Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SR4] - Analyze device
Machiavelli
post Apr 7 2017, 09:58 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

Hi Fellas. I am once again toying with the spell „analyze object“ as some sort of skillwire-system for the magically active members of the group. Basically the spell should work as expected. You beat the object-resistance and all the additional successes can be used to “use” the item. The only problem is the definition of the word “use”. What e.g. is the “use” of a gun, a bo-staff, a katana, etc.? Can you assume, that the use of a gun is to shoot? I already had discussions that the spell is meant rather to be useful at build/repair-tasks. So you can e.g. modify the gun, unbuild, etc, but not shoot.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Apr 7 2017, 03:10 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,538

I've always used it to help in use with tech devices or driving tests. When taken as RAW, certainly an interpretation is it could be used to help a user shoot a gun. I've just never had a player use it that way, but rather use it for skills they lack. No magician in any game I've ever played or GMed lacked at least one gun skill so it just never came up. It could even be used that way if a character has the skill and act as a bonus to the skill. Still, never had a player try to use it that way for combat skills. Probably because most magicians are still waaaay better with spells than they are with a gun, even when enhanced by this spell.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Apr 7 2017, 11:04 PM
Post #3

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Operating a gun surely means shooting with it.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Apr 10 2017, 02:06 AM
Post #4

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

I have abused this spell in 4e on my rigger adept. It's more or less skill wires for the magically active.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:13 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.