hours and sighed in relief. He didnt think that lame attempt at wit would work. After slotting the credstick he parked his bike and went on his merry way to the Big Oyster. A bar that served as a front Rico had. Lot of "Freelance Merchants" hung around there. If you knew who to talk to you could convince one to sell to you. Unfortunately he wasnt that a big a deal. But he did know ONE. Rico. This would be the first time he ever he met him alone. "Damn kid. Calm yourself down." Came the Dragonslayers voice. "Stop mind reading!" Vexboy thought to himself. He heard the chuckle of his Totem. He sighed and went inside. The bar was tended by some portly dwarf with a cyber eye. Rico was passed out drunk on a table nearby. He was dressed in a black armored jacket and and some workpants with heavy boots. Strapped to his back is a notched machette. He was reasonably certain at any given moment Rico had grenades on him. "How long has he been asleep?" Vexboy asked. "Honestly I didnt notice him awake." The dwarf responded. Vexboy sighed and sat at the bar. "Anything food related you sell here?" He asked noting the scattered assortment of alcoholic beverages. "Oysters. Fried, grilled, or Raw." He responded. "I guess... fried?" Vexboy said unsure but a little hungry. "5 nuyen." Vexboy pulled out his credstick and slotted it in a slot on the bar table. The dwarf then went to the kitchen. Vexboy silently waited. Glancing at Rico every so often. Other then a tired looking orc janitor no one was here. The dwarf came back and placed a paper basket of sweet smelling oysters. They looked greasy as hell. Vexbot gulped and picked up one and tasted it.... it tasted like HEAVEN! UNHEALTHY FATTNING HEAVEN! "I gotta come here more often." He thought to himself. "Oi! Mitchie!" The Janitor said aloud. The Dwarf(named Mitchie) sighed. "Godamnit..." A bunch of rowdy sailors came in a wave of noise and cheers. "Whats going on?" Vexboy asked. "Spontainous shore leave. And im understaffed today." He picked up a commlink and started making calls. One of the sailors shoved Rico off the table... this started a chain reaction. You see Rico wasnt hungover... just asleep. As soon as he got his bearings he sprung up. "Ok! You damn wiseasses! Who pushed me!?" Rico said and it was a useless question as he looked at the guy in his seat. "Frag you! What the hell was that for!?" Rico said. The sailor cussed at him in some forign language and threw a punch. Rico took it and swung back with a heavy handed punch that sent the rowdy sailor down. "Huh just like on trid." Was the last thought that Vexboy had before the room exploded. Ten to one advantage on Rico as they turned into a mob of struggle. Vexboy sighed and the Dragonslayer started cackling like a madman as Vexboy stepped into the mob. He activated his Foci and leaped(literally) into the fray. He managed to get high enough to kick a sailor off his feet. He saw the movement of the chair being swung at him and managed to dodge it. He counterattacked clasping his hands into the sailors ears and sending him reeling. He would have done more but the buckshot of a shotgun interrupting. "YOU FRAGGERS BETTER CALM THE HELL DOWN!" The Mitchie and Janitor held a couple of double barrels at the crowd. Vexboy quietly made for the door when no one was looking at him. A few minutes later Rico made it out. "You ok?" Vexboy appeared behind him and Rico pulled his Ruger at him. "For fucks sake! Dont do that... Vexboy. Thats your street name now?" Vexboy nodded as Rico holstered his gun. "I need some info and maybe a combat knife and a holster." Rico nodded. "My store house is on a boat nearby. You got nuyen?" Vexboy nodded. "Why wouldnt I?" "Because your a stupid kid." He smiled. "Thanks for the assist. Follow me."

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 27 2016, 06:53 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

After a walk they made it to Rico's boat. "Id offer you a ruger but I dont have any on me. Well except this one..." He pulled out his ruger. "Yes. Your gun shoots better then mine. Yes yes." Vexboy says exasperated. They climbed up and Rico took him through to a cargo hold with several crates and guarded by several big guards with Ak-97s. "Ok... which one... ah!" He opened one up and took out a black knife and a specialty holster. "Well im feeling generous so for the set... 575?" Vexboy nodded. "I can swing that." They slotted credsticks and he handed the blade and holster to Vexboy who put it on and adjusted it. "Very nice. Hey Rico. You ever hear of a gal named D-pop. She came into town recently. Im looking for her. Eastern European..." Rico snapped his fingers. "Ah! Yeah those sailors you saw. They were european. A few others like them started meeting up at a warehouse about 10 blocks away." "Lucky Vexboy" The Dragonslayer imparted. "Wow. Thanks! What do you know about it?" "Combat stims being sold by the bulk. Some BTLs... a street doc selling some shitty used ware. I mean... SHITTY used ware. Usual scumming hustle this time of year. Saw someone rented a hauler. But thats odd. Usually they just bring things in crates and get some trucks and strap the crates down. Bring too much merch and you tempt the cops to take a look. Knight errant doesnt have the same informants in the same places. And vice versa. Some im sure its uneasy. You got a piece?" "Several." "Well make sure you keep it on call. Any minute now police could raid the place. Or some idiot could get paranoid." Vexboy nodded he headed off the ship and headed down to the warehouse...

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 29 2016, 04:44 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Amongst the various voices Vexboy found himself feeling small. No one knew who he was. It reminded him of something from when he was younger...

It was day 1 on the street for young Vincent Elmas. He was reeling after being kicked in the head by his father... or was it ex father. Even though he was never particularlly close to either of his parents he still felt a pang of betrayal deep inside him. They called him a freak and bemoaned themselves for having a worthless "Awakened" for a son. He was out of tears and in a panic. What do you do when you have nothing!? He checked his pockets... he had some lint... a crumbled nuyen... and that was it. He was going to die here. "Okay okay calm down. Damnit kid. Ok look we have to act fast. Listen to me. Listen very very carefully. You are going to DIE if we if we cant find the following three things. Food,water,shelter. Now... ok... look go hide over in that trash." Young Vincent dressed only in an orange t shirt and some jeans complied. He was 8 and only had the Dragonslayer to guide him. Even though he didnt know his Totem's name yet. He ran across the street and sat in a pile of trash bags quietly. He was breathing deep and loudly. "What now?" He asked. "Well for starters stop talking! I can read your mind and emotions so just think to me... ok ok... damnit.. wait. Look up." Vincent looked up and saw a ladder on the side of the wall leading to a metal staircase leading to the roof. "Thats your house up there kid. Listen up. We gotta stack up the trash bags and then find something solid you can jump up on to get to the ladder. Look around." Vincent looked around and found a cardboard box. "Maybe I can fold this down and use it to give me some kind of footing?" He thought. After stacking as many of the trash bags as he could into a pile he climb on top and folded the box flat. He jumped up but wasnt able to fully reach. The bags started to shift under him. "Jump with your waist and legs. Croutch down a bit then jump." Following his advice he made one desperate jump... and made the mark. He strained... adreneline pulsing through him as he lifted himself up over the ladder. He looked down and saw the bags scattered. "Stay frosty... it only gets worse from here..."

Just like then he only had his Totem. Before his sister... before his training... before he had guns. He became an assassin... a warrior... slowly on those very streets. Then he became even more deadly and focused. And nutured his repitiore of skills. He closed his eyes and smiled. Then it was time to work. He went to a vendor peddling some patches. "Hey. Im looking for someone. You know who could help?"

+Quote Post
adamu
post Feb 29 2016, 09:27 PM
Post #11

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1751; Pike's Place Market, Downtown Seattle Waterfront

The portable stand was festooned with packets of every color, ranging from slickly presented national brands to craft-wrapped local fare. Standard over-the-counter remedies were the bulk of the offerings, but there was also a generous array of the latest 'legal highs' to choose from.

The middle-aged woman working the stand wore a Timberwolves cap covered in pins proclaiming her support for a range of environmental causes, and a laminated city vendor's license hung from her neck to complement the easily recognizable municipal AROs common to all the market's traders. Upon hearing Vexboy's question, her eyes narrowed in genuine concern. "Oh my goodness, how old? How many minutes have they been missing? Boy or girl? Do you have a picture?" Even as she continued to reel off interrogatives her fingers were tapping urgently at the air.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Feb 29 2016, 11:58 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

"Uh she is Eastern European or Russian. She is kinda nice to look at. Young adult. She isnt missing. But... nice concern. My job would have been much easier if more acted liked that." Vexboy said. "Uh... V...Vexboy." I offer my hand for a shake.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Mar 2 2016, 09:15 PM
Post #13

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1752; Pike's Place Market, Downtown Seattle Waterfront

The lady took Vexboy's hand amicably. "Honey, are you old enough to have a job? Well, none of my beeswax. But I don't think I've seen your girlfriend." She gave him a wink, then turned to deal with some new customers.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 2 2016, 09:36 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

Edit: Submitted twice. Ignore this.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 2 2016, 09:38 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

"HAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!The Dragonslayer cackled."T...thanks miss." He left. When he was out of view and earshot he growled to himself. "IM MOT A MINOR DAMNIT..." He was fit! Maybe not beefy like some runners he was sure... but fit! He walked by the large hauling truck. He checked the hauler when no one was looking. "Hey wait... this is weird. Why would someone need this?" "Maybe check the building?" Vexboy nodded no. "Lets ask someone if they know." He saw a makeshift clinic set up in a serious of tents sewn together... he went up inside and saw some cyberwear... he assumed... on various tables. A man dressed in a scrub and goggles with a bandana tied around his mouth. "No more customers! Those are all display pieces! Im sold out!" Vexboy cleared his throat. "Sir I am looking for... wait... sold out?" "Someone bought all my ware in bulk. Im sorry you will have to wait until my supplier gives me more." Vexboy thought that was strange but didnt think anything more. "Have you seen a young european woman named D-Pop?"

+Quote Post
adamu
post Mar 6 2016, 12:05 AM
Post #16

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 1840; Downtown Seattle Waterfront, burned out block under Alaska Way Viaduct

The man was busy packing things up and apparently field a couple of calls in AR, but he was nice enough to give the fresh-faced kid the time of day. "What?" he squinted in confusion. "How should I...listen, if she's not just people, if she's a player and double-E, then try some of the Russky clubs downtown here, she'll eventually filter through. Pivnaya Putin, Red October, oh, and new place opens, when, yesterday? Tonight? Tomorrow? Called Chalka, on Olive."

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 7 2016, 03:38 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

"Thanks. Um... I will look for this Chalka place." Vexboy left and noticed a bunch of burly men throwing crates onto the hauler. "Hey... Didn't Rico say it was unusual for someone to bring a Hauler to this place? But it looks like they are packing things not selling them. And they are buying things in bulk..." Vexboy thought. "Beautiful European women and your first thought is to check out a freighting truck. If your gonna go off topic can it at least be productive. Now. A club. Your first option should be a makeover. Like a makeover now. Getting into a club is a bit out of your know how. Bribing your way may be something. But your no actor. The only persona you could pull off is a hitman and only because you have prior experience ...hey... YEAH! We get you a stylist. A tux. You got a concealable holster. We make them think your someone important and you find this D-pop chick! Or lose your virginity. Its getting pathetic your still pining for a girl you don't even know." Vexboy facepalmed. "I am NOT pining for Drillbit. And yeah... we need a stylist... how am I gonna find one? Maybe Astral knows. She is attractive. Can't do that on her own. Well not entirely." He thought.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 21 2016, 02:48 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

After he got his bike back he rode to Pullyup to a battered old building that Astral called home. He knocked on a door in her apartment and a few minutes the lock unclicked and a rather busty girl in googles and a labcoat came out. “Vincent! You look well! Makes me wonder why the house call. Come in! Your uh… Sister with you?” She asked hopefully looking into the hall. “No uh… I came alone. I was hoping you might be able to help me.” Vexboy said. “And I am going by my street name now. Vexboy.” He said to Astral stepping inside. “Vexboy?” Astral asked confused. “When I was with Lone Star, on my first day at the shooting range I shot a perfect bulleyes 3 times in a row. The officers said it was vexing. I guess for some reason that stuck with me.” Astral nodded taking it in. “Well the handle doesn’t matter as long as you do jobs well. But that name might do you well. You annoy the people who don’t like you, puzzle them with how you stay alive, and physically hurt them when they fight you! Your very vexing Vincent.” She quipped. “I’ll start calling you Vexboy when you actually become a runner though. Something tells me your not here on business. Not shadowrunning business.” She said taking a sip of a cup of soykaf that was so aromatic Vexboy felt the urge to cover his nose. “Actually I was hoping you might know a stylist. I need to get into a club tonight and I uh…” She snapped her fingers. “Funny! I do! He owes me a favor and has been especially annoying about it. Since I have called it several times before and no response. I am sure you will be able to uh… call it in.” Astral went over to her commlink and typed up something in ARO and put in a data chip. “Mapsoft. Put it in your commlink and follow it. His apartment is on the 34th floor and is room 3410. I don’t think he will shoot you but I don’t think he will appreciate this particular house call.” Vexboy nodded with a smile. “Thanks Astral.” He left.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Mar 21 2016, 05:51 PM
Post #19

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 2039; Downtown Seattle

It was a nice building. Lobby access was controlled, but Vexboy just walked in behind some other teenage boys that apparently lived there and the door security assumed he was with them. In the elevator, he couldn't believe the way Astral still talked to him like he was nothing but Jessica's kid brother - the way she'd given him that mapsoft, as if his commlink didn't have all the same navigational features as every other model on the market!

Unfortunately, the elevator stopped at everyone else's floors, but not the 34th, and eventually he was alone. They'd all had access codes for the elevator to take them to their floors. That, added to the fact that Astral had said this guy wouldn't be happy to be visited anyway, made Vexboy wonder if he shouldn't try calling first.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 22 2016, 02:15 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

"I don't have his number do I?" Vexboy thought. "No its... Oh. Well this is awkward." The Dragonslayer said. "Well hey! Could be worse! They could all think your still 15!" Vexboy was not amused. He was well aware of how he was seen and treated. "If they had seen what I did to the Highway 777 Killer they wouldn't treat me like that." He thought to himself. "I don't think standing over the corpse of a poor disembowled hobo while holding a freshly bloodied axe and a bastard in a surgeon suit missing a head would inspire the sense that your a mature older gentlemen." Vexboy nodded. "Perhaps. But I am hardcore." Vexboy thought as he studied the control panel to the elevator. "Actually I agree which is why I wish you weren't so weirdly outgoing and friendly. I mean thats you! And you should keep that! But it... its inconvient building a rep. But hey, nice guys finish last could also mean nice guy is the last living metahuman in the room. So maybe it could work. I dunno... what are you looking at?" Vexboy was fixated on a button with a commlink symbol on it. It wasn't the emergency button. That was in red. He pressed it and waited. "Do you have an appointment?" Said a elderly but firm voice. "Astral sent me to call in her favor." Vexboy said. For a few minutes nothing happened. "My niece is the most aggrevating sort." Said a calm but strangly intimitating voice. The elevator moved up for a minute then opened to reveal a trim and clean cut man who looked like he could play an incarnation of James Bond himself. He wore a heavily impressive business suit. Next to him was an elderly man who SCREAMED Jeeves. The man motioned Vexboy in. "Street name?" Vexboy coughed. "V...Vexboy." Vexboy answered with a slight stutter. The man studied Vexboy. "I have never heard of you and I know everyone. How long have you been in the Shadowrun community?" "I uh...haven't yet." Vexboy said nervously. He held up a hand. "Wait. You mean to tell me my niece sent up someone who isn't even a greenhorn. Your career is non existant correct?" Vexboy gulped. "Y...yeah." The man facepalmed and rubbed his forehead. "You leave a good impression." He said deadbeat. "How the hell did you even meet..." The man stopped for a second and pulled a gun on Vexboy. Suddenly this wasn't a business matter. Before he even registered it Vexboy activated his arm slides and sent his Fichettis into motion in a quick draw and shot the gun out of his hand while placing a lazer sight on his attacker's forehead. "WHAT THE HELL!? STOP THAT! IM NOT HERE TO..." Vexboy before being hit by a Stunball slung by Jeeves out of his vision. Vexboy fell to his knees. "Wait Simon! If he was an assassin he would have killed me... Your an adept aren't you?" He said rubbing his sore hand. "Yes..." Vexboy said. "You... are a special type of stupid. A very special incompetent. Well do not fret! Simon tend to his wound. I will get my kit." Vexboy was taken to a sofa while the butler began to heal Vexboy's pain. When the man came back he brought with his a briefcase and a commlink. "I am Facemaker John. Or John for short. Understand this. I am a retired shadowrunner. Let that sink in. I naturally know a great deal about many thinks but social settings and Johnson meets are my forte. I sell my knowledge and give makeovers for the more... socially challenged runner. Decker who never leaves the office forced to come to a meet in a celebrity nightclub? For a fee I can teach him how to talk, walk, and act like a celeb. I also rent clothes so they look the part. Now what favor did "Astral" give you?" Vexboy feeling better got up. "I uh... need to get into a place called Chalka." John nodded. "Ok. You have about 4 hours before the opening. I should be able to teach you enough to last a night provided you dont socialize too much. And I know the owner of that club." Vexboy was confused. "But wait it isnt open yet." John chuckled. "I know everyone. Now... get this straight. I am a professional who only works with the real deal runners. Im doing this as a favor but dont go contacting me until you have at least performed 3 real shadowruns. Not any ganger errands either. Fixer organized runs. Now lets start with..." John opened his suitcase and got out a disguise kit and began the coaching.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 24 2016, 09:33 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

When John was done Vexboy was outfitted in a white tuxedo with dark sunglasses and a new hairstyle. And makeup that made him look older then he was. "Ok. Now remember. Act like you don't care about anything. ANYTHING. Just walk up and be as nihlistic as possible. If you must talk to anyone remember to count to 10 in your head. They will think you are sizing them up. If you play this right you should give off the impression of someone important. The bouncer is gonna let you in so stroll casually to the front of the line once you get out of the limo. Remember. Your name is Mr. V. Try to talk with as whispery as possible. People might laugh at your appearance but once you get let in while they are stuck in line they will think higher of you. When you begin conversation with the bartender, remember to be as polite as possible without sounding friendly." John said sizing up Vexboy.

Vexboy thought he looked like a douche. "This look is so unlike you I can't even think of a remark. The rain in Spain stays mainly on the plain? Does that work?" Vexboy sighed. "Okay. Thank you." He said sincerely. "The ride I have arranged will be here momentarily..." A ringing came into the room. And after a minute Simon came in. "Sir. Vexboy's ride has arrived." John cleared his throat. "Thank you. Now Vexboy. When your work is done the comm number in your pocket will call the limo. Your street clothes and weapons will be there. Get changed and once the limo gets back here exit to your bike. And tell Astral I dont owe her anymore." He said pouring himself a drink. He handed a glass of something strong smelling to Vexboy. "Straight Whiskey. For your nerves." Vexboy took a sip and almost gagged. It burned hard! But he managed to drink the shot. He handed the glass back and nodded. "Thanks." He turned to leave and went down the elevator. A ork in a black cabby suit met him at the front door. "Mr V?" He asked. Vexboy nodded. "Right this way please." He lead him a limo and opened the door for him. Vexboy got inside and sighed as he was driven to Chalka.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Mar 26 2016, 10:07 PM
Post #22

Snakehandler

Tuesday, 19 November, 2075, 2302; Chalka, Fifth and Olive, Seattle Center

By the time Vexboy's ride pulled up outside the new club, there was already a line of Seattle's almost-young & beautiful stretching halfway around the block. The women had more skin than fabric on display despite the chill autumn night air. The limo elbowed in right at the door, and a valet stepped up quickly to open the door. Vexboy followed the instructions he'd been given and strode up to the doorman as confidently as he could, the whining of hopefuls behind the rope scratching at the back of his white dinner jacket.

"Name?"

"Mr. V."

"Right this way, sir."

Easy as that...provided Facemaker John called ahead for you. Vexboy couldn't help but wonder how it would have gone otherwise.

And then thick double-doors were opened and the boy was assaulted by a wall of staccato sound cuts and kaleidoscopic light, below him a seething sea of scantily-clad Seattle slick.

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Mar 27 2016, 12:32 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

Vexboy exhaled in relief. Then gulped seeing what could be considered a Playboy magazine in some cultures. "Ok. Remember what we talked about?" The Dragonslayer asked. "Do not trust any woman who comes onto me. I am just a mark to them." Vexboy thought. "Last thing we want is you pissing off a pimp and having to shoot... wait... YOU DON'T HAVE ANY WEAPONS DO YOU!?" Vexboy cleared his throat and continued walking to the bar. "My razor sharp wit and charm?" "Harharhar. Don't get shot at. Or if you do snag a gun from someone."

Vexboy cleared his throat as he made his way to the bar to snap himself out of his head. He walked past everyone eyes focused on nothing else but the bartender. "Geez its freaking loud. I can barely hear you think kid." The Dragonslayer said as Vexboy approached the bartender. "Excuse me. I am looking for an associate of mine. Goes by the name D-Pop. She is expecting me." Vexboy asked.

+Quote Post
adamu
post Apr 2 2016, 06:14 PM
Post #24

Snakehandler

The man stops wiping a glass just long enough to smirk, "You don't look like a friend of hers," in a thick Russian accent.

Vexboy uses the husky whisper he was taught and says, "But maybe I'm a friend of yours," as he sends an eye-popping sum of cash in the man's direction.

The cash is received, and the man puts down the glass, he puts down the rag, and puts both elbows on the bar in front of the young man, offering his full attention.

"Just do not even tell me why you want her. None of my business. And don't tell no one I spoke to you. But she is expected here. She is supposed to pick something up from someone. Maybe here tonight, maybe tomorrow. Day after tomorrow at latest." He picked his rag back up, but one hand was behind the bar, and then his comm number flashed its way to Vexboy. "I am Pyotr. Never talk to me or come near me again. But if you have questions and that sort of cred, call me."

+Quote Post
Raiderj
post Apr 2 2016, 07:30 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (adamu @ Apr 2 2016, 06:14 PM) *

The man stops wiping a glass just long enough to smirk, "You don't look like a friend of hers," in a thick Russian accent.

Vexboy uses the husky whisper he was taught and says, "But maybe I'm a friend of yours," as he sends an eye-popping sum of cash in the man's direction.

The cash is received, and the man puts down the glass, he puts down the rag, and puts both elbows on the bar in front of the young man, offering his full attention.

"Just do not even tell me why you want her. None of my business. And don't tell no one I spoke to you. But she is expected here. She is supposed to pick something up from someone. Maybe here tonight, maybe tomorrow. Day after tomorrow at latest." He picked his rag back up, but one hand was behind the bar, and then his comm number flashed its way to Vexboy. "I am Pyotr. Never talk to me or come near me again. But if you have questions and that sort of cred, call me."

Vexboy nodded. He took out his commlink and entered the number. He sent a message to Pyotr then left. "Let me know when she gets here and when she leaves and you have an extra 500 in your future. I'll double it if you know a way to get her to meet with me." He then left. The enviroment alone felt toxic. If he had a friend or two with him he might have a way to resolve the stress but it was just too toxic otherwise. He decided to loiter for about an hour to see if D-pop would show up just in case though.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:40 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.