Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Animal Attunement (SR4)
Mantis
post Jul 2 2016, 07:16 AM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,538

I'm wondering whether you can use the Adept metamagic Animal Attunement to bond with a paranormal critter. The power description says you can bond with any mundane, non-sentient critter.
However under the Sense Link power (the only thing you get from Animal Attunement), it says that a dual-natured critter's astral sight is considered a separate sense from its other senses for purposes of shifting through senses to use. So what kind of non-paranormal critter is dual-natured?

I lean towards the idea that mundane in this case refers to critters that aren't magical (able to cast spells) rather than ones that are described as paranormal just because of the Sense Link description and the use of the word mundane rather than paranormal to describe the critter types possible.

Thoughts?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 2 2016, 07:58 AM
Post #2

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Sense Link might apply to other cases as well.

Anyways, I am pretty sure that mundane refers to ordinary critters (they are actually called mundane in the description as well).

ORDINARY CRITTERS
Like metahumans, the large majority of the animal kingdom remains
unaffected by the Awakening. Listed below are some mundane critters
that shadowrunners are likely to encounter.

Also, I think all paracritters are magical (i.e. have a Magic rating).

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jul 2 2016, 05:09 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,538

Yeah I see that Sense Link also applies to Ally Spirits.
Well there goes my idea of having a pack of attuned hell hounds at my beck and call.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 11:36 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.