IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Any SR novels that feature Slamm-0! prominently?
Zednark
post Mar 3 2016, 03:35 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 199,957

I really dig his character, so I'd like to get into any novels he's in. Or are the novel characters and the metaplot characters largely separate?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 3 2016, 05:21 AM
Post #2

Freelance Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,714

I want to say Slamm-0! and Netcat show up in Dark Resonance, but I haven't gotten around to reading it yet, so can't confirm (I just think I remember hearing someone talk about their guest appearance).

+Quote Post
Fabe
post Mar 3 2016, 05:54 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 11,050

yeah they show up in Dark Resonance along with Clockwork.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Mar 3 2016, 10:07 AM
Post #4

The King In Yellow

Member No.: 7,121

Yeah, they show up prominently in Dark Resonance (though the guy showing up is Slamm-O, not Slamm-0; a character who acts and physically looks a lot different from Slamm-0 post Street Legends). I'd say They Never Asked For This, but YMMV.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Mar 3 2016, 11:18 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

Rumors of CanRay working on a Slamm-0! and Clockwork Yaoi shipping in 'Fifty Shades of Grey IC' as a follow up to the Toasty storyline remain unconfirmed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
Fabe
post Mar 3 2016, 05:15 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 3 2016, 06:07 AM) *
Yeah, they show up prominently in Dark Resonance (though the guy showing up is Slamm-O, not Slamm-0; a character who acts and physically looks a lot different from Slamm-0 post Street Legends). I'd say They Never Asked For This, but YMMV.

Well we could attribute the physical changes to him packing on a few pounds during Netcats pregnancy.

+Quote Post
hermit
post Mar 3 2016, 06:15 PM
Post #7

The King In Yellow

And the different face and personality? Secred Monad Slamm-O/0?

+Quote Post
Fabe
post Mar 3 2016, 07:05 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

QUOTE (hermit @ Mar 3 2016, 01:15 PM) *
And the different face and personality? Secred Monad Slamm-O/0?

well I haven't read Dark Resonance does the book have him looking and acting differently then what we've seen so far?

+Quote Post
hermit
post Mar 3 2016, 07:51 PM
Post #9

The King In Yellow

Yes and yes. He is, physically, based on artwork from unwired (I think), which looks like his icon from ack in the days of Target: Matrix. The canon look of Slamm, though, was defined in Street Legends - the dreadlocked, slightly paunchy dude with the redneck style beard.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Mar 4 2016, 03:46 AM
Post #10

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

I think the first time he was physically described (him, not his icon) was well prior to Street Legends, in the short fic where he and Netcat first met, hanging out on campus and one-upping one another with some drone hacking. In it, 'Cat was surprised by how fit and good-looking he was. Street Legends? Not so much. One theory to cover-up the discrepancy was that he let himself go, gaining pregnancy weight just like she did.

I'm not a huge fan, personally. *shrugs* Opinions vary, I guess. If y'all can't tell from Gentry, I like it when deckers buck the trend a little, and aren't nebbish slobs in the meat.

+Quote Post
Fabe
post Mar 4 2016, 05:13 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

QUOTE (Critias @ Mar 3 2016, 10:46 PM) *
I think the first time he was physically described (him, not his icon) was well prior to Street Legends, in the short fic where he and Netcat first met, hanging out on campus and one-upping one another with some drone hacking. In it, 'Cat was surprised by how fit and good-looking he was. Street Legends? Not so much. One theory to cover-up the discrepancy was that he let himself go, gaining pregnancy weight just like she did.

I'm not a huge fan, personally. *shrugs* Opinions vary, I guess. If y'all can't tell from Gentry, I like it when deckers buck the trend a little, and aren't nebbish slobs in the meat.

Yeah game set match plus how he seems to be a bit of a wise cracking smart ass on jack point had me imagining him as being like Dean Winchester from Supernatural

+Quote Post
hermit
post Mar 4 2016, 10:27 AM
Post #12

The King In Yellow

I can understand that, but in my personal experience, that trope has been subverted so mmuch it has become a staple in itself. I'll take a Case-y (drug-addicted and slightly sloppy) or Slamm-0 over all those ex military combat deckers I have met over the years. YMMV, naturally.

Didn't remember that fiction, though. Thanks for the reminder.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.