Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Demonstration of full auto vs. semi auto, Background info for modern RPGs
Wounded Ronin
post Apr 24 2016, 10:04 PM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

I guess SR has generally been pretty good about having unjudicious use of full auto fire be penalized, but it kind of annoys me how in many games and mediums everyone always uses full auto fire, whereas in real life, semi auto is usually the right choice. Many FPS games don't even let you toggle your rifle into semi-auto mode. Even in public discourse, many who are ignorant about firearms seem to think that full auto fire is such an important point of discussion, when again, semi auto is usually the right choice.

I recently saw a video demonstration of semi auto vs full auto fire. I thought it is a good video to show people if they want to have a game with more realistic firearms, so they can understand why full auto all the time is just not really something anyone would want to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cosc-RO_oMg

Here's to many happy games with judicious use of semi auto fire!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.