Reply to this topicStart new topic
> A question on drones
Jupiter Sanders
post Oct 18 2016, 11:17 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 200,987

I have been running a group for a year now but only religiously in the last 3 months. I have had a new player in the group for the last month. He are playing a rigger/hacker. It has come up that the rigger/hacker assumes that all drones have cameras, not just stationary fixed point either but rotating sweeping cameras that capture sound. I cannot find any mention in the core rule book that every drone has a camera like this. I just picked up the Rigger 5.0 book and haven't had time to look yet but I wanted to see what the general thought is among players and other gms. Any comments/thoughts are appreciated.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kyrel
post Oct 19 2016, 02:31 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,583

IMO there's nothing in the rules (4a) that I've read and recall, that suggests that all drones have cameras, let alone non-fixed direction cameras. As I recall, the only thing the rules talk about, are sensors. And sensors can be pretty much anything or combination thereof, which allow the drone to orient itself and navigate around in its surroundings.

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Oct 19 2016, 02:35 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 12,360

I seem to recall some rules about being able to select the sensor suite based on the drone's device rating, leading to drones of varying sensor arrays (e.g. one could have cameras, another could have ultrasound, yet another could have only audio). It's entirely possible this is the fevered dream of an addled mind, so take it with a grain of salt. However, it stands to reason drones have some way of perceiving the world - what that is would likely be up to the player and the GM. I think having the sensor suite limited by device rating makes sense as a way to limit their sensors (as opposed to saying "all of them").

Best,
-DrZ

EDIT: This specific issues seems to be addressed on the officials: Here.

+Quote Post
Jupiter Sanders
post Oct 19 2016, 04:53 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 200,987

Thanks. Great information. It will definitely help in future sessions.

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Oct 21 2016, 02:37 AM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

Arsenal for SR4A (pg 105) actually lists just what sensors come with a standard vehicle sensor array. You could extrapolate from that to figure out what you think should be standard on a drone of a given size.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.