IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Is there a 5E equivalent mission to these?
Larsenex
post May 26 2016, 10:39 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 200,359

Greetings folks, Myself and one player are long time SR players, however 3 of the players are new to the entire SR 'verse'. I wanted to run (again) Universal Brotherhood and Euphoria simply for nostalgia sake. In fact the other experienced SR player built his adept with UB as an enemy, when I told him UB was crushed.

Are there any modules or missions that I can use like that first Universal Brotherhood run?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post May 27 2016, 06:11 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

If you have those old adventures why not just update them with the SR5 stats? They have stats for the bugs in the magic book. It might take a bit of work but if your other players haven't had the dubious pleasure of dealing with the UB then it may be worth it. Run them as one offs as a sort of background thing for the other players so they get a better idea of insidious and evil the bugs really are.
Actually Euphoria could be run in the modern SR time frame with a few changes of the goals of the bugs. Rather than it being part of the UB it could be yet another attempt by a smaller hive to extend their power.
The bugs are still a going concern in SR, just that now people are aware of them, things like the UB tend to get shut down so they try to be sneakier.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post May 27 2016, 10:43 AM
Post #3

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Yeah, just use the story and improvise (or prepare) the stats. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Larsenex
post May 27 2016, 03:02 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 200,359

Thanks very much!

+Quote Post
FriendoftheDork
post Jun 1 2016, 04:25 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 9,300

For my "life in the barrens" game in SR4 I simply ignored the canon, as the players were not all aware of it either, and played Queen Euphoria and Double Exposure, converted to 4th edition. The same can be done to 5th edition, at least if you find rules for insect spirits (probably in Street Magic or whatever its called). Even if the players are somewhat aware of insect spirits, they might not make the connection if they havent played or heard of the adventures in question - for them it was a fun "kidnap a celeb" mission with a twist. And Double Exposure was awesome, even if insect spirit guards were slightly Overpowered, but it also made it challenging and dangerous.

If you want to read about it, check my signature link for the AAR and search for Euphoria (page 2, cant search whole thread with browser).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:50 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.