IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Into the chaos (IC)
Gilga
post Jun 6 2017, 06:09 AM
Post #1


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 927
Joined: 12-June 16
From: Israel
Member No.: 200,423



The night hours pass and Vixen disappears tired but satisfied at first dawn, blowing a kiss at Maxwell as she descends to the sewers. As the morning hours pass it is evident that nobody is coming. You can see the Mafia guards, lawyers and their ilk with vision magnification but the drones would not let any of them approach the building.

Casa texts you >> there has been some complication with the agricultural alliance but we are trying to negotiate a deal.

Well, with your building at lock-down it is unlikely that you will be attacked but what else?
Simoneís shop is sufficient to repair Wheelyís drone but there is little other repair facility in your specific building.

The farmhouse has 3 levels, first level for marketing/sales and light tourism, basement level is for the chickens themselves as well as command operations and security. -2 level is the one dedicated to the pixies with some fancy high tech gear and half empty cages. It is clear that whatever building you took - is not a separate business one need a big cooperation for the kind of deployment you have seen, though with their matrix server completely demolished it is unlikely to recover exactly who is behind this deployment.

At any case, the building is yours for a bit longer than you anticipate. At high noon you receive a message.

>> Mercenaries, this is Ben Hunter from the alliance. It may come as a shock for you but nobody is taking over anything without the consent of the alliance. You were able to acquire a building by force, but you cannot run a business by force. Me and Mr. Ken Whitman the ahm Ďformerí owner of Eggs would like to negotiate with you.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 6 2017, 07:26 AM
Post #2


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,105
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Simone finally has a good idea of what it will take to repair the drone and gives Wheely the bad news. "I think this is going to take at least a couple of days, guy. I think I have all the tools and the AR diagrams for the specs, but I have to see that this poor thing was pretty fragged and will need to be completely torn down before I can put it back together. Is that OK with you? Now, saying that, is there anything you might want me to do to improve on it?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 6 2017, 07:44 AM
Post #3


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



Kynos took a seat in the command central and replied over the open frequency:
<<Hello Mr. Hunter. We appreciate your formal introduction and your outspokenness.
Let me return the favor: My colleagues and I where hired to shut down an - according to the current legal situation - illegal slave-trading organisation. We are not the ones leading the negotiations.

You have a lot of drones out there, but we are more than capable of dealing with those - likewise we can just deal with you - in a permanent fashion.
I can't imagine that your other compounds would be significantly better protected than this one and despite your personals best efforts and even forewarning we managed to take it within minutes.
I suggest you receive the lawyers waiting outside and hammer out a deal, before those guys realize they can just hire us again to make you go away too.

Whatever it is you want, tell it to the lawyers. The only thing that we have to offer is steel and attitude.>>

Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Gilga
post Jun 6 2017, 12:34 PM
Post #4


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 927
Joined: 12-June 16
From: Israel
Member No.: 200,423



Ben Hunter texts back >> Confrontation is not necessary as my lawyers informed me that the issues with illegality are temporary at best. All we need to do to reclaim the building is keep your bloodsuckers lawyers outside. Waiting is also problematic for you as the police will arrest you all for numerous breaches of the law.

What I mean is, as much as I believe that you can kill me. I am not your enemy, the Alliance protects its members and if you are really determined to own a business here you want to meet the terms of membership. Alternatively, since you are the ones holding the building perhaps we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement that keeps the building with the original management.

Alliance is not concerned on who gets the building as long as the owners respect their obligations. Let me know if you want to negotiate, and try not to kill the mediator that road goes badly for me - but also for you.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 6 2017, 01:13 PM
Post #5


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



With dried blood on the side of her head - as well as on her right hand - NoŽmie emerged from behind a building. From the look of things, it seemed that she had taken refuge on the ground at some point, only to have something fall on her. Whatever it was though, she didn't seem too pleased as she entered the main building, to find out what the current situation was.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 7 2017, 11:47 AM
Post #6


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



QUOTE (Gilga @ Jun 6 2017, 02:34 PM) *
Ben Hunter texts back >> Confrontation is not necessary as my lawyers informed me that the issues with illegality are temporary at best. All we need to do to reclaim the building is keep your bloodsuckers lawyers outside. Waiting is also problematic for you as the police will arrest you all for numerous breaches of the law.

What I mean is, as much as I believe that you can kill me. I am not your enemy, the Alliance protects its members and if you are really determined to own a business here you want to meet the terms of membership. Alternatively, since you are the ones holding the building perhaps we can come to a mutually beneficial agreement that keeps the building with the original management.

Alliance is not concerned on who gets the building as long as the owners respect their obligations. Let me know if you want to negotiate, and try not to kill the mediator that road goes badly for me - but also for you.


Kynos replied: <<I'm not much of a farmer and neither are my colleagues as far as I know.
But whatever, send your mediator - but he better be neither a mage nor a cybered up infiltrator. I'd see that as a breach of good faith and react accordingly. Likewise, you better let one of the lawyers in as well - I don't intend to cut my employers out of the proceedings.>>


Kynos relayed to Finestra: <<The Alliance or whatever they call themselves want to negotiate us continuing to be part of their racket. A representative of their side is on its way. Maybe you or one of your lawyers want to join him.>>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mulcarn
post Jun 8 2017, 05:52 PM
Post #7


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 117
Joined: 1-June 17
From: Hell, USA
Member No.: 209,326



Being chastised by Simone for helping himself out of bed was adorable. Not his fault that her medical instruments were tattletales and spammed nonstop warning signals in case someone tampered with them. Or in Maxwell's case when he unplugged himself and tried to leave. Something else that dangled in the corner of his mind was Nyx's whereabouts. He had sent a spirit to fetch her back after him and his team had laid siege to the facility. Pausing in place, he does a once over the medical ward and doesn't see the elf anywhere. Maybe she had already been here and he hadn't noticed it yet? Perhaps while he and Vixen were off screwing like rabbits in the other room? Maxwell frowns as he finishes dressing himself in his street leathers and sends a telepathic message to his spirit before it departs.

"Any luck on finding that girl I asked you to escort a while back? I can see dawn's light outside and that usually means you'll end up hitting the road long before then."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 8 2017, 08:31 PM
Post #8


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



Kynos drummed his fingers on the board. He didn't like the tone of the Alliance. It sounded a lot like a stalling tactic.
He made his decision:
<<Sovereign, I got the feed that you are up again. I hope you are back in shape and got to scratch all your itches, because there is still work to do.
Those arrogant pricks from the other farms - the Alliance - won't let the mafia lawyers in, keeping them at bay with their army of flying drones.
That's not a good position for negotiations.

I know you love your fire spirits, but I think we need the opposite now. We need one of those spirits that can change the weather - a little localized thunderstorm should be enough to force the drones out of the air. That should shut their arrogant faces up a bit.

@all: Has anyone found out what happened to Nyx? If those assholes continue to insist on negotiating directly with us, it wouldn't hurt to get her pair of arguments into the ring, so to speak.>>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Stuttrboy
post Jun 9 2017, 02:47 AM
Post #9


Target
*

Group: Members
Posts: 71
Joined: 7-July 16
Member No.: 200,467



@ team: I've got eyes on her, she seems a little banged up but mostly fine. I'll help her inside. I do a quick scan of the astral while I'm out and then help her inside the the rest of the group.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 10 2017, 04:17 PM
Post #10


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,105
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Simone is pretty much on listen only as she works on the drone, but her ears perk up when she hears that Nyx has been found. >>Hey, please take her to the infirmary if she is banged uip. I will be there momentarily.<<

She carefully places the right front leg of the drone onto the work bench and secures her tools and the parts before heading off to the infirmary to see to Nyx.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Gilga
post Jun 14 2017, 05:48 AM
Post #11


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 927
Joined: 12-June 16
From: Israel
Member No.: 200,423



@All Ben texts >> Negative, you send your own unarmed mediator. Your position is weak as the clock is ticking and with it a criminal responsibility to this shenanigan.

@Kynos Finestra texted >> Our car was seized as we approached - there was not much point in fighting. We were out gunned and had lawyers in the car. We are unharmed but prisoners nevertheless. Lawyers are terrified and are being interrogated right now. Casa said he'll negotiate some deal so keep the fort a while longer.

@Maxwell - Your spirit discovered Nyx but did not bother to bring her as she was only a few meters away. It was offended for being offered such a menial task and used its superior intellect to avoid your task and break free. Basically, since Nyx collapsed very close to your location he concluded that she was already 'there'.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 14 2017, 06:18 PM
Post #12


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



Replying to Finestra he said: <<Alright, I'll see what we can do about that - but the more I talk to those guys the more I itch to reconfigure their faces. I'll try to keep you alive though.>>

Kynos waited a minute, but since no-one seemed to bring Nyx in, he left the command central and went up to bring her personally to the infirmary. On the way down he said: "Get yourself patched up, you need to be in top condition for the negotiation, or this whole thing might go seriously sideways."
Reaching Simone he said: "Ey doctor after the good job you did on me, be a dear and fix her up as well. Because if I do the negotiating alone I'm pretty sure there will be a few more corpses around this time."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mulcarn
post Jun 14 2017, 08:28 PM
Post #13


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 117
Joined: 1-June 17
From: Hell, USA
Member No.: 209,326



Fuming a little that his spirit had given up so easily, Maxwell had been staring off into the distance outside as he waited for a telepathic response. He confirms with his own eyes that his spirit wasn't lying and Nyx is indeed safe and sound. Well... relatively speaking that is. His comm started ringing with another voice message as he indolently stared off at the horizon. Maxwell's lip curls downward in vexation from the keeb's jive. Evidently, the mage's romanticism and pyromania remained a half joke to the elf. Still, his disdain at jokes being made at his expense pales in comparison to being gypped out from his promised pay. "One more obstinate bunch of fools after the next. Let me see what I can do about that." Maxwell sits cross-legged on the ground and projects out of the building. Flying way past the swarm of grey shadows that comprised the drones above. Unhindered he continues as Kynos suggested.

[ Spoiler ]

The water elemental pulls against it's magical leashing. Causing a psychic backlash to ripple through the astral and tear into the mage. A line of blood slowly pours from his nose onto his shirt as his limp body remains motionless. Tired, yet determined, Maxwell addresses the spirit with his first and only command. "Outside of this facility is a massive horde of flying drones. I need you materialize out front and conjure a thunderstorm big enough to strike them all down. I'll be waiting nearby to see what kind of wrath that Nature herself can unleash. Don't disappoint me."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 14 2017, 08:38 PM
Post #14


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



NoŽmie followed silently, scowling. She looked at Simone suspiciously "It's fine, I'll be alright." turning to Kynos, she asked "What negotiation? We took the farm. Or you took the farm anyway. What is there to negotiate?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 14 2017, 08:50 PM
Post #15


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



"Yeah, but now the mafia lawyers fucked up - they can't get here and the guys controlling the drones are keeping them locked up. The Alliance - as those fuckers call themselves - wants to negotiate with us about what becomes of this farm.
They think they can wait us out until what we did is illegal again. They'd like that the farm operates as before and pays it's share to them.
I don't care either way as long as we get payed what is owned to us.

That's where you come into play. Those fuckers need to learn that we are calling the shots here - I told Sovereign to take care of the drones, but it will take a little while.
So in the mean time it's up to you to set up favorable conditions with them - otherwise we have to kill those guys too, just to get payed for this job.
Tell them to stand down their drones, or they'll lose that investment. Tell them we'll straight up murder them if they keep on playing for time. Tell them we are only interested in getting payed, not in running a farm and paying rent.
Wrap it up nicely in diplomacy and smiles like you did in the casino and we should be all good."

Kynos smiled at the last bit although it didn't reach is eyes. There was a cold fury behind his eyes, that spoke of frustration and barely restrained violence.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 14 2017, 08:54 PM
Post #16


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



"I don't think you need me to tell them you want to kill them." she waved back to the way they came "I'm pretty sure everyone knows by now that you walk hand in hand with destruction and murder." She shrugged "I'll see what I can do, but I'm no lawyer. And odds are they have a lot more hidden aces than we do."

>>Finestra [Nyx]: I just heard about the...situation... I understand what the others in the team want, but what's the best outcome for you, and your bottom line?<<
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Gilga
post Jun 14 2017, 10:05 PM
Post #17


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 927
Joined: 12-June 16
From: Israel
Member No.: 200,423



Finestra answers >> Well... not being murdered is going to be nice and getting paid would also be great. Overall I wonder why they are so loyal to these slavers.

Maxwell, the spirit does its thing but it is going to take a while, in the meanwhile there is no noticeable change to the weather. At any case it makes it clear that its strom will not be large enough for all the drones to be effected.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 14 2017, 10:21 PM
Post #18


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Nyx grumbled, but didn't reply to Finestra. She turned to kynos to ask "Do they have mages or any Awakened in general? For that matter, what do we know about them, outside of the fact that they're called 'The Alliance'? Could one of our hackers do their thing to find out more while I go to them?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 15 2017, 04:49 AM
Post #19


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,105
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Simone is taken aback by the apparent hostility of the person she is supposed to be helping. After following the conversation for a bit, she looks at Kynos and shrugs, trying one last time to do her duty for her companion. "Pardon me, Nyx, but are you sure that you do not wish any medical care?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 15 2017, 05:30 AM
Post #20


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



NoŽmie squinted "I'm not sure we have the time." She rubbed her shoulder with a painful grimace "Even if it could be a good excuse to keep that Alliance waiting for a bit while we gather information." She seemed doubtful, not really convinced, though in the end she seemed to agree. Before she did though, she said "But you'll promise me you'll destroy any kind of sample, blood or otherwise, that you get." Now that she's talking about that, it was possible to see that while NoŽmie had obviously bled, with blood flowing from her shoulder to her hand, she had made sure that there was no blood dripping on the ground, and instead everything was absorbed by her clothes.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 15 2017, 05:58 AM
Post #21


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,105
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Simone shakes her head. "Why is it the runners make the worst kind of patients?" She raises a hand and points to one of the beds. "Don't bother answering because there is no correct answer to that question. But yeah, I have no reason to keep anything I take from your body. Now get on the bed there and let's get your clothes off." She turns to grab the privacy curtain and pulls it around the bed so Nyx can get undressed without others watching then steps forward to help the woman undress and expose the wound.

Simone clucks. "Another useless question' why is it that runners are always the ones to say the wounds are light or don't hurt or some other drek like that? Again, don't bother trying to answer that."

Once the shirt is off, she finishes hooking up a series of leads and checking the biomonitor. "Hmmm. Some blood loss for sure. Let me get some replacement in you, if you do not object?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 15 2017, 08:41 AM
Post #22


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



Before leaving Kynos replied to Nyx:
"I'm not a lawyer either, but I think abduction is still a crime today. Those fuckers are no AA corp. They don't have exterritoriality. The Alliance is on very shaky ground and they must know it. Alone that fleet of drones must be an enormous investment. No business can take a massive hit into their inventory and take it in stride. In short, don't let them intimidate you and remember they lost their mage - and the security firm they hired is currently out of action. All they have is their fleet and that will be severely decimated come the next hour if they don't pull back. I myself might start taking pot shots at them.

But as far as hackers go - Irris and Wheely is the closest thing we have to a hacker. Ask them if they can do something for you. Alternatively you can ask Nagisa - provided we can pay her fee."
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 16 2017, 05:13 AM
Post #23


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,752
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



NoŽmie didn't quite sigh, and instead asked politely to Kynos "Then can you ask them? I'm not exactly able to use my 'link at the moment as you can see."

Since she wasn't asked to answer - and in fact, asked to not answer - NoŽmie kept silent when Simone talked to her and removed her top without any fuss, not really caring if anyone saw or not. The blood came from her shoulder, where a bullet tore her flesh but didn't do too much damage. It's only when asked if she didn't object that she frowned "It's just a scratch, not much more, do we really have to go through a transfusion, especially when you don't know anything about my own blood?"
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 16 2017, 05:59 AM
Post #24


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,105
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Simone chuckles. "You really have not had much experience with modern medicine have you? I already know more about you than you probably want me to know. I hope that does not convince you to kill me to keep me quiet." She feels around the wound with her fingers. "You are pretty close to being right about the wound, but there has still been some blood loss. I should stitch it up an if you do not want a transfusion, would you at least agree to remain on this comfortable bed and rest for a bit?"

She reaches for the thread and suture needle and moves closer to be able to patch the recalcitrant woman up.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post Jun 16 2017, 02:26 PM
Post #25


Moving Target
**

Group: Members
Posts: 686
Joined: 18-September 13
From: Germany
Member No.: 154,444



Kynos sighed and relayed it to his colleagues:
<<Nyx has lost her link for good it seems. Can you collect a dossier for her about the Alliance + all you can find out about their defenses? Much appreciated.>>
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

22 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th October 2017 - 07:34 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.