IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Tangled Currents--Lizzie
Ennui
post Jun 12 2017, 04:42 AM
Post #1


Target
*

Group: Members
Posts: 94
Joined: 16-August 16
Member No.: 200,558



QUOTE
Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


Sian looks at you for a few seconds then nods her head. "It is your choice. I cannot hide that I had hoped you would choose differently. Still, it is what it is. Your destiny is always in your hands and you should never believe anything different." She waves her hand and the tents, hamper, and fire all disappear, leaving you with the light of your spell. Standing, she motions to the path. "After you."


Very well. Onward I suppose. I listen closely for the music I had heard before my rest.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Mercy
post Jun 12 2017, 12:58 PM
Post #2


Runner
******

Group: Members
Posts: 3,233
Joined: 20-March 16
From: Alaska, USA
Member No.: 200,310



Thursday 13 June 2075 1015 You have No Idea Where


As you start out, you do think that you hear the music and, although it is faint at first, it gets louder as you walk forward. You do not recognize the tune, but it does make you feel happy and you find yourself walking a bit faster to get to it.



OOC:

Please use lighter or pastel colors when you write here. The dark ones look great on the white background, but I have trouble reading them against the grey background.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #3


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Sunday 10 June 2075 2300 Pulse Nightclub Seattle
The Pulse is hopping tonight. The smart club is the happening place for many of the idle rich who want the feel of being a bit risky without really taking too many risks. The bodies are all groomed and fit, comprising the beautiful social elite of Seattle. The club's entrance is about a hundred people from the end of the line of young well dressed wannabes vying for some inside. The girls that work the floor taking orders and delivering drinks are reputed to be clean and willing, the best sort of combination. You are already inside, one of the chosen; a permanent private invitation from Grace, the somewhat flamboyant manager of the club. There is talk that she is really the owner but is operating under an assumed name to avoid some trouble. You have been working the crowd for a couple of hours now and your evening's stock of your special brand of happiness is already down to less than a third of what you started with.

You are currently talking with a pair of pretty young things that obviously have more money than sense. They are in the process of buying a couple of hits from you and one is giggling far too much to be sober, but the other is giving you an appraising glance as she hands over a credstick for you to slot for the purchase. As her friend turns away the second one remains.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

The power of the Seductress is strong here as it is everywhere that pleasure and vice intermingle. Doing my part to fuel that is thrilling and I always feel at home in places such as these. The itch to do more has just begun and I ponder what else I might do to please my mistress. Perhaps simply expanding my operations. I'm sure Shelly could find plenty of people looking for cram or some sort of mental booster at the school where she takes night classes and this wouldn't be the first time she has dealt for me. Corbin may have a market with those meatheads at the gym. I will have to talk to them.

Perhaps she will point me toward new and more exotic pleasures. This pretty one however is screaming to be taken advantage of, the unspoken request is plain on her face. Who am I not to accept such a willing sacrifice. I lean forward close enough to smell her, I wet my lips as I whisper to her just loud enough to be heard over the music. Tell me, pet...is there something more you desire?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The young woman standing in front of you is tall and slender. Her long dark brown hair hangs down to the middle of her back and matches her eye color. Her complexion is pale and flawless, perhaps helped a bit by a subtle use of make up. She blinks twice before nodding. "Yes. I want something more. I think that you want something more. That woman I was with wanted more but could not see past the drugs she abuses to grasp it. Can you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

My face changes from a languid smile to pursed lips then finally a blank mask. I glance at her out of the corner of my eyes and sigh. Everyone wants something, but play coy and mysterious with someone else. I'm going to my table. You can come tell me what you want, or you know...not.

What a pathetic power play. It's expected I suppose, women tend to like to pretend to be mysterious, so few actually are. I steeple my fingers and look through the crowd. If she is still watching I meet her gaze, nod and motion with me head for her to come join me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The woman watches you walk away but says nothing to stop you. Once at your table, a waitress swings by, a new girl you think, as you do not remember her face and you have been here long enough to know most of the permanent staff. She asks if you would like a drink and takes your order. While waiting, you look through your steepled fingers and see the slender woman watching you. At your nod, she moves to your table, taking a seat. Leaning forward she places the drugs she has just purchased from you on the table in front of you. "Here, you may have these back. I never use the stuff and have no need for them other than as a means to secure an introduction to you. I did not mean to come off coy or mysterious, but it can be difficult to decide the best manner of approaching someone you wish to do business with. Are you comfortable talking business here or would you prefer a quieter place?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

It should be private enough here, grave is kind enough to her regulars to let us know about the white noise generators she has installed at these tables, I say drawing up my hood to let the trodes connect me to my comlink and use my code to activate the device. I lean back and observe the astral looking for any watchers and sizing up the girls aura and assensing what I can.

It doesn't appear anyone is watching us. What business did you have in mind

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

There are some people interested in you, but it would appear to be a casual thing as the glances, both mundane and astral, wash over and past you without stopping long. There is a touch on your hand as the girl opposite you reaches out with one of hers. Suddenly, your astral eyes are opened a bit. The aura of the girl in front of you changes from that of a normal mundane to something.............else, becoming a rippling mass of almost unformed, seething energy. While you are watching, the undulating mass seems to stretch out tendrils of energy that gently caress the people nearby then retract, returning with something bright and leaving the others a tiny bit weaker, but not enough to be noticeable if you were not seeing it. There is just a hint of something akin to a siren's call in the almost seductive way the energy moves, then the touch of her hand goes away, as does the vision, leaving you a bit breathless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Neat trick. I say coolly. While you've managed to intrigue me, I can't say that your little demonstration has made it any more compelling to work with you. That said I'm still willing to listen to your offer. This person may be some kind of magical threat. I do not stop perceiving astrally, preferring to stay on guard. I cast improved reflexes and sustain it while mentally calling for seductress to advise me. I know I cannot trust to her whims to come at my beck and call, but it can't hurt to ask.

[ Spoiler ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The other woman smiles. "Good. Very good. I would be disappointed indeed if you were to just run away. To business, then. I represent an individual who provides similar services as yourself, but in a different market. We wish to expand and I have been tasked with finding those who might be willing to get in on the ground floor of what could be a big thing. I do not know who your supplier is, but would like to supplement your current flow of pleasure inducing substances and your market share. I am good at enticing others to the right source and can bring you more customers than you currently have. Your profits increase, as do those of the person I represent. Does this interest you at all?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I prefer to control the quality of my product. My rep suffers if quality is not good and I can produce quite a lot more than i can sell. My current bottleneck is chemicals and customers. I am interested though, but i'm afraid i'll need more details. For instance, what product are you referring to?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #4


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

The girl reaches across the table and taps a long, pedicured finger on the packet of pills still in front of you. "This sort of product. You are indeed talented if you are making your own. My partner can provide you with the chemicals and I can help with clients. So, are you interested in expanding with us? I could take you to meet my partner if you are and if it would help make up your mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Sure. I'll meet your guy but it sounds like buying supplies on credit and offering to sell for me. So im not sure how that is going into business together but I will listen to your pitch. Where shall we go to meet this person?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The woman laughs. "A bit paranoid, aren't you? No credit involved if you like us and she likes you. I will let her make the pitch, though. I will take you there now, if you have the time. Here." She slides a credstick across the table to you. "Take this to recompense you for any lost business while we are out. I can give you a lift if you need one."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I take the credstick and pocket it. Paranoid? No, I'm just not seeing your angle. Maybe your business associate can explain it better.

I have my own ride. I'll follow you. I get up to leave then motion that she should go first. After you..



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The girl smiles and rises from the table. She heads for the exit, making a quick stop to talk to the bartender and pass him something. Outside, she heads to the parking lot and climbs into an old beater of a car. You think it is on older model Americar, but it is rusted in places and badly dented. The front bumper has been replaced by some sort of board. She starts up and waits for you to indicate that you are ready. Leaving the lot, it is not hard to follow her as her car does not seem possible to go more than the speed limit and she is careful to signal her turns well in advance. Fortunately, all of the lights seem to be in your favor and you are able to stay close to her without being separated.

Soon enough, it is evident that you are headed to Chinatown. Once at the large arched entrance, she pulls into a lot and parks the car, getting out and waiting for you. "Ready? It is not far. The way can be a bit confusing but it should be alright if you stick close."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

When she parks I pull up next to her astride the Mirage and remove my helmet. I glance at the car then up at her, then back to the car and finally at her again. With a dubious look I get off my bike and shake my head. Your ride doesn't really inspire confidence that there is much profit in your operation. So what do I call you and your...associate?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The girl laughs. "It runs and is not likely to be stolen, and even if it is, it cost me less than a hundred nuyen so is cheap to replace. Profits do not need to be visible. My name is Glinda......I know, do I really look like a Glinda? I think my parents were high on some of the drugs they were using when I was born. My partner is named Sian. And I apologize for the parlor trick back at the club. Would it be too much to ask if you did not mention that to Sian? She does not really approve of that sort of display and I really don't need to get a lecture from her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

While what you say is true, perception can be everything, particularly if you are trying to sell something, there is a time for moderation and a time for opulence. Knowing when to use which is a part of the game.

Or perhaps they know me better than I thought they did, who sees through illusions better than an illusionist. These people may bear some watching.

I suppose I can keep your secret, if you tell me what it was. I have some hypotheses but I'm actually quite curious.

I motion again for her to lead the way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda grimaces and looks to the ground for a second, obviously embarrassed. "I am afraid it was a bit of gratuitous showing off. Something I have been cautioned about in the past and I really don't need to hear all of that again."

She begins walking toward the arched entrance, but swerves off to enter a narrow alley whose entry point seems to be artfully camouflaged to appear as part of the wall to a casual observer. She walks with a comfortable pace, as if she has made the trip many times. There are a number of turns and intersections and you can see how it might be easy to get confused and lost in the maze of passages. Several times you have to step over or around someone laying on the ground and are not sure oif they are dead or simply sleeping off some drink or drug binge. She makes one last turn and the alleyway open out onto a narrow street. Glinda pauses and motions with her arm. The Chinatown Barrens."

You might have dreamt that places like this exist, but the reality is a bit of a shock. The "street" is little more than a wider alley, perhaps about ten feet from side to side. The heady aroma of urine, unwashed bodies, vomit, and incense fills the air, almost causing you to choke. People are walking on the street, going about some sort of life. Others are prone or sitting against walls in various states of unconsciousness. Most of the buildings are shells of what they once were, some so badly in need of repair that you cannot imagine that people live in them, but it seems that is the case. Glinda points down the street and says, "Home is that way. Please be careful where you step."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Showing off can be fun and who knows I might not even be here if it weren't for that display. You are obviously Awakened, what you did did not seem like a spell but neither does it bring to mind any Awakened species, but I am no expert. My instructor never considered that sort of thing to be that important.

I continue to engage in small talk pressing slightly for more information about her ability, but not so hard as to make her feel like I am interrogating her.

Lovely, I say when she makes her declaration and nod at her when she says to watch my step.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:35 PM
Post #5


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

"I was an embarrassment to my family but it does not matter much now as they are all dead. I was awakened to a family and place who did not appreciate such things as magic. I have never studied magic formally, so do not know what is normal for an instructor to cover. We can talk about it at length sometime, if you are interested. I confess to be wary of that at this juncture, due mostly to some poor prior experiences in giving out too much personal information."

As she steps onto the street, Glinda mutters a few words and her clothing changes its appearance to be in sync with the surroundings and waits to see if you do the same. While walking, she gives you some information about the area you are moving through. She points out which of the buildings are businesses and which are residences. Some buildings are both. All of the buildings are very near the ruin stage, although some do show signs of a bit of repair. Most of the people tend to walk on the other side of the street, some even moving across the street as the two of you approach. No one gives you a friendly glance, but some give you an odd look before shaking their heads and turning away.

A large Ork approaches you, apparently not bothered by your presence here. He gives Glinda a slight bow and rumbles some words from a mouth distorted by too many fights. "Sian says to meet her at the market." The Ork gives you what can only be described as a leer. He sniffs loudly, as if to get your scent then leaves without waiting for an answer, disappearing down the street.

Glinda nods to herself and shrugs. "Change of plans. We are going to the market."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I haven't studied it "formally" either, my "spirit guide" taught me things she thought I would need to know is all.

It appears they rule by fear here. It's one thing to be known as a badass, certainly a little notoriety can even be helpful but fear foments unrest. Respect and even love leads to a certain level of devotion one cannot gain from fear alone and for that people must recognize you as a source of personal prosperity. Something obviously lacking here.

Tell me about this place, I say ignoring the Ork. What makes this place so oppressive? Gangs? Corps? Something other-wordly?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

It takes about a half block before Glinda answers you. "Oppressive? yes, I suppose that is an accurate description of this place. It is purely situational, I think. I mean, the poverty is mostly because no one has much of anything. No money, certainly, but no hope, no dreams, no real future either. The dregs of society end up here, and I do not mean just gangers. We have plenty of those, for sure, but they are rarely more than a nuisance and actually provide a good bit of the resources that keeps the people here alive. No, I mean these are the people that lost everything to one cause or another; gambling, drink, drugs, something else. Mostly some combination of those. Many are slaves brought here from mainland China and other Asian countries, people tricked into giving all they have in hope of getting a better life here. Sadly, most end up as sex slaves or laboring for different masters to work off an inflated and usually unreachable debt. Many are descendants of such slaves and so know nowhere else and no different life. It is a circle of despair and misery that just seems to enable itself to go on."

"I have never seen any evidence of any sort of corporation involvement here, but the Triads are all around us. Mostly, though, the big boys are invisible, working through feeder gangs that are allied to one of the major three Triads."

She pauses in her talking for a bit, as if to gather her thoughts. "Sian is.................different. She is wonderful and terrible at the same time. I know that must sound odd, but wait until you meet her. She is generous here, but sometimes generosity is suspect. Some fear her. Some hate her and would rejoice if she left. Some love her and would do anything she asks of them. The last few respect her and try to see what she is doing. I am one of the latter, although there is probably a bit more to it than just saying that. Because I am her associate here, I am tarred with whatever emotion others feel for Sian. She stays here and uses people like me to keep her informed of what is happening outside the Barrens."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

So just bone-crushing poverty then.

A shadow-economy might do wonders here. Black market goods, illicit drug factories, money laundering operations, just a few small projects could have enormous effect here employing a fraction of people in this way could sustain legitimate business and create a positive effect here. If people knew who to thank for that prosperity that could be a very lucrative market. Perhaps I'm getting a glimpse of Glinda and Sian's angle after all. I can't wait to see what this market is like.

I suppose I might enjoy being in the business of hopes and dreams. I can't wait to meet your boss.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda snickers. "That is not normally the emotion most people have when going to meet Sian. Refreshing, perhaps."

Glinda leads you down a couple of side streets that are no wider than the street you had used to enter the Barrens. As you turn a corner, you see that the street opens up ahead, widening to the size of a normal plaza, perhaps seventy feet to a side. It is hard to tell because the outer edges are not straight, being formed of buildings or parts of buildings and the mass of small structures masks the true dimensions. This would be what you might imagine a street market to be, with people clamoring for the goods available and negotiating the purchase price. A common coin would seem to be sex and you can see payments being made in several corners of the market.

Glinda heads directly across the plaza from where you entered, going toward where a woman seems to be standing in a circle of space devoid of others, except for a large Ork that might be the twin of the one you had seen earlier, if not the very same one. Certainly, part of the void of people near her can be explained by the pair of huge Hell hounds that stand to either side of her. They turn massive heads towards you as you approach and you can see the red glow in their eyes and see a bit of fine smoke coming from their nostrils. The person between them can only really be described as a girl. She finishes her transaction with the peddler in front of her and turns to look at you as the Ork reaches to pick up the parcel the merchant hands across. In appearance, she seems to be no more than perhaps fifteen, but she has an air of............................of something not quite defined. Something attracts you yet repels you at the same time. Her clothing is only of slightly better quality than that of the people around her. Glinda walks up to her and takes a position just to her side without saying a word. The teen looks you up and down as if examining you in some fashion. "Hello. My name is Sian. I understand yours to be Lizzie and hope that I may use that. Would you care to walk with me a ways, Lizzie? I want to show you something."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well, that's not something I typically get accused of, being normal, I respond lightly.

I observe her right back and her hounds as well checking astrally to see if they are truly hell hounds and if there is any astral link to Sian. I don't expect Sian to have more than a mundane aura as her associate had clearly demonstrated proficiency with masking.

A pleasure to meet you, I say with a slight bow, it's china town after all I should at least attempt a little traditional etiquette even if my host does not. Lizzie is a handle I use, not my name but I think in this case it is appropriate. Shall I call you Sian then? It would be my pleasure to accompany you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Your astral perception indicates that these are indeed Hell Hounds and that they are powerful in magic. There is no astral link to the girl, who, as you suspected, appears to be mundane. Neither Sian nor Glinda appear to be oriental. Sian returns your bow. "You may indeed call me Sian as it is my only name. I sort of prefer Empress of the Universe, but that is more an aspiration than a reality." That last part was said with a chuckle. She looks at the Ork who simply bows to her and leaves. She then looks back to you and holds out an arm for you to take. "I would like to show you my little project. I hope that you will agree to help me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Just the universe? You should think bigger. I think I like this girl already. I take her arm and indicate my readiness. Lead on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

As you take her arm, she indicates the hounds at her side and says, "You should let them smell you. I would not want our little partnership to end before it really begins." You can feel the heat from the nostrils of both hounds as they sniff at your offered hand. Sian laughs and starts walking, the hounds fan out so that one is walking on her left side and the other at your right. Glinda follows behind you. You get the same reception from people on the street that you experienced when walking with Glinda to get to the market. No one really makes eye contact with you and many make some sort of furtive hand sign as they hurriedly cross the street to avoid her. Or maybe to avoid the hounds, which do seem menacing. You walk a bit and Sian talks to you, providing a bit of knowledge of the area you are passing through, much like Glinda had done.

Finally, you reach an area that is......................different. At first it is difficult to say what is different, but then it hits you. The people do not seem to be avoiding you. They do not cross the street to come closer, but they neither cross the street to go past you. Most still make some sort of sign with their hand, but some actually make a very slight bow. You also note that most of the people seem to be a bit better fed and dressed than the norm. You pass a band of four large Orks led by a massive Troll. This group gives the rough appearance of a KE patrol, but they do not bother anyone, even moving aside for an elderly woman using a cane. The buildings are in slightly better repair. Certainly, the differences are mere, but they are differences. Sian stops in a small plaza that seems to mirror the one you had left a few minutes earlier. The biggest differences here seem to be the varied types and quantities of goods and the fact that the people are paying with some sort of scrip other than sex. Sian waves a hand in front of her and turns to you. "My own portion of what I hope is paradise some day. Look about you. I imagine that a smart girl like you can see the differences between this place and the last. It is small, but growing and I need help making it grow. I use money we get from outside sales of drugs and..................other things.............to fund this. It is slow going, but some people are seeing a slight improvement in their lives. It is a sad reflection that I use horrible things like drugs to help the helpless and hopeless. I would that it were otherwise, but I cannot just wave a hand and make it all better. I offer jobs and productivity in exchange for a wage that can be used locally to purchase food and materials that are not available elsewhere down here except to those who hold the power. I am talking of the crime lords that rule this Barrens with a fist of iron." The young girl turns to look at you and you can see a strange sort of glow in her eyes as she talks. "I have found a soul mate in Glinda. Is there a chance that we have found another in you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

We do appear to have similar goals and methods if that makes us kindred spirits, I'm not so sure. My question is what do you want from me and how can we mutually benefit from that? As I understand it you want me to cook for you and you can increase my distribution. You want me to sell you drugs at wholesale or are we partners in your schemes here? I mean what's your business model look like. I mostly deal in cram, bliss and eX but I can make pretty much anything with the right compounds. I could even set up a lab here with full time cooks that I could oversee for you. These other things would take a much more significant investment from you but I think we can do business, we just need to iron out the specifics neh?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #6


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

"I do like your style. The drugs produced at the lab here are pretty much of the quality used here in the Barrens. By that I mean low, so as to be affordable. Unfortunately, the most common form of payment in the Barrens is in kind; labor, material, and most often sex. This does not really provide me with the sort of money I need to make my program really succeed. I would like to branch out and sell to the greater metropolis outside this district, but that means I need a better quality product and a distribution system. Glinda has been searching for the right person to help us and we have decided to ask you if you are interested. My vision would have you set up a drug lab to produce a quality product. Once you have that working, you would take deliveries of your drugs and sell them. Glinda would help by steering customers your way, customers that pay in cash money that we can use here to keep making the small improvements you see around you. Now, I know that you are a businesswoman, not a philanthropist, so what sort of remuneration would entice you to partner with us?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well typical distribution models, what I do for the gang in my area for instance, is I sell the product at 80% of market value and you keep the profits. If you want to set up a lab here with your chemicals and labor that I oversee I would be willing to sell it at 60% instead and your sellers could keep the 40% and your cut of that 40% would be up to you and could be used to fund the lab and your little community improvement project. It will also in turn provide a source of income for the workers which in turn would increase the prosperity here as they would then also have disposable income, in a nice little feedback loop of capitalism. This model only works well if you have a reasonable distribution network however. I can easily over-produce my current needs with the set up I have now. Also your initial investment would not be insignificant, the facility alone will run 50k to equip, but luckily the chemicals needed for basic pharmaceutical grade compounds are relatively cheap. You want something exotic or custom made well we can cross that bridge if we come to it.

Also I have one rule...You do not cut my product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian turns to look at you, silent for a few moments as she takes in what you have said. Finally, she nods. "So I understand that if you make the product and I supply additional customers to you, you will keep 80% and I will get 20%, but that if I use a lab here to make the product, you will only keep 60%? If that is correct, I can go for the second option and build a lab here. However, that will take time and I would need to work out how to get this done down here. Can you provide me a list of equipment that you would need and would you be willing to train people to do the work? In the meantime, we can proceed with the first option. I will provide you with more customers for the product you currently sell. Glinda will work closely with you on that. You would not mind working with her, I hope?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Basically. Think of it like an army or a pyramid scheme. We are the generals. I have people under me, you have people under you. My people sell for me your people sell for you. I'm not selling individual doses to your people I'm selling 100 doses. Or maybe that guy has 5 people selling for him so he buys 500 doses and keeps a cut as he gives them each 100 doses to sell. Layers of management and a system of distribution emerge. I only sell at clubs to increase my base there, eventually someone will take over selling there. What do you want to sell?

I write up a list of the items needed for a chemistry facility, then a second list of the chemicals needed for production and send them to Glindas link.

The first list is the equipment needed the second list contains the chemicals needed to begin production, on the popular ones like cram bliss and ex. I will need a portion of those in advance to get started on your initial order. If you want other stuff I will need other things, though there is a crossover. I can do BADs but that will maybe double your costs unless you wanted to do something basic like deepweed.

Training won't be an issue, the assistants will just be doing the grunt work and prep. If you have any talent I might apprentice them.


Oh, and do your friends have names? I say indicating the hellhounds.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian shrugs. "As for what we sell and how, I am pretty much in your hands. You will be our general in charge of that and can organize as you see best. The same with what we sell. The same with what we sell. You have much more experience in that area than I do and I would defer to your judgement."

Glinda receives your list and nods before looking over at Sian, who says, "Thank you. We will get to work on these lists. We do have people here that can make some of these. Would you like to see the facility we use? It is not much and would hardly qualify as your lab, but it is good enough for what is commonly used down here." At your question, Sian kneels between the Hell Hounds, ruffing the inky fur of one then the other. "These lovelies are my constant companions and have been with me a long time. This one is Darius and this one Vilna."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

What you sell depends on your clientele. The clubs people tend to want bliss and eX, maybe cram, students will want cram and cereprax, muscle heads will want steroids or ripper. I'll hook you up with bliss, eX and cram and if you want others let me know. Of course if you intend to enhance you goons there's always Woad and K-10 but that stuff is nasty and I wouldn't suggest it except for extreme measure.

No offense but I prefer to use my own set up and I have work space where I cook. If you have the chemicals on hand I will be happy to take those to get started. Would you like to place an order to get you started?

I kneel down in front of the hounds Hello Darius, hello Vilna. Will they allow me to pet them? Paraspecieis are fascinating.

(If allowed) I pet them briskly with a few who's a good boy/girl's then stand and say Unless there is something more, I will pick up those chemicals and get started on your order.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

You are allowed to pet them. The hair is surprisingly soft and their blood-red eyes watch you. Sian stands and the interview seems to be over. "Very well. Glinda will take you to get the chemicals and will show you the way out of here. Thank you for wanting to help and I am sure that we will do good business together." Sian nods to you and walks off, a massive hound to either side of her. Seeing her walk away, you are reminded of the incongruity of the conversation you have just had with a teenaged girl who walks with Hell Hounds.

Glinda makes a noise and you turn to look at her smiling face. She motions for you to come with you and takes you to a small building on the edge of the plaza. Inside you find two skinny girls and a boy, all Chinese, working in a very rudimentary drug lab. They are taking the most basic precautions to avoid exposure to the drugs, but that is about it. Glinda gets you some supplies. "I can get you more when you need it. We will be working closely together over this. Personally, I am glad that you have said you will work with us. Are you ready to return to civilization or do you want to see more of this place?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I turn to Glinda with a huge grin, and giggle I just pet hell hounds. The wonder of the sixth world almost makes up for all the other shit.

After gathering the supplies and seeing the lab I shake my head. I hope you don't treat all your assets like this. How many people have you killed or gotten sick in there? There will be strict safety protocols at the lab. I won't tolerate that kind of sloppiness in a facility I run, I hope you understand that.

Yeah get me back to my bike. You got a map soft for this place or am I going to need an escort every time I come here? Did you want to place an order or should I just cook up 100 doses or each to start with?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda nods at your comments about safety. "Yes. We do the best we can with what we have, mind you, but our knowledge is pretty skimpy. To my knowledge, no working here has ever gotten sick from the dust, but we will accept any of your recommendations and do our best to put them into practice. Here, let me help you carry some of that."

She helps carry some of the supplies out of the building and motions for you to walk with her. "I am afraid a mapsoft will not do much good down here. You must not have tried much with your 'link or you would have seen that the matrix connections are very weak and almost non-existent most of the time. I would recommend contacting me for an escort when you want to come down, at least until you get more used to the way. And the people. Right now you are an outsider. Suspect. Of course, being with me or Sian does not really earn you a lot of points down here, either. Some things just never change." That last bit had been said in a very low voice, almost as if more to herself than to you.

Indeed, as you leave the area of the second plaza, you notice that the people you pass still avoid you. Some even go inside buildings if that is the only way to keep out of your path. "I think you do not really understand how little access to the outer city we have. I do not have other sellers to take your product and pass it on. Not yet, anyway. My plan for now is to bring you clients. You make your product and tell me where you will be and I will guide people to you. Is that satisfactory?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Why don't you just sell it yourself? I will front you 100 doses of each since you supplied the chems I can do you this solid as a good will gesture for our future enterprise When you need more you give me my cut and I'll set you up with another hundred doses. Unless you are sending people to buy from me in bulk this is just going to waste my time. I'm trying to spend less time slinging and more time cooking. The whole idea is to widen distribution right?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #7


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

For the first time since you met her, Glinda looks a bit.................uncertain, and maybe a bit vulnerable. She licks her lips and hesitates before answering. "Yes. I can do it that way. It's just that I have, well, never really been out on my own like this. Sian told me I need to experience some life outside the Barrens and gave me some tasks, most of which I accomplished when I found you. I had not really thought out the next step. But sure, I can try that. I should be able to sell as easily as guiding people to you. Sure. When can you get me my first lot?" The young woman actually sounds a bit like she is trying to convince herself.

Once back through the maze of alleys, she walks to where the two of you had parked and helps put the packages in your car. "So, what is the next step?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I will cook you up 100 doses of cram bliss and ex the street on that is 9k, remember this pharmaceutical grade. When you want more you 7200 pay me. Or we can go with a specific type if one sells faster. We'll work that way until you set up a distribution network or can afford to pay me back and start taking bigger orders. This stuff can proba ly sell a little higher than the normal prices since pharma is harder to get ahold of. the product basically sells itself you just need to watch out for the law. I can cook your first batch tonight. I'll give you a call when its ready.

If you're worried you can hang with me tomorrow while I deal and see how it's done.

Shelly, Corbin, meet me at my place. I have some business opportunities for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

It almost seems as if some sort of veil passes over her face and she straightens up a bit. When she speaks, she is a bit more confident. "Right. Call me when you have the first batch ready and I will meet you to pick it up. Anything more for tonight?"

>>Got it. We'ii be there.<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

That...is entirely up to you pet, I say with a near predatory look in my eyes. Our business is concluded but there's always time for pleasure, if you are interested.

Whether she comes with or not I head home. Home is the top floor of an apartment building in a nice part of the Redmond Barrens (If any part can be called nice that is). Shelly, Corbin and I have taken over the entire third floor between our apartments and my work space. We have also started a garden on the roof. The local gang guards the place; they know who their sugar daddy is, so it's relatively safe. My apartment is also my lodge, art as well as occult symbols decorate the walls in a tribute to indulgence. Corbin and Shelly are here entertaining themselves, we each have free reign of the apartments though typically they congregate here unless entertaining privately.

Ohayo chums. I have good news. We've got some new partners! They have provided some chemicals so that I can increase production. You guys should check out your individual haunts and see if you have a market and you can start selling again...if you want. Other than that how have you been doing? I will also introduce Glinda if she came with.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda looks at you for a moment then smiles and nods. "Yeeees. Pleasure. I could do with a bit of that, if you are really interested, and I do not mean the drugs we are peddling."

Her heap has changed a bit to something a bit more acceptable to you, exposing much less rust, but still something few real thieves would want to steal. Glinda goes over to it and climbs in, following you to your apartment. When you get out of your car, you notice that her clothes have changed yet again to be completely suitable for this part of the Barrens. Corbin and Shelly are both waiting for you and seem not at all fazed by the new person. They are both is a state of near undress, with Corbin lounging in pajama bottoms and Shelly wearing a robe that is just barely clinging together. They nod as you make the introductions and Corbin rises to come kiss Glinda's hand. Both of them give you a somewhat quizzical look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

[ Spoiler ]

Glinda these are my very good friends, Shelly and Corbin. Glinda has provided us access to more of the supplies I needed to increase production and is going to be selling with us. I hang my coat and bracers on the coat rack in the corner. Are you two going to speak or just look at me weird? This isn't the first time I've brought home a "friend".

After the introductions I unload the chemicals and show Glinda around the work space. This is where the magic happens. Literally sometimes when I'm doing alchemy, I don't have any good formulas for that yet but I hope to utilize chemistry and alchemy together in new and exciting ways some day, Would you like a drink I have a very tasty aqua vitae I've created, has a nice ginger flavor, or I have beer.

I show Glinda around the lodge I stop at a piece of art to talk about it, placing a hand on her hip and drawing her next to me, explaining the feelings the piece evokes. I release her as I move to another area drawing my fingers lightly across her back as I move away. As I show her the altar I squeeze her shoulder gently, I continue touching and teasing as I finish showing her around ending at the only unopened door in the apartment. ...and that is the bedroom, I say looking into her eyes. We can explore that a bit later if you'd like.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Monday 11 June 2075 0330 Lizzie's Apartment Seattle

Shelly laughs. "I was just admiring the view, dear. It has been a while since you brought such an interesting friend home. Corbin nods in agreement. "Much superior to your normal tastes.

Glinda blushes and seems grateful to be taken on the tour. She makes no effort to move away as you touch and tease her, even returning some of the touches. When you stop at the bedroom, she turns to you. "I am very impressed. Sian will be impressed. You are perfect for what we want here. Do your friends come with you or what? And their familiarity implies a certain closeness with each other and you, perhaps? I would like very much to see the bedroom when you want to show it to me, but I do not want to impose if you have other plans?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

They come with me in as far as we are a family and all that might entail. They are not part of our deal however they are not chess pieces or bargaining chips. They work for me and work with those I work with...if they want, nothing more.

But enough of business. Relax, have fun, there is much to entertain yourself with here and anticipation whets the appetite.

I move toward her slowly We could watch some trid, I say taking her hands. Listen to some music? Closer still looking deep into her eyes. Grab a ...snack. pressing her gently against the wall. Engage in some light, petting. I press my body against hers and steal a kiss. Abruptly I break contacts and turn away from her and take two steps toward the couch. I look back over my should at her and hold out my hand. Whatever you wish.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

She smiles as you go through your bit of increasing the sexual tension, willingly letting you take the kiss and touch her body. Her breathing quickens and her body reacts to your touch in a manner that tells you she is interested and aroused. When you look back over your shoulder, her eyes are alight with an intensity that you are not sure you have seen before in others and you are drawn back a half step towards her before she shakes her head and smiles. She walks to you and takes your hand. "I want it all, just as you said. I have too long been in that cesspool of humanity and am feeling free, which probably make me sound silly or pathetic. Perhaps even both."

Accompanying you to the couch, she smiles at Shelly and Corbin and motions for them to join you on the couch, as it is big enough for four.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

No, it makes you sound normal. Everyone needs to have fun, everyone needs a release, I say drawing her to the couch.

When she nods to Shelly and Corbin, I raise my eyebrows. Feeling adventurous are we? Shall we do body shots? I must say Corbin has exquisite abs. I draw my fingers along the line of his muscles.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:36 PM
Post #8


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda has a pretty laugh and gives one now. "Yes. I would like to have fun. Remember, though, that I am somewhat new to this sort of thing." She blushes a bit. "Well, not to sex, of course, but to this sort of adventure. And I am only basically familiar with body shots, but willing to experiment." Her eyes follow your finger as it strokes Corbin's bare abdomen. Her breathing is a bit ragged and you can see her nipples poking against the material of her blouse in a sign of arousal. Shelly giggles a bit and leans forward to place a hand on Glinda's knee, allowing her robe to gap a bit more and exposing quite a bit of her cleavage.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Then I shall demonstrate. Corbin... I lay him down on the table and pour a shot of the vitae onto his abs, while he flexes to make a shallow pool for it to gather. I slurp it up and suck on a lemon wedge to cut the the bite of the distilled ginger. See? Easy. You try.

Again I pour and hold the lemon for Glinda, then Shelly gets a turn. I take a swig of the vitae and pass it to Corbin with a kiss and stick a wedge in his mouth.

I pour Glinda a second shot but this time the lemon is in my lips and offer it to her as she comes up from her drink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda hesitates for only a second then takes the lemon slice from your lips, allowing her lips to contact yours. Her tongue plays about your lips before she sucks the wedge from them. Shelly call next turn and removes the robe before laying on the table. Glinda's eyes roam over the taut body of your friend and she smiles as you pour the liquid into Shelly's navel. The new girls takes her time sucking the vitae from Shelly then takes her time again taking the lemon wedge from her mouth. Corbin runs a hand along Glinda's flank, receiving a sound almost like a purr from her in response. He looks at you and winks. "We may have found a new playmate."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I pull Glinda to me, cradling her with my strong arm and my other on her stomach. I lean in for a kiss, teasing at first, noses brushing my parted lips inches from hers feinting with her as I caress her stomach slipping my hand inside her blouse. As our lips meet my tongue darts and seeks a playmate and I cup her breast and run my thumb over her hardened nipples.

I take pull back and take a breath. Well Glinda...do you like how we play?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda's body responds to your touch in a way that leaves you no doubts that she is aroused. When you pull back, she takes a deep breath and nods. "I do. Very much. It is all so very different. But it is VERY arousing. Will all of us be playing?"

Shelly sits up from where she is laying on the table and reaches out to begin unbuttoning Glinda's blouse. "I hope so. But I seem to be the only one here without any clothes on. Let's see what we can do about that condition, eh?"

Corbin silently nods and slips his pajama bottoms off, revealing that he, too, is aroused then joins in helping Shelly while looking over at you. For her part, Glinda shivers as the other two run their hands over her body and strip her of her clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I watch for a bit as they stroke and kiss each other. Oh my, Glinda you are so very greedy, I say playfully. You said you want it all and you know what I am capable of. Would you like a little magical stimulus, or would that make you uncomfortable?

I will use magic if she requests otherwise I undress and join in our little impromptu orgy. I loose myself on the three of them both attending to their desires and demanding they fulfill mine until sated.

Afterwards after a few moments of resting entwined together I extricate myself and open my sight to the astral and begin gathering reagents. I expect after that they should be rather potent.

Once complete I go to my workshop put on the chemsuit gasmask heavy apron and gloves and begin cooking.


[ Spoiler ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda nods and smiles as you call her her greedy, already returning the caresses from the other two people. She laughs as she replies. "Magic? I do not mind a bit of magic as long as it helps. It is up to you if you want to use it."

Your euphoria spell seems to have a great effect, almost as if you were receiving aid or inspiration or whatever, and everyone gets deeply into the process of pleasuring all of the partners. You cannot actually remember when you have enjoyed a sexual encounter so much or experienced as great a degree of sexual release. Recovery afterwards takes longer than normal and it seems to be the same for the others, too. As you wander the astral, you do indeed notice that the "ritual" has improved the quality of the reagents you can gather.

As you begin cooking a batch of your drugs, you have to force yourself to keep focused on what you are doing. Part of you wants to go back out to the living room and see if the others are awake and ready to continue the action.

[ Spoiler ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I open my sight to the astral during a pause in the cooking process and say I take it you approve? I could feel your call to action but are you so powerful as to have set all this in motion. I threw caution to the wind because it felt like you were telling me to do so and the rewards seem great but I know very little about this organization or its enemies. I forsee danger ahead and would have you teach me what you think I should know for these trials. I need a formula for healing alchemy, and perhaps something else that you might think I need.

I can only see the Seductress' lower half of her face smiling at me the rest of her concealed by shadow a tantalizing outline that suggests more to the imagination than anything real could offer.

I only think of immediate need. I will focus on becoming more powerful after that. Perhaps you could lead me to a magical group of like minded fellows. I chuckle, or weak minded fellows.

I lean back against the one of the counters keeping an eye on the boiling concoction in front of me and another on my mistress. There are so many things I want, I barely know where to begin.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The part of the Seductress' face that you can see laughs. "In this case, I do not approve or disapprove, as that is not in my nature. You are taking steps that will put you in either conflict with or working with things and realms I have little control over. You many choose to remain in the place and at the power you are and go through life as you have been, but I think that your ambition drives you to something else. Something powerful and perhaps controlling. If this is so, I have already provided you with a link to a group of like-minded individuals. What you do with that link is completely up to you. Such is the nature of your kind; that you have such a range of free will. I will consider your requests, but some things are available for you to grasp, if you are careful and if you are willing to pay the price."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I'm willing to pay so long as the juice is worth the squeeze, as I always have.

After the chemistry is done we let the mixtures set. Next will come the grinding, sifting, straining, measuring and encapsulating which is just grunt work. While waiting on this I go out to my alter pausing to scratch the heads of my lovelies, old and new, lightly and wink at them if they look up from their rest. I scratch absently at the alter tracing the grain of the dark gray marble, opening my mind to symbolism that might connect to the spell from esoteric to material. I continue to do so until I have arrived at a conclusion or time to get to the grunt work of putting together this last batch of medicines.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #9


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

When you enter the room with the others, you note that Glinda is not in the body mix, but you do hear a shower running. Moving to the altar, you run your hands across is and consider your words with the Seductress, barely noticing when Glinda pads into the room. She is wearing a blouse that is mostly unbuttoned and barely conceals anything below the waist. As she walks towards you, you notice that her movements are particularly alluring and seductive, almost mesmerizing. She comes up to you and kisses you before she speaks, her tongue seeking yours before she backs off a foot or so. "You have been a busy girl this morning. I am afraid that we wore Shelly and Corbin out. What are you doing, if it is not too impertinent to ask?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I am... planning for the future. I'm not so naive to think that allying myself with Sian will have no repercussions for me and we are playing a dangerous game. I am preparing myself but I would know more about my allies... and my enemies. I glance at her out of the corner of my eye. I hope you will be more willing to discuss things sooner rather than later. Expanding territory is a dangerous business, in the barrens dealing with the gangs is one thing. The mafia and the Vory are the main players here, but they tend to stick to their own neighborhoods and I'm familiar with where I can expand into and where I can't. Dealing with you and upsetting the status quo in the chinatown barrens, might bring down...what, the triads on us? Where are you setting up shop, who are you stealing customers from. My position for now is safe but once you build the facility, that's a game changer and I don't like playing a game I can't use the rules to my advantage.

I'm going to need power and I'm going to needs lots of it, and likely sooner than later. I'm going to have to expand here and tie other gangs to me as well. We are going to need muscle, guns... information. You know any private armies for sale?

Hmm...that thing you did... I turn to look at her. You took something from those people. It weakened them. You will not use that on Shelly and Corbin, is that understood? I don't care if it's temporary or even beneficial, but until I know exactly what it is and they understand as well, it will not be tolerated.

Friends are not a weakness, I whisper, more to myself than anyone listening.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda looks at you without saying anything for a couple of minutes; long enough for you to wonder if she is going to say anything. "Are you disappointed that I helped you with the euphoria? I assumed that the others were already into sharing that sort of experience with you and would not mind. The other thing, at the club, you mean? Alright, I will agree to not use that on any of the three of you. I do have several variations of that, most of which are painless, but all take something from others. I can use it to redistribute what I took to others as well, so it does have a beneficial effect. And I have never found friends to be a weakness, although I have known precious few people I would call friends."

"How fast are you planning on expanding, Lizzie? The way she said your name sends shivers down your spine at how seductive it is, as if just saying your name means something special. "Too fast too soon is dangerous, don't you think. Without the infrastructure to build on, you are at risk of being unprepared for success as well as for others to try to take what you have. I would think that a slower, better planned, approach would have a greater chance to succeed. If you want something quick, you will need men, weapons, and money................lots of all three. Sian and I cannot help much with any of that from where we work. There are soldiers in the Chinatown Barrens that would be willing to work for you, perhaps even at a good cost. But once they got out into the city, they would find out what they are really worth and their fees would increase. Slow and steady buildup of a good war chest and planning for an expansion is better, to my way of thinking. We can expand a bit and still remain under the notice of the big boys. Perhaps you could refine the procedure and go to another gang and offer to distribute to them at a better rate than what they get now., then move in and take them over after you know what is going on. I imagine that running a gang is far different from being a solo act, and that running a major syndicate is even more different. And much more complicated. Think on that."

"As to me on a personal level? What do you want to know? I might tell you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

The euphoria was you then? I thought that might be the case but I wasn't sure and I'm not concerned about them experiencing that. I usually ask first, at least with anyone I respect. I was referring to the club, you said you didn't know me well enough to tell me what it was before and you wouldn't tell me much about Sian except in the vaguest sense.

That wasn't really meant for you. My friends are...special to me and I love them dearly, but I fear for their safety, more so than my own at times, at least I've chosen to be where I am, and sometimes I feel that is a weakness. I'm afraid I will draw them into something and I can't tell them to stay out of it because they would never consider it. I look over at them a half smile on my face

I shake my head. I've been scouting out neighborhoods next to us for a while now they aren't affiliated and they are cooking their own craptastic quality street meth and sitting here staring at my altar I think I may even know a way to tie them to me, I say fingers drumming across the tooled and polished surface. Though the chances of my idea working out are rather low it could work as a long term con.

Other than that my rate of expansion will be mainly based on the profits from your endeavors since it is your area that I'm worried about drawing the wrong kind of attention to. That notice at this juncture is basically nothing to me until you get your facility up and running, once that happens things will change very quickly. For instance, did you know in the few hours I've been in there I've already cooked up the batch of chems for you, restocked my supplies for tonight including samples for the neighbors and have enough to get Shelly and Corbin started? Granted I still need to do the grunt work, but with a facility and people trained to do the grunt work do you realize how much product we can make in a single day? We aren't talking doses anymore, we aren't even talking ounces. We are talking pounds of pharmaceutical grade drugs...daily. That kind of production, is going to seriously piss off some people and I have no idea who I'm working with.

I need to know who you guys are and what you can bring to bear. I understand your desire for caution. I get it. But I've got people on the line too and if lack of intel puts them in danger I will cut the legs out of this faster than you can blink. Clearly you and Sian have some magic, formally educated or not it's clearly advanced. Why don't you start by just telling me what you think you can trust me with thus far. Maybe I'll tell you some of my secrets too. We've got another hour before I go back in and finish up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda looks at you with somber eyes then smiles. "You have a point. I will tell you a bit about me if you really want to know, but I need you to realize that once this is out between us it cannot go back in the box. Are you sure it is important enough for you to know?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

After all that, do you really think I'm going to back off now? I think you might be surprised at what I can accept and what I can't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda smiles, but it does not seem to be a truly happy smile. She reaches out and puts her hands on your temples and closes her eyes. Suddenly, your mind is filled with a series of pictures, snippets in time as it were.

Videos pass through your mind of a young girl living in a city of block houses, the style of dress is very foreign to you, as is the architecture. The girl is very young, perhaps six or seven, and playing on a street in front of what looks like a stone building. An older woman comes from inside and motions for the girl to come in.

The girl is a bit older, but somehow you know she is the same one from the street. She is standing at a fire and looking on as the older woman stirs a large pot and adds ingredients. The girl is sent to fetch another tray of ingredients and you can see it is filled with herbs and what appears to be meats of different kinds. The older woman seems to be giving instructions as the girl places small amounts of some of the ingredients in the pot, causing it to bubble and steam.

The girl is now about nineteen and working in the room in front of the fire. She is setting aside ingredients from different pots that look like clay when a shadow indicates that someone has entered the room from behind her. She looks around and you can see a young girl of about fifteen approaching her. The second girl closely resembles Sian in her features.

The two girls are apparently close friends, now living in a degree of luxury far above what the older girl had been living in. Large rooms and servants could indicate that this is a mansion of sorts, and the deference paid to the younger girl might lead you to believe that she is the mistress of the house. At times you see two huge mastiffs at the side of the younger girl.

The two girls have become lovers, but they share more than just themselves. A series of videos shows them cavorting with other partners, sometimes parties of naked people moving from person to person. You still cannot identify the location but the style of dress clearly indicates that it is not Seattle.

The older girl is sick. She is pale and bedridden and an older man is standing at the side of the bed talking to the younger girl and shaking his head. After he leaves, the girl sends the other servants away and crawls into the bed of the sick girl. She kisses her on the lips, which brings a smile to the older girl's face, then buries her face in the girl's neck. The expression on the sick girl's face goes from startled to fearful to one of peace. When Sian lifts her head form the other girl's neck you see blood around the mouth and tears on her face.

Both girls are running through the streets of the city. Sian points out a man slumped over in an alley and the older girl moves to it and sinks her face to the man's neck, causing him to flop about in ever decreasing movements until he stops moving at all.

The pictures stop as Glinda removes her hands from your head and steps back. "I think that is enough to get the idea across. More might be too much. Frag, what I have just shared might be too much. So, is this where you go grab a stick and try to kill me with it or is this where you say you will work with me and keep my secret?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I nod. Yeah, I can't say I'm surprised to be honest. I've suspected since the club. I have questions... but not here. Let's go into my bedroom. I lead her into the bedroom then close and lock the door. I take a seat on the bed and pat the spot next to me. After she takes a seat I continue the conversation quietly.

So, vampire then? I actually know a bit about HMHVV Corbin Shelly and I had a run in with ghouls when we were younger. They were monsters, hunted us for months, killed friends right in front of us, held us in cages. They would have killed us had I not Awakened when I did. So you don't mention this to them they not see the difference. I do not like keeping secrets from them but I will guarantee it stays between us, if I decide to tell them.

Do you have a blood lust like they did? Do you have to kill when you feed? Like does the blood have to be fresh or could you survive off of donated blood for instance? Is it just you and Sian or are there other? Well of course there are others...I mean like in your group.

Wait... sorry, I'm babbling... like I said I have questions but first let's separate fact from fiction. This is an Awakened virus right? We just exchanged bodily fluids, are we infected or is there more to it than that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda laughs softly. "I am pretty sure that I am not an HMHVV vampire, or if I am, it is a far different strain. I was born in 327 A.D. in a country far from here. I did have a blood lust when I was first reborn. That lasted years, but over time I have grown to be able to control that. I still need blood, but can get it from various sources. Straight from the body is still the best and a little can go a long way, but I can also use blood from blood banks if it is not too old, and dealing with street clinics has proven to be a good source of blood. The fresher, the better and the less I need. I prefer to feed without killing. I can eat normal food and can even drink some alcohol, but my real nourishment is blood."

"I cannot infect you with what I have through sex. That seems to be a particular side effect of the current HMHVV strain. For me to turn you, I would need to drain you of your blood and then help you with a rebirth. It is a very painful procedure to begin with, but the ending is pure ecstasy, just before dying. The rebirth is absolutely horrid and I have heard that most new vampires do not survive the first few days. As for us, we try to keep our group very small. There were two others long ago, but our male partner was killed and our younger sister left us. There are others besides us, but I have not seen any of them for several centuries, although I have heard a rumor of one like us in Denver and another in New Orleans."

She puts a hand out and runs a finger down your side. "You have not immediately drawn away, which is promising. Do you have other questions?"



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Why would I...Clearly you do not intend to harm me or my friends. If you meant to do that you have had a hundred better opportunities than in my lodge where I am the most dangerous.

Your skills with magic, are they vampiric or are they learned? Are you two part of an initiatory group for instance? Can you explain more of what you did at the club?

I'm sure I will have more questions but I need to process this information. Like I said, you might be surprised at what I can accept. I am not afraid of you but I've been wary from the start, this has gone a long way to putting my mind at ease.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #10


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

"Part of my magic comes from being a vampire, yes, but much is just from learning the old fashioned way. I suppose that we could be part of an initiation circle, but why, are you in need of one?"

"Hmmmm. The club, yes. I am still sorry that I was showing off. I was siphoning some of the energy away from people. This has two major effects; first, it temporarily gives me their energy, and second, it makes them easier to control, more susceptible to my suggestions. Suggestions like "come buy drugs from this woman". Without training, it can be a very dangerous spell, as it is possible to take more and more energy until they.........well..........until they die.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

If it were only about what I need, I wouldn't have taken the deal from you. There are things I want and magic is a very large part of that. Finding like minded sorts is always a challenge. I figured Corbin and I could offer to teach the gangers who had the talent, but that is a pipe dream at the moment.

I won't jump into anything at this moment. But so far you two seem to fit the criteria. What sort of tradition do you follow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda looks a bit confused. [color-blue]"Tradition? I am not sure that I follow you. What do you mean by that?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

[ Spoiler ]

Like Hermeticism, Shamanism, Voodoo, Islamic, Theurgy. What sort of symbolism do you use for your magic?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda still looks puzzled. "I am afraid I still do not understand. I am afraid that I do not use symbolism. I just reach out and grasp the strands of magic that exist everywhere and mold them to my needs. Here, let me show you. Can you see the astral? I can meet you there." The woman looks at you and waits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I begin to astrally perceive curious as to what glinda has to show me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

When you peer into the astral, you see Glinda waiting for you. She smiles and holds out her arms and moves them about, then offers you her right arm. "Welcome. Will you walk with me a bit? Please try to hold on to some part of me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I take a seat and project fully. I grab my weapon focus and take her hand. Okay then. Are we going somewhere?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda nods. "Yes. We should be back before your.....our.....friends wake." She begins walking and the two of you eat up the distance, finally coming to a stop at the edge of a swirling...............something. For the sake of reference, it looks sort of like a pool of water, mostly because it is a deep blue in color. Glinda points to the pool from a short distance away and says, "This is about as close as we should go, I would think. That pool is a node of power. They exist all over the astral. Some are very small, like this one, and a few are very large. I have seen a few that are only a couple of feet across. These are the centers of magic power. I am going to let go of your hand for a few seconds, so please do not wander closer to the node."

She drops your hand and her clothing changes several times over the space of about a minute. Then she holds out a hand for you to take and does it again. The last time, you notice something odd; a small tentacle of blue erupts from the pond in front of you and moves very quickly to Glinda. The effect is almost as if there is a glowing blue cord attached to her. After she finishes the change, the cord flows back to the pool. Glinda looks at you and smiles. "That is my symbolism, my source of magic. I can take hold of and manipulate the strands of power to fuel my spells. That is why I do not really understand your terms about traditions. But I would like to learn if you would teach me. If there is one thing I have learned in my long life since I was reborn, it is that I know very little about so many things and would like to learn more. Do you think that you could teach me?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I'm not much of a teacher, but I'll explain what I know. Mechanically what you do isn't really any different from what we all do. Traditions are more about how you approach you magic, to an outside observer there is functionally no real difference from what you do and what I do. It has more to do with how you understand your connection with the magic and how you visualize it taking shape. Hermetics see magic as a science. Certain arcane symbols and strict formulae are how they achieve their desired effects. For others it is prayers and catechisms. I express through art and force of personality, and emotion, similar to shamanism but I focus more on gratuity and pleasure, more of a sensuous art than a spiritual frenzy.

When you grab the strands what do you visualize? How do you tell the mana what to do? Do you demand it to fulfill your desire. Do you bargain with it? Funnel it through a specific pattern you visualize...?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #11


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda laughs and shakes her head. "Can you believe that I am still learning how to use it? Basically, I manipulate the power to do what I wish, but there are some laws that must be obeyed. It might appear that I have control over what I do, but that is an illusion in itself. Manipulating power is inherently risky and bad things can happen if I try to do too much because power apparently does not like being manipulated and will try to subvert my desire. I could tell stories of my early days and trying even the most basic of spells, but we can do that another time." She gets a sort of faraway look in her eyes as she continues. "The power is addictive and we could be absorbed into it if we are not strong. It preys on the mind, tempting me to just walk into one of the pools and let myself become part of it. No more worries, no more regrets, and believe me, I have lots to regret. Anyway,, let me get you back to the astral plane so that we can get back to our bodies. Do you have any questions before we leave?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Wait...This isn't the Astral Plane? Where are we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda chuckles. "No, dear, we are not on the astral plane. The astral is like a gateway to other planes and other places. This is a realm of power, the place where I draw my magic from. It is inherently much more dangerous that the astral plane. I am doing my best to shield you from its draw and am feeling a bit tired, which means we have stayed here long enough."

She turns to walk away and leads you some distance before she lets go of your hand. "Here we are. You go first so I know that you have not been called back there and I will follow in a few seconds." Her voice seems to take on a bit of................something................that disturbs you. Her shoulders sag just a bit and her eyes again have that far away look in them as she takes a step back along the path.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

No. I say, taking her hand Snap out of it. We will go back together. Come on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda seems to focus a bit when you take hold of her hands, which seem quite cool to the touch. She takes another step backwards then shakes her head and smiles at you. "What did you say? Oh, yes, we should leave. Our bodies are right here."

You find yourself back in your room. Glinda is balancing against a wall and moves a bit shakily to a chair to sit down. "Thank you. I could have resisted that...................maybe. What a fragging sorry end to such a long life. I owe you."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

You okay? Maybe you shouldn't go there anymore. I don't think a suicidal vampire will make a good ally...or friend.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

She shakes her head and holds up a hand. "Definitely not suicidal. I was shielding both of us from the draw, which took a bit more from me than I had thought it would. I almost never go there, but wanted to show you my "tradition", if that is what it is. I can reach the power from here just as easily and without the risk. At least there is no risk now. The early years learning magic were hard and I struggled to avoid getting addicted to the power. It does take getting used to, sort of like I was after my rebirth. It took a long time to be able to control the hunger for blood and I had to be restrained to keep me from killing anyone in sight. It was a horrible time and was very difficult even after Sian removed the chains and allowed me to walk about the house."

"But, yes, this was hard and I thank you for taking my hand and reminding me that I needed to come back. So, what do you think? Still partners?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Oh, of course. I... didn't think you were still in doubt about that. I thought I was pretty clear.

You aren't the only one with a dark history you know. You've killed people. So what? So have I and you may find my stories more troubling than any superstitious fear of the dark that colors vampires in folk legends. Vampires aren't really that different than any other Awakened critter. Honestly if anything that's made you and Sian that much more interesting.

Seriously, you act like this is some gothic tragedy. I say laughing, but sober quickly. I'm sorry, that was maybe a little insensitive. I don't mean to make light of your condition, but have you looked around you lately? Atrocity is an every day occurrence these days. Corporations kill people in droves as sacrifice to their bottom line. Spirits make corpses dance on strings and dedicate themselves to ending all life or infesting the planet with their offspring. Ghouls literal and metaphorical butcher the living for food and organic materials so sell for profit. In the grand scheme of things, what's a little blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda smiles then laughs. "Well, that is putting a different perspective on things, yes. So I am not so bad-ass, after all. But, seriously, it is good to know that you are not afflicted with a superstitious fear of vampires. Are you certain that your friends share your attitude? If not, I would prefer this to be our secret, but tell them if you have too. By the way, do they usually sleep this long after sex?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

They've seen the same horrors I have and I doubt that they hold to any kind of superstitions. we have very similar worldviews I think. Like I said I don't like keeping secrets from them but you do not need to worry about them keeping your secret, I'll make sure of that.

I noticed I was a bit more fatigued than usual after sex too so I just let them sleep. Let's go check on them. I say patting her on the leg.

I leave the room and if they are still asleep I wake them softly. Wake up sleepyheads. If it's bedtime perhaps you should go to your beds. I'm sure it's much more comfortable than my couch.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #12


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Shelly and Corbin just seem to be a bit more tired than normal, but then the sex was quite a bit more than normal, so it is not too surprising that they are still a bit out if it. They both come awake, sort of, and shamble off to their beds, nodding at Glinda as they pass her. Shelly seems to be a bit more awake than Corbin and even manages to give Glinda an extended kiss and cops a feel of her tits. "Hey. Come on back to the bed a bit later and I will go another round with you when I fully wake up."

Glinda makes a non-committal sound and watches as the other two head out of the room then turns to you. "I like them. Knowing you three could be a lot of fun but I do not wish to intrude on any sort of arrangement you already have, so tell me when I am about to cross some sort of personal line, right? So, what now?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

The only boundary is consent and what we already talked about. Do you have problems with sunlight? I assume you do, but I don't really like to assume things, by my reckoning you have about an hour-ish before dawn. You are, of course, welcome to stay here. But I don't know if you trust me quite that much yet. Personally I have a few more hours of processing to complete before I have your batch done and maybe another hour or two to finish up totally and I usually sleep through the day. It's not pressing or anything. It will keep if you'd like to do something else.

I'd offer to take you to bed, but I prefer the anticipation and enticement more than the actual act and if you have to leave soon we wouldn't have time for any fun. I say pouting bringing my hand to her face and running my thumb gently across her bottom lip.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda opens her mouth and sucks your thumb inside, swirling her tongue around it, as a hand returns your facial caress. "I am actually far less bothered by sunlight than you might think. The only constant about my type of vampire is that what you know about us is probably not correct, or at least not completely correct." She looks at you and smiles seductively. "I do not have any place to go just now so could stay if you really want me to. I like it here very much. Could you use some help with your work?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I love it when people offer to help. This part is really quite boring. I assume you can use a mortar and pestle? I take Glinda into the laboratory and hand her the protective gear and put the rest of mine back on. This part is actually quite easy it just takes a long time.

This one needs to be crushed into a fine powder, this one needs to be strained through this cloth and this one needs to be mixed with gelatin. I say pointing at the batches one, two and three. You start on the crushing and I'll get on the others. The last one takes a little finesse to get the hang of and very precise measurements. Once we've processed it then I will measure out the individual doses. The cram we will make into tablets, I prefer to do eX as a lozenge and the bliss will be a gel capsule.

Like I said, once I show you how everything is done, anyone can do this part. The actual cooking is more of an exact science that has a rather steep learning curve.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda goes with you and puts the protective gear on, listening to your instructions. She seems to be a fast learner and sets to with little supervision, taking care to do it exactly as you told her. For a bit, there is little noise but for the two of you working and the job seems to move far quicker than if you were doing it yourself. At times you look over at her and notice her long, slim fingers deftly working the mortar and pestle to grind the material into a fine powder. her strokes are swift but sure and she moves with a grace that is part seductive without trying to be and part quite businesslike.

Before long, you are both finished with this section of the work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I laugh. You are the first person I've ever seen make rubber gloves sexy.

The last part is measuring the dosage and adding it to the capsulating mix and running them through the compressor. I inspect the work and make sure the powders and granules are fairly even the put them on a scale and show her how to separate the amounts by removing them from the scale. You want to be careful not to remove too much it's a pain to put it back on the scale. It will probably happen a little, I still do it on occasion but you will want to keep that in mind.

I demonstrate a few times then observe her to make sure she's got the hang of it then get started on my mixtures, checking on her every once in a while.

See how quickly this goes with just one more person? Now imagine this production on a scale of a facility with people who do two thirds to three quarters of the process. Ten days worth of work could make a million dollars worth of product. This is why drugs are such a big business, even the legal ones.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

She lifts her hands and looks at them before turning to you with a smile. "Thanks. You are actually the first person to ever say that to me." She watches patiently as you describe the measuring process and demonstrate it for her. It does not take you long to notice that she is very careful and conscientious in following your instructions to the letter. Her movements are quick but precise and you do not see her make any mistakes in the times you come over to observe her technique.

"Yes, I do see how this could be better with more people doing this part of the work. How many do you envisage we need to train to work in this plant we are going to build for us? As you have said, we do not want to move so quickly that we get the big boys excited, but adding some product to what we sell will certainly bring in the cash needed to get the factory up and moving. Sian is pleased, and so am I. You will be a great help as a partner in this endeavor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I chuckle at her statement. Do you wear rubber gloves often?

That depends on how fast you want to expand. Well the facility wouldn't even be needed until you can start moving 300 doses a day. I can keep up with that production by myself given access to the chemicals needed, we are doing not quite three times that. I'm estimating about 800 doses here and I'm not exactly working at max capacity but I'm not going to work more than six hours a day, more than that is for suckers.

Once I get to just cooking in an actual facility and have people who can do this part, I think you could have ten to fifteen people working and if I apprentice someone with an aptitude we could nearly double that. I think distribution will be the bottle neck at that point, provided you can acquire the chemicals. Some of these are restricted and harder to get.

After measuring out the individual doses is complete I set up the compressors for the tablets and start the machine, then take the warmed gelatin molds and put them in coolers and take a cold wet towel from it. Then off comes the protective gear, only underwear beneath.

Phew, I say. and start wiping the glistening sweat from my face and neck trying to cool myself. I probably should have warned you the protective gear can get pretty warm even though this room is kept extra cool. Do you feel heat and cold?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda laughs, "No, often, actually." She listens to your ideas about the size of the crew needed, almost as if considering what sort of staffing they can get together. When you strip off the protective gear she laughs again then begins to try to remove hers. Unfortunately, she did not strip down and her clothes are matted to the overgarments. She peels them off and you can pretty much see every curve outlined against the clothes plastered to her skin. "Yes, you might have mentioned that. Better, I should have been smart enough to think about that. I think that this should answer your question, though. Yes, I do feel heat and cold, although I am less affected by it that you might be. In any case, I probably could use a shower."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

As she starts to undress I stop her and hand her my towel. I pull her close and say, Why don't you let me get that?

I start to undress her slowly looking at her with a hungry smile. After unbuttoning her shirt I put my hands inside cupping her breasts for a moment then push it off her shoulders entangling her arms behind her for a moment as I kiss her and nibble a moment on her bottom lip. I let the blouse fall to the floor then run my hands up her back pressing against her as I remove her bra. When finished removing her clothing I take her hand and lead her to the shower. Once inside under the running water I say, Touch yourself. Show me what turns you on.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:37 PM
Post #13


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda stops and lets you undress her, making a noise almost like a cat purring as you hold her close. Your lip nibble elicits a low moan from her and she willingly follows you to the shower, standing close to you as the water runs over your bodies. At your suggestion, she begins touching herself, stroking several points on her body that bring smiles and moans. Her eyes stay on yours as she slowly works herself to a shuddering explosion under the water. She is panting as she says, "Do you want to do the same, or would you like to practice on me what you have just seen?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I turn my back on Glinda and guide her hands to my hips, slowly I draw them around to my stomach and up to my breasts. I show her fingers the secret places that illicit low moans of pleasure. Kiss my neck, I want to feel your body against mine. After a few moments of showing her I let Glinda take over. We trade back and forth until the hot water runs out then after a short respite to dry ourselves off I take her to my bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

At first, she stands close behind you and allows you to show her where to touch. The feel of her lips on your neck is perhaps the most sensual thing you have ever felt. If this was not an erogenous point before, it certainly is one with her. "I can smell your blood running so close to your skin right here. It pulses with every beat of your heart, calling to me. That you would put such trust in me after knowing me for so short a time is precious."

Once in your bed, she starts off by facing you and retracing the places that bring you the greatest pleasure and allowing you to touch her and bring her to a climax before slipping around on the bed so that both of you can please each other. The lovemaking starts off slow, allowing passion to build, but eventually climaxes in a rush as both of you release nearly at the same time. Her body trembling, she turns around and lies down facing you again. "That was amazing. I hope I never get used to that."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I chuckle, my finger tracing the outline of her breast, That bit about the blood was sort of creepy and kinda hot at the same time. I didn't even think that might be a problem for you. Like I said before, I have no reason to think that you would attack me, you've had plenty of chances to do that. It didn't occur to me that it might be too much of a temptation for you. That you might give in to the bloodlust you said you could control.

Let me know if that starts to happen. While every gothic chick such as myself has had fantasies of being a vampire, I don't actually want to be one for realsies. Don't get me wrong I would be thankful if I were in your shoes when Sian turned you, it would beat death any day of the week but I'm not going to volunteer to join the ranks of the undead.

I look at Glinda carefully weighing my words From what you've shown me I don't think that this is a problem, but I find it best to keep these things in the open. You do realize this is just us having fun right? I enjoy having sex with you but this is not monogamous, I don't expect it from you and you won't get it from me. I assume you and Sian are still lovers, though picturing that kinda makes me feel like an ephebophile, so I doubt this is news to you but I wanted to be clear so there are no hurt feelings down the road.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda laughs softly. "No, I can control the hunger. It was a temptation to just nip and taste, but that is not for now and I will not do that unless you ask me to. As fro turning you? No, you do not want that unless you have to and I would not do that to you. The rebirth is incredibly painful and the hunger robs you of any coherent thought for a long time, sometimes years. The length depends on you, but it is not a pleasant time, no matter how long. Sian has told me that most new vampires die very soon after being reborn. So, no, I will not be doing that."

"And this? Yes, neither of us is monogamous and I do not expect you to feel that you should be. I enjoy this very much and you are a terrific lover, but my feelings will not be hurt if you have other lovers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Good, on both counts. You have my permission to try if I'm about to die or something and as far as tasting I think we need to talk more about...everything before I can consent to that. I stifle a yawn before I continue. And with that, I need some sleep. You are welcome to stay if you want, but if you need to return to your coffin I understand, I say with a wink and a grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Your last comment gets a wry grin and a chuckle from her and some words softly spoken in a language you do not think you have ever heard before. Glinda puts an arm about you as you turn away and pulls you in close, placing her lips at the base of your neck and spooning into you. Her breathing gets soft and regular and she appears to be asleep in moments, her body pressed to yours.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

After a good eight hours of sleep I get up, slip on a robe and put the kettle on for soykaf then go package up the doses that compressed and solidified while we played. I message Corbin and Shelly's coms to let them know I had samples for them if they wanted to get started and separate out the samples for the gangs, Shelly, Corbin, Glinda and myself.

After that I drink my soykaf grab a bite to eat and scan the trid for news.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Monday 11 June 2075 1815 Lizzie's Apartment Seattle

The news feeds are all about the gang violence in the Redmond Barrens. The stories are conflicting and even the official press releases seem to tell different stories. One station's recap tells you that the various gangs of that district had decided to go all out at each other, leaving scores dead. Several high ranking KE officers are interviewed and all give the same pap about how there is little they can do in such an area. That the Barrens should be cleaned up and the gangs eliminated. That perhaps this will convince city hall to give the KE free reign to move against them. That..........

The news just keeps repeating this in endless vid and sounds bites as pundits from across the spectrum chime in with their own ideas of what is happening and why. The only really known for sure is that the streets have been quiet for hours and that there are some places of extreme devastation. Drone footage reveals an area of the Barrens that looks like a war zone. Vehicles and bodies are scattered on streets and alleys as dazed residents wander about trying to make some sense of it all.

You feel a hand on your shoulder and Glinda walks into the view from the corner of your eye. You had not heard her enter the room, but it is probably because you were concentrating on the news. "Very sad, what happened early this morning. The reports are pretty much lies and guesses, but the people will not care. The world is changing Lizzie, and not for the better. Something is coming. Something Sian has felt for a long time, from even before I was turned. Something she is afraid of. She will not talk to me about it in any detail, but I know that she is afraid. And in my book, anything that scares Sian is very frightening, indeed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

People have been saying the apocalypse is nigh for over two thousand years. I'll believe it when I see it. Things always change, you either adapt or your die.

Your stuff is ready. It's over there on the counter. If you want to hang with me at pulse for a bit to get an idea of what you will be doing I'll be there around 11 o'clock though with your little display you probably won't be doing it quite the same as me. I'm going to approach the neighbors about supplying them as well. That might give you an idea of how to set up distribution. I don't want to monopolize your time though.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #14


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

"Yes, for over two thousand years. Maybe they are right and this is the time. It does seem like the modern age is driving itself that way."

"I had originally seen myself as more bringing you additional clients as actually selling. Do you think this way works better?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Yes. I don't just think so I know it. It was the first problem I ran across when I started doing this. We just cooked a batch that's worth over 20k. You know how long it takes one person to sling that? With your special technique you may be able to increase efficiency, but you'll be lucky to clear 2500 a night, working all night long. Selling in bulk through a network of distribution is how you make money at this. I really thought I was clear the last two times we've discussed this. I understand you are nervous but I'm sure you can handle it. Sian believes in you and so do I.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Thank you. I will do my best to not let either of you down." Glinda walks over to the counter to pick her parcel up and looks around as Shelly and Corbin walk into the room. "Good evening, you two. Lizzie has it all ready for us. So, I guess the plan is to each take our share and pick a market? Will you tell me where you are working from so I do not work the same area?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Shelly take night classes at the community college and Corbin works out at a gym, what's it called? I call over to him. If they plan on operating other places you will have to ask them. I've already told you my plans. Do you have an idea where you would like to start. Clubs and bars are typically good business. There's often a lot of drug seekers at hospitals but the security is tighter.

Did you want to join me for ideas or are you eager to strike out on your own?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda smiles. "No, I can go off on my own. I do not want to be a drag on us and want to see what I can do. This is a bit out of my comfort zone, but I can do well with people. I can check back in with you later. How long will you be at that club?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

You've got my com if you have questions. I will probably be there a few hours unless something comes up.

What about you two? I got you starter kits if you want to sell, you up for it? Either way I could use some back up when I go visit the neighbors. I don't expect any trouble but you can never tell with the gangs. Would you two mind accompanying me?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Both Shelly and Corbin hesitate long enough for Glinda to interject a comment. "Do you expect trouble? I can be pretty good in a scrap, if it comes to that."

Both of the others look at her with some surprise etched on their faces. Corbin actually snorts just a bit. "I did not see a gun hidden on you anywhere." Then his eyes get larger as he considers the options. "Or are you some kind of awakened, too?"

Glinda nods and says. "You could say that. No problems, right?"

Both of your friends shake their heads, but give you an odd look. Corbin then says, "Sure, we can go along if you like."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Oh I doubt there will be any trouble, but it's not like gangers are known for their hospitality. I'm sure I can keep the peace but a little show of force may be needed to facilitate matters. You can come if you want Glinda, but like I said I don't want to monopolize your time.

Help yourselves to breakfast I'd like to leave within the hour.

I get dressed and chat for a while as everyone gets ready then we head out to meet with our southern neighbor with about 25 doses of cram and 5 of bliss and ex in case they want to try a few others.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Monday 11 June 2075 1835 Lizzie's Apartment

Glinda gives you an odd look and smiles. "Breakfast at this time of day? How delicious. We have worked and slept the day away. I am hungry, though, and could eat an Ottoman mule. However, I think that I will just go and meet up with you later." She walks to and kisses each of you, whispering something in Shelly's ear. She then walks to the door and turns to face everyone. "This has been an amazing night and one I hope to repeat."

She smiles at everyone and leaves the apartment. As one, your friends turn to you and Corbin voices their thoughts. "OK, spill. What is really going on? She is super sexy and great in the sack, but where did you find her and just who the frag is she? And what is an Ottoman mule?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

What? I already told you. She approached me at Pulse and had an opportunity for us. She is connected to some people and we have entered into a partnership of sorts. I cook for them and they set up distribution. She has magic that I know for sure, but I'm also quite certain her group has some secrets, and I do love secrets. She is their liaison more or less. They work out of the Chinatown barrens and are interested in creating a manufacturing facility. We are going to go slow to build up a war chest, we know we are going to eventually step on some toes so I'm am expanding here where it is safer until we can afford better security. You know of course to tell no one of our alliance. Did you have specific questions?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #15


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Corbin holds up his hands as if to ward off a blow. "Hey, nothing special. It just seems a bit odd, that's all. You know us, Liz. We're with you all the way. And we can keep our mouths shut, you know that. Just curious about her."

Ever the peacemaker, Shelly takes his arm and pulls him back a step. "Alright, let's go visit some of the local gangers, er customers."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I reach up and pat Corbin lightly on the face. I'm curious too. Keep your ear to the ground and let me know if you hear anything. I doubt she is an open book, so very few people are.

Once we reach the next neighborhood I'll keep an eye out for gangers and approach a group offer then a few doses of cram in exchange for an intro to the gang leader or one of his lieutenants regarding a business venture.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

It is not hard to find a group of three toughs who will take your drugs. One of them will step forward and say, "So, what you got? And why should I not just take your pills and stuff you in that dumpster over there?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I see for once my reputation does not proceed me. I will give you two reasons. The first is that my product is the bomb. That is why I brought samples. I am here to give them away so you taking them only keep the rest of your gang from enjoying them as well as the opportunity to get more. The second reason is because I'm Lizze goddamn Borden and smart people know better than to fuck with me.

So tell me are you smart or stupid?

I cast improve reflexes while talking and ready another spell if he decides he's stupid.

[ Spoiler ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The ganger does seem overly impressed by the mention of your name. Perhaps he is new here. However, he does not make any overtly hostile moves, either. His eyes go from one of you to the next. "Yeah, we'll see how solid your drek is, but ain't you three just a bit far from your fancy palaces? You could just leave your bit of stuff with us and move on back home and we all forget you were ever here. Or, you can walk on by and go see the boss with your offer. But just remember, if he don't like it, you'll lose your drugs and most likely be passed around the gang for fun."

"But none of you are getting past here without a quick search for weapons. So make your choice.......move on or get searched before seeing the boss."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I sigh. If you are worried about that why don't you just give me his code and I'll talk to him and let you pass along the product.. I'm here to do biz but if you think we are going to disarm, you're mistaken. If he has to meet in person, I will leave my weapon with my friends outside and meet him alone. I say impatiently.

If you guys don't want the stuff there are plenty of gangs out here that do. I've heard about the nasty street cooked drek you guys call amphetamines, this stuff will make you fly brother. You do not want to miss out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The thug grins. It is not a nice grin. "Sure, you can leave your weapon with your friends, but you still gonna be searched. You are crazy if you think we are letting you get close to the boss with a weapon. So, what's it to be?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I believe that was one of the options I had already agreed to. But not you. I don't like you. Someone else gets to pat me down, you've lost that perk. Let's get it over with shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The thug splutters a bit and looks like he is going to say something when a man steps from the shadows and says, "Seems she put you in your place, Seek. Now back off." The newcomer moves with the grace of a cat as he steps into the dim light. He is a thin man, not quite the stereotypical street thug or go-ganger, yet his presence seems to have an immediate effect on the three gangers in front of you. They all appear to be surprised to see him there, almost as it they had not known, and all move away from him. He watches the three men as they take a couple of steps towards the street, but you are pretty sure that the thin man has a very good idea where you are standing.

The leader of the three gangers gulps a bit then says, "Sure Jess. We was just having a bit of fun. Like it ain't the first time she has her boobs felt up."

"Perhaps, Seek. But not by you tonight." He turns to you and his lips smile without letting it touch his eyes. "So, you have some new product that you want to show to us? May I see a sample?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well, some talent. I was afraid I was going to be stuck dealing with this cliche. I toss him a dose. Enjoy, that's pharmaceutical grade cram ten times better than the street meth I've seen some of your chuckleheads using. Figured you all might be interested in an upgrade.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #16


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

The thin man deftly grabs what you toss at him and puts it in a pocket. "I am sure that you will not mind if I have this examined. So now I have two questions to ask you. First, no one just gives stuff like this away, so what is your angle? And, second, who are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well if you are testing I have bliss and eX as well. My angle is simple. I give you samples of my product. You are blown away by the difference in quality of the stuff you currently cook and you start buying from instead. I hand him a dose of eX and bliss as well.

The deal doesn't have to be with your boss. You look like you have enough pull to make the deal, provided that's allowed.

As for who I am...I'm your friendly neighborhood drug manufacturer looking for someone to distribute my product on your turf. People call me Lizzie Borden, or just Lizzie. If you haven't heard of me just ask around. I'm sure someone will vouch for my professionalism and I'm sure your testing will show the quality of my product.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The man takes the samples and nods. "But an argument can be made that we already sell a product, even if it is inferior. What would we have to pay you to get these super drugs and what would we have to charge people to make any profit. In this neighborhood, you have to consider who the potential customers are. If they cannot afford to pay what we have to charge to meet your prices, we have lost ground, not gained. " He shrugs and gives you another of his pasted on smiles. "But such decisions are not left to me. I will take you to meet the boss and you can try to sell him on the plan."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

The argument loses it's teeth when you realize you may always have a market for your street cooked amphetamines but you will have plenty of customers willing to pay for that. I'll make my pitch to your boss though. Lead the way. We follow him to their HQ and I hand over my sword to Corbin and put my hands on my head. Have fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The thin man looks you over and actually does smile. "You got something, Miss. Tell you what, if you sell the boss on this and still want me to feel you up, I will take you to the best club in town, wine and dine you, take you dancing, then take you to a nice hotel for the night and make love to you. If you are in the mood. You might like it so keep it in mind."

He motions for you to drop your arms and leads you into the building and through a room full of gangers who all seem to be staring at you. A cute waitress comes up to him as he is walking, but he waves her away as he leads you to some stairs. Two very large guys are guarding the stairs but they move apart as he approaches. The man does not turn his head as he ascends the stairs and walks down a short hallway to a door. He knocks and opens the door without waiting for an answer, ushering you into a large room that has been converted into an office. A large man is sitting at a desk with the chair turned sideways to give better access to the blonde who is on her knees blowing him. The man looks up and grimaces. "Frag, Jess, what the frag you doing just barging in like that?"

"Lady here has an offer for you. Give it some thought." Turning to you, the thin man nods. "I will be back in a few minutes. Make your best pitch."

The girl on her knees pulls off the man, who takes her head and puts her back on him. The thin man leaves the office and the other man looks at you. "Well? let's hear this offer. Must be good if you impressed him with it."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well, I didn't really WANT to get felt up but I assumed you would want to pat me down and I figured I might as well enjoy myself. I've got plans tonight, but maybe another time, I'll keep you in mind. I imagine I'll be seeing you around.

I walk in like business as usual. I've been dealing with gangs quite a while not much they do phases me anymore. I nod at Jess as he leaves. I lay out a handful of hits of cram and take a seat, cross my legs and lean back in the chair..

Did you want to finish up first, you seem to be enjoying yourself. I'd hate to interrupt. Seeing that he isn't interested in waiting to hear the offer I shrug and continue. That...is pharmaceutical grade cram. I have bliss and eX too. I would like to supply you with these at wholesale prices and let you distribute them to your more discerning clients who might be interested and can afford higher quality drugs. I would sell to you in bulk at 80% of street value and you have your people distribute and you keep the 20% or more if you want to mark up the prices a bit.

The samples are free of course as enticement to do business with me and to let you sample the quality of the product. Jess has samples he said he was going to test. I don't know how but I can assure you this is top shelf stuff.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The man leans back in his chair and lifts a hand as he grunts and wheezes for a few seconds. He pats the girl's head and she stands up, wiping at her chin before nodding at you and leaving the room. There is an obvious sound of a zipper and the man swivels his chair to face you, putting his hands on the desk and smiling. "Well, I could maybe be talked into something, depending on the quality of your goods and if we can reach a fair distribution of profits." He emphasizes the word "fair". "So happens I do have some rollers that might be interested in some quality merchandise. Have to wait on any deal until I get the stuff evaluated, but what is your idea of bulk? And I think a cut of 70/30 is better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well that's why I brought the samples, to let you evaluate. 80/20 is pretty standard and I haven't had any complaints. If you can move more than 200 doses a day I could be convinced to go up to 75/25 though. I figured 100 doses to start, or more if you think you can move it. I didn't come here to rip you off my initial offer is quite fair.

[ Spoiler ]


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"I am not too sure how fair your deal is. You may be a hot shot cook, but we are taking all the risks of distributing the stuff. And just how many fraggers do you think are onto this stuff? 200 doses a day is a lot of junk and it could saturate the market in this area quite quickly. I am willing to go to 75/25, but only if you can throw in a bit of personal service."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Holding my last spell for so long I find it easier to concentrate on the spell while splitting my attention. I think I could probably keep a stronger one going now. I will have to test this later.

What risks? This is the barrens you own the streets. If anything this is an extra revenue stream that you can use to better equip your soldiers and solidify your position here.

What sort of personal service did you have in mind.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #17


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

The man laughs. "I know that you are smarter than that, so do not play games with me. I control a neighborhood, not the entire district. I would like to control the district, but that would mean convincing a lot of gangers that I am stronger than the other bosses. Or I could always just kill them, but that gets messy and complicated and the KE Jackboots take a dim view of that sort of thing. My risk is in pushing the product into areas outside my immediate neighborhood. I am willing to risk my soldier's lives, but not for only 20%. I will go as low as 25% if you take your clothes of and let me slot you right here. Otherwise it is 30%. Come on, when have you had a more lucrative few minutes on your back? A bit of sex for 5% is a good deal. And it helps build a bond between us."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I laugh. I'm not asking you to expand your influence. I figured your boys might enjoy it or your more well-off neighbors. You aren't risking anything you aren't already risking now you are just upgrading the quality of your merchandise. My product could allow you to expand your influence but that has nothing to do with the deal. If you want me to get you off I can do that but I have a better way than sex. I cast euphoria on him.

OOC: force 4 euphoria on him. I dont have access to the dice roller. I can either wait until I get home or I trust you to roll for me if you'd prefer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The man shakes his head and smiles, obviously pleased by the sensations affecting him through your spell. He stands up and you can see that he had removed his pants for the ministrations of the blonde and has not put them back on, leaving his rather obvious arousal plain for you to see. "I do like how you work and your arguments are a bit compelling. Tell you what; if you come over here and let me do you against the desk, you got a deal for your 80%. Perhaps we can renegotiate the deal as we become better friends."



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Is that what you want? I say, standing languidly. I stride over to him and push him into a sitting position on his desk, straddle a leg and whisper in his ear, Just get your rocks off?

I lean over him and push him onto his back with my strong arm bringing my knee up to grind slowly into his groin not too hard but not too soft either. Before he realizes it I've taken all his leverage and have him pinned against his desk. That's not how this works. People line up to please me. I am offering to let you in on the ground floor of a good deal.

My knee works him faster, his struggles futile even if they weren't half-assed as the pleasure rises up in him and my other hand twists a nipple through his shirt. I whisper one last thing as he explodes against my leg. Take it or leave it. But I'm not your fucking whore.

I drop the euphoria and walk around behind his desk to find his pants and use them to clean my leathers, leaving him breathless on the desk.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The gang boss is barely able to speak as you finish, but manages to croak out a few words. "Holy drek! You are some woman. I like your style, but would have preferred a slightly different ending to this first time. Perhaps we can do something a bit differently next time. Alright, I will take your 20% for now and see if I want to negotiate that later. When can I get delivery of the first batch?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I can have you set up tomorrow. What do you want and how much of it? With a grimace I drop his soiled pants on the floor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Set that up with Jess. I.....I will leave that part of it up to him." He licks his lips as he stares at you, as if he is mentally undressing you and imagining what you look like naked. This was......different. You should consider doing a bit more next time, but this was a good start to our relationship."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Sure, I'll set that up with him then. I go to leave as Jess is returning and he escorts me back to my people and places his order. I return my sword to its rightful place and get on my bike before turning to Jess. Your boss is an idiot, why does a man like you follow a fool like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Jess gives you a slight smile. "Yes, he is an idiot, but it serves my purposes right now to do as I do. Are you making a better offer?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I might another time. I always keep my eyes open for talent.

So you tested my little creations? How much do you want to start with? I give him my comcode. Don't keep a girl waiting.

After he places his order we head home. I link to Shelly and Corbin Ugh. I need a shower after that slime ball. I am going to destroy that man. Let me clean up and restock and we can hit the other gang and I'll let you two off the hook. Thanks again for coming with.

After a shower and a change of clothes I restock and we head to the opposite side of the territory to talk to gang number two using the same process as the first one.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #18


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Jess links you with an order and sets a delivery location, but does not say more than that at this time.

The shower is indeed refreshing after that experience. After restocking, you make your way to the other side of the neighborhood and into the territory of a go-gang that rides a stretch of the highway near here. As you walk the streets, you see lots of people going about their business, but no gangers hanging around.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I ask around in the commercial areas, spreading a little nuyen around, about the gang, it's members and any hangouts they may know about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The gang calls themselves the Aces and it seems that most of them are currently out on a stretch of the nearby highway. They apparently live in a ramshackle former warehouse just over there. You are told that someone should be in if you really want to go there. Four different people warn you to stay away from some razor girl named Jessie, who seems to be positioned quite high in the gang despite arriving not two months ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

We go check out the warehouse. Shelly will have a drone give us intel on the defenses and approach openly but cautiously. Once a guard comes to challenge us I will offer the same deal as I did to the gangers. Samples of cram bliss and ex for an intro to whoever can make the deal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The warehouse appears to be part garage and part living space for the gang. Shelly's drone puts an eye in the sky for you and what it sees on its sensors is routed to your internal 'link. Two large garage bay doors are open to the evening air and you can hear the noises of a working garage even before you get to the front and some sort of metallic music competes with the banging of hammer on metal coming from inside. The bright light streaming from the open doors means that you do not need the specialized drone sensors to see the three toughs hanging about outside the garage, smoking and sharing a brew. That is perhaps not all they are sharing as you also note that a scantily clad young woman is curled into the arms of one of them, letting his hands massage a barely covered breast as she runs a hand down his thickly muscled arm.

You are still a good thirty feet from the three when they straighten and the one with the girl sends her off down the street with a swat on her butt. None of them make any more threatening gesture than spreading apart, but you can tell that they seem to be alert to your coming. By the time you get to fifteen feet, one will raise a hand. "That be fragging far enough for now, friends. What business do you have in Aces territory?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I come bearing gifts. Perhaps a business deal. I have product samples for you and your gang. All I want is an intro to either your boss or someone high enough up the chain to make a deal for distributing this product. I show off the pills. Care to try some?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

One of the toughs takes a step closer to you but the one who had spoken earlier puts out a hand to stop him. "Hey. You want your guts strung up on that wall there. You know what Jessie said."

The thug stops moving but snarls at the other one. "Yeah. I remember. I also remember what it was like before her. Lots more fun."

"But now we are making some serious nuyen." He turns back to you. "You have to talk to the boss about that and the rest of the gang is out right now. There is a bar just across the street where you can wait. Probably about an hour."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Sure I can wait. What did Jessie say? You can't take presents? I have plenty of samples and they are for everyone. I'll still have plenty to show your boss. I offer one last time then head to the bar to wait for the boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Nah, it has to do with drugs and drek like that. Something along the lines of being gutted where we stand if we get fragged up on guard duty."

The bar is about half full of locals, most of whom are watching a skinny girl take her clothes off on a small stage. Her dancing seems a bit..................well, uninteresting, but several men are tossing scrip on the stage in an attempt to buy a look at everything she has. A cute waitress comes over to the the three of you, a serving tray in one hand and a smile on her face. "What can I get you? Booth or table. Near the stage or something more private?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well then here... For afterwards, send them my way when they get back if you wouldn't mind..

At the bar I indicate we would like a booth and order a round of drinks while we wait. Shelly will keep an eye outside for when the gang gets back and I will peruse the astral while we wait and make small talk with my friends...maybe buy a lap dance for Corbin if anyone strikes his fancy.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:38 PM
Post #19


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

The cute waitress will lead you to a small booth that is off to one side. You can still see the stage but are pretty much out of the way. She shows you a small console that has several buttons. One calls her if you need anything, another raises a sort of privacy screen that allows you to look out but keeps others from seeing in, and a third that brings up a selection of porn films on a small screen at the table. She takes your orders and comes back with the drinks. "You got here at the right time. The local gang is off terrorizing the highway or this place would be jumping. Actually, there seems to be less terrorizing and more order sine that new girl took over the gang a month or so back. Anyway, have fun. Call me if you need a second round or if you want some company for a bit. I am available for about another twenty minutes, then I need to do my turn on the stage." She smiles at all of you and leaves.

Corbin watches her go and whistles softly. "Not the woman you brought home, but nice looking. Can't wait to see her on the stage."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Hmm, this may be good news or bad. New management and more order is conducive to business, but it seems my intel is out of date and this Jessie girl is an unknown quantity, but I've dealt with unknown quantities before.

I nod at Corbin, she's cute. I'll get you a lap dance when she's done on stage.

We watch for a bit and once the waitress is done on stage I call her over and buy Corbin a lap dance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The girl leaves and about twenty minutes later walks onto the stage from one of the wings and is introduced as Kandy and the DJ asks the crowd to show its appreciation as Kandy unwraps herself. The girl is a different cut from the other three you have watched since entering the bar. They wiggled against the pole and stripped down in the first song of a three song set, but Kandy dances, using the pole as a prop but not relying on it. She also keeps most of her clothes on through the first song and is still not completely naked at the end of the second song. The anticipation from the onlookers was clear as they tossed handfuls of scrip on the stage. When she finally stripped off the last bit of clothing the whole place whooped and men surged to the stage to get a good look at her.

She smiled brilliantly as she bent over to pick up the money and give the people the looks they had been waiting for. After staying long enough to wind up the crowd for the next girl, Kandy leaves the stage and returns to walk the floor while serving drinks. Most of the people do not seem to recognize her in the dim light, their eyes already focused on the girl that has just walked onto the stage. Kandy comes to your booth and smiles at you as she asks if you need anything.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well done. You have a much better stage presence that the other girls. My friend here would like a lap dance...assuming you do that here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Kandy nods. "Of course we do that here. 25 if you are paying in scrip or 12 if nuyen. Let me hit the button that sends up the privacy screen. We don't want anything to distract the other customers from the stage." She leans over and presses a button on the console and a shimmer appears in the air in front of the booth that allows you to see through it but keeps others from seeing in, or so you have been led to believe. Another button and some music comes from the several speakers in the booth. After getting paid, Kandy stands in front of Corbin and begins to sway to the beat. Even in this smaller area, you get the feeling that she has some dance experience as she twists and moves her arms to the rhythm. As she begins teasing your friend, you can see that he is tenting in a show of how aroused he already is. She slowly removes her clothes, exposing a very nice body a bit at a time, alternating that with either turning to place her well-formed ass against his hips and the bulge there or actually bending over to stroke him while her breasts are within range of his mouth. She looks up at him during one of these interludes and says, "For 25 more you can touch."

Corbin gurgles out a yes and reaches up to fondle her as her hand goes out to you for payment.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I give her 150 nuyen. Well if we are allowed to touch I'm next and you can do my other friend after that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Kandy look amazed at the amount you are paying. "Wow. Alright, for that amount you can touch anywhere you like and I will fuck all three of you, if you like and are into that." The expression on Corbin's face says that he could be very much into that and Shelly gives a low moan at the thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well...chop chop then. Shelly keep an eye outside for our guests. I let my friends enjoy and will accept petting and licking but I'm keeping my pants on. The others can do as they want. I'll do some reagent gathering afterward the meet too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Corbin clearly does not want to keep his pants on and lets Kandy do him expertly. She has probably done this many times for clients but she makes it seem special. Shelly comes back to the booth after Corbin stumbles out to relieve her and she, too, does not keep her pants on. Kandy gives you a look and a smile and whispers to you that you can come visit her any time and she will take care of you. Corbin pokes his head in and says that a bunch of bikes have just roared into the area and seem headed to the garage across the street. Kandy nods, "That will be them. Bunch of noisy bastards will be all over this place in about twenty minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well good timing then pet. We best make ready for a visit. Send anyone looking for us over here would you?

You know I didn't mean you guys had to leave. I just meant Shelly should keep an eye on the drone feed, but this works too.

I keep an eye on the door and watch for anyone who might be looking for us.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #20


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Kandy smiles at all three of you, giving you a wistful look, and pushes the buttons to stop the music and cancel the screen. She steps away from the booth and goes back to work on the floor. Just then, there are loud noises as several men wearing gang jackets enter the club, headed for the stage area. The girls on the floor yell and wave at them and the other patrons make room. During the jubilation, a woman walks into the bar, accompanied by several more men. They are quieter and from your vantage point you think that you see the locals, including the two large bouncers, move aside to give the group lots of space, even in a crowded room such as this is. The girl has long, dark hair and you can see the handles of two swords poking up above her shoulders from her back. She moves to a central location and stands, scanning the room then stops as she faces your booth. Her face remains expressionless as she nods to her companions and sets off in your direction, leaving them to sit at a couple of tables where they can observe you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Hi. You must be Jessie. I've heard good things about you. Would you like a drink? I order a round for everyone and turn back to Jessie grinning. I have a business proposition for you.

I slide the packet of goodies over to Jessie and continue. This is pharmaceutical grade cram mostly, there's some bliss and eX in there too to give you a sampling of the other things I can do, I find cram is my best seller though. This is a gift to you, in exchange for listening to my proposal such as it is.

I would like to provide pharmaceuticals to you in bulk. You can use them for whatever you want, sell to your gang, your more discerning clientelle, even expand your sphere of influence if you think you are able. I will sell bulk to at 80% of street and you can keep the difference. Are you interested?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The woman does not smile but she does reach out and take the offered package. "I like business deals that might benefit me. Tell me more about these drugs and how much you can provide."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I shrug. My drugs speak for themselves. Have them tested or try them out, that's what the samples are for, but it's top shelf stuff. I can provide conservatively 1500 doses a week, though most people prefer to commit to something a bit smaller at first. If you can move that much I will most certainly make you a priority though. Though if you can move that much I would suggest coordinating with me so that my customers aren't stepping on each others toes. Bad for business all around you know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The woman does smile at that, showing even, white teeth. "No, I think that I will go for something smaller than 1500 at first. Say 300? Will you need the current price up front? If so, I may have to start smaller until I can get the first ones sold. Running a gang in the Barrens is not exactly a money tree, and my.......predecessor......was not particularly good with finances. Or discipline. Or just about anything that did not include riding a bike, drinking lots of whiskey, and laying whores, all of which he excelled at. Even with him now out of the picture, it is taking time to get things organized here. So, can I take the first shipment on spec and pay you as they sell?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

That type seems to be normal around here. I don't know how people like that manage to stay in power.

Unless you have something you'd like to use as collateral until you are more liquid 300 seems a bit naive of me. I could cut you a deal on 100 you pay half on delivery then you pay me in advance for each batch after that until you can afford to pay in full. Does that work for you?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The woman shrugs. "Not much to use as collateral. I will take these and have them analyzed and will randomly select a few samples from every batch you deliver to be tested. I can get back to you tomorrow afternoon about accepting the deal or not. I will accept your terms for now and will have a deposit ready for you if the deal is a go. Good enough?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I hand over my com code. Sounds good. I look forward to doing business with someone more...disciplined than usual. Oh, and people call me Lizzie.

I head back to home territory with Shelly and Corbin and pick up my supplies for Pulse. Thanks for the escort loves. I'm heading to Pulse, you two have fun.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Corbin smirks. "Yeah. Call me if you ever need an escort back to that bar." As the three of you split up, Shelly looks thoughtful. "Did anyone else think those two were eerie? I mean Jess and Jessie seemed so much alike to me. Almost uncanny. Anyway, luck to you tonight."

The pulse is hopping when you walk through the door; men and women filling the dance floor and most of the tables already occupied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Yeah I noticed that too Shelly. Even their names were similar. Perhaps they are part of some weird Jessie order, trained by a Jessie master in the ways of the fierce. Even I groan at the pun, then laugh and wave as I leave for Pulse.

I set up at my regular table and watch the crowd for a bit. The power of the Seductress is strong here as usual but something seems to have changed in the air. I flex my magic muscles a bit and find that my overall strength has increased. The seductress must be pleased. I put in call to my Talismonger Red Eye Jill.

>>Hey Jill, it's Lizzie. Looking for a spell focus or two, big ones, would normally run 20k legit.<<

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #21


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

The seductress has indeed been pleased and you are not wrong about the changes you feel in yourself. There is a bit more confidence in how you view your magic skills and you feel as if you are more powerful tonight than you were last night. The crowd in the club goes about its normal life and you get a couple of your regulars come by with friends in tow, looking for what you can provide them. In the middle of a deal with a girl who looks too young to be allowed in here but rich enough to have bribed someone, you get a message back from Jill. >>Hey, good lookin'. You want big ones I can get you big ones, but not if you need 'em tonight. Can you swing by in a couple of days? And if you could get 'em legit, you would. My price is 24K, due to high overhead.<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

>>Thanks Sweets. I need a health one mainly and illusion if you can find a second. 24K is fine you don't have to explain mark up to me. See you in a few days then. Buzz me if you get em early.<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Within a couple of hours, most of your regulars have been to see you. If anything the crowd seems to be a bit more alive tonight than in the past. Perhaps it is the music from a new band, but you are not sure. What you ARE sure about is that your normal load for the evening is probably not going to enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I sell until I get close to out of stock then I call up Glinda to see how she's doing so far. >>Evening pet. I seem to be selling out at pulse awefully fast. I may be leaving early unless someone wants to keep me company for a while...you could maybe make a little money at my table the way things are going today. So want to be my arm candy for a bit?<<

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The response is almost immediate. >>Already done. I can be there in a few. and would enjoy very much being your arm candy.<<

Indeed, within twenty minutes you see Glinda moving through the crowd as if it does not really exist. Her eye catches yours and there is an almost electric surge through you as you see her eyes light up and her smile is both public and private at the same time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I greet Glinda with a lingering kiss. Did I hear right? You sold out already? I was also successful. I have two new clients myself. I'm going to have to find someone to take over here soon too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The returned kiss is incredibly seductive and promising. When you sit down, she takes a seat next to you and puts a hand on your knee under the table. A waitress appears like magic and takes her drink order while asking if you need another. When she is gone, Glinda turns to look at you. "Yes. I have distributed all of what you gave me. It seems that we have both had very good success tonight." She looks over at the sea of bodies on the dance floor. "Do you dance?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

All three hundred? In a single night? Maybe I should come watch you do it to give me pointers. I've never slung that in singles. I figured that would last you a few days at least. And you were worried! See? Damn... I'm going to have to double my batch... you willing to help again?

Sure I'll dance with you, though I prefer it slow.

I take her hand and lead her out to the dance floor. I grab her hips and press close, writhe back and forth a few times. Then I place her hands on my hips and raise an arm and get me groove on.

As an after thought I shout to be heard over the din. Do you think Sian would mind if we dropped by to see the puppies? I want to give them some treats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Oh. Was I supposed to make them last? I found it easy to influence people to buy them. A subtle touch here and there and voila, I had customers bringing customers. I think I will need to slow down a bit, though, when I go out again. I attracted some attention and had to deal with a couple of thugs that wanted to horn in. One is now distributing for me, but the others.......well, they are not."

She smiles as you take her to the dance floor. She seems perfectly content to ignore the percussion beat and dances slowly with you. Her hands on your hips brings back memories of her touch on your skin and the change in her breathing lets you think she is remembering that, too. She laughs when you mention Sian and her hounds. "You do understand that those Hell Hounds are not quite like others of their kind, right?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I laugh. Of course you weren't supposed to make them last. I just didn't think it was possible to sling that much that fast. Yeah you don't really want to draw too much attention to yourself especially before we've built up a war chest.

I figured they weren't based on what you showed me...I wasn't going to talk about that in public though. Still, can we go see them? I mean, if Sian isn't too busy of course.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #22


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda pulls you closer, that is if the milispace separating you could get any less. "You want to go out there tonight? We can if you want to. When ?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

When we are done dancing I suppose.

My face is inches from her. I look for her eyes to her lips then back to her eyes. My slightly parted lips dance close to hers as I groove slowyly against her body.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda's eyes are mesmerizing, perhaps a bit disturbingly so. You are dancing in your own little universe as people seem to just give you some space. The dancing is incredibly sensuous and it is easy to tell that she is very much aroused. She smiles a bit and even the smile is sensuous. "Then you may have to say when that is, because I could do this with you for hours."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

After about an hour we stop and head to see the dogs I ride with Glinda so that we can talk, we can pick up my bike afterwards. In the car we talk for a bit and pick up dog treats on the way.

So does Sian know that you told me? I don't wants to get you in any trouble so I'll keep it hush-hush if you haven't. Are Darius and Vilna the same dogs in the vision you showed me? Do they have any preferred treats?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda and you walk to the parking lot to pick up her car. It is an Americar in much better condition than the one you have seen earlier. It is well apportioned on the inside and starts without any of the expected resistance some of this brand of car are known for. As she pulls out into traffic, she looks over at you to answer your questions. "Sian knows I have told you. I am sure that she expected me to and is happy that you do not feel the need to carry some sort of ridiculous-looking stick with you. That does not mean, of course, that you should run off and tell everyone what I am. At some point we need to put our trust in others and right now that is you. We have been betrayed in the past and have had to relocate many times, but I would prefer to remain here for a bit, if you please."

"Darius and Vilna? Yes, they are the same from the vision I shared with you. It is enough to say that they are not your normal Hell Hounds. They prefer human flesh for treats, but can be bribed with some soy-bacon strips. They can be bought in almost any 'Shack and will get you some friends if you bring some for them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Yeah you don't really need to tell me to keep it quiet about that I understand the danger of bigotry and superstition. Though that does raise a few questions, do things like religious icons bother you. I imagine that's a superstition, what about water can you swim?

Human flesh huh? Maybe I should have killed that idiot after all, I chuckle. I'll keep that in mind if I have to kill someone. Human flesh seriously? I'd heard stories about zebra meat and other rare game, but that's a little disturbing to hear that they prefer my meat. Did Sian turn them too somehow or ...something else?

I hope you don't mind all these questions, but you have to understand this is all pretty new and exciting for me.

We stop at a 'Shack and get some bacon flavored soy strips. soy? Are you sure they wouldn't prefer krill or myco-protein strips? I shrug and get into the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda laughs. "That is a lot of questions, but I like that you are interested. DO not discount the power of religious icons, but some true vampires are less affected. Like the sun, one gets less affected over time until it is just a slight irritation. And yes, I can swim quite well, thank you, although holy water has a negative effect. And, yes, human flesh. They are pretty much carnivors and can eat almost any sort of meat, but they prefer human flesh. I do not know how Sian came to have them as they were fixtures at the house when I first met her."

She nods at your question in the store. "Soy strips are fine; it is the bacon flavor they like. Of course, if you could find real bacon........."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

back in the car I follow up. Well yeah but they weren't hell hounds before right. Did they change with the world or did they change early like you two?

Once we reach the parking lot from last time I follow Glinda through the China town barrens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

She laughs. "I do not really know much about the hounds. They have been with her since I first met her. I never really asked her much about them. I do know that they are fanatically loyal to her and virtually immortal, much like Sian and I."

When you reach the lot, she parks the car and leads you through the alleyways to the Chinatown Barrens, which has not changed any since your last visit. The people on the street still seem to be afraid of you, moving to avoid you as you walk. At least you do not have to worry about being mugged here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I do my best to try and keep track of the path Glinda takes and see if I can tell whether we are heading to the market or our original destination from yesterday.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #23


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

It is very hard to keep track of the path Glinda uses through the veritable maze of connecting alleyways that lead to the Barrens. At times you have to step across of around people involved in sex acts or doing drugs and you are not quite sure if some of the people are alive or just unconscious. Once out in the slightly wider streets of the Barrens, you are pretty sure that you are not going to the market, but not truly certain until she stops in front of a ramshackle building and opens the door, ushering you inside.

The room you enter is sort of what you might expect of what is typical in this part of of the sprawl; it is a wreck. Certainly not what you might expect of a several hundred year old vampire with prodigious magical powers.The main room contains a couple of mismatched chairs and a sofa whose right end looks to be a hazard to sit on. No electronics are visible. The two Hell Hounds rise from the floor near a doorway that looks to lead to a hallway out of the room. Their eyes are burning bright red as they sniff the air. Glinda looks over at you. "They smell the bacon. You can carefully remove it and hold it out to them or place it on the floor, whichever you are brave enough to do."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Hey sweeties, I say kneeling down in front of them. Look what auntie Isla brought for you.

I hold out the treats for them in the palms of either hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

As you kneel and speak to the hounds, you hear a sharp intake of breath from Glinda. The hounds come over, each standing taller than you are kneeling. You can see smoke rising into the air from their nostrils as the lower their heads to sniff at your offering. Their eyes are like burning embers as they focus on you and you detect a somewhat peculiar odor emanating from the hounds that is both enticing and...............frightening............at the same time. Sian appears at the doorway and watches you. "What did you say your name is? I thought it was Lizzie. Foolish me for not asking if that was a nickname or street name."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I look up smiling at Sian Oh? I thought I mentioned that when we were introduced. Lizzie is just a nickname I...earned. I mostly use it for business it's a little more fitting you know Lizzie Borden took an axe etc. etc.

But I'm just visiting my sweetums. I add in that annoying voice you talk to your pets and babies in, putting my hands up higher for the hounds to take the treats.

Remember? You wanted me to call you the Empress of the Universe.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Yes, well, I must have missed that. Sorry. Careful you don't lose a hand there."

The hounds sniff at your hands then long tongues snake out and take the snacks, transferring them to their mouths. Sian laughs. "Well, you are making friends. Can I get you some coffee?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

There's nothing to apologize for. Heck my friends hardly ever call me Isla anymore and they KNOW why people call me that. I didn't much care for it at first, but it's grown on me. I scratch their heads behind the ears, that spot that all dogs love and grin back up at Sian.

I would love some coffee, thank you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

'The kitchen is through here. Please come with me." The hounds apparently like the attention you are giving them, but the respond immediately when Sian makes a soft noise in her throat, returning to stand at the doorway Sian is near. She reaches down to scratch at their heads then turns on her heal and disappears down the hallway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I follow Sian. They're lovely and they clearly love you. I understand you've had them quite some time. Obviously they are special in some way, do you know how or was it simply their association with you that made them so?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The kitchen appears to be every bit a ruin as the rest of the house. Sian sets the coffee to brewing then goes to sit at a small table that has three rickety chairs that look like they are about to break at any moment. She sits down on one and motions for you and Glinda to take the other two. "Oh no, they were special long before I found them. Or they found me. I am still not certain which is true. Why the interest in them?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

They are beautiful animals and I'm rather fascinated by para-critters. That and the fact they are over 2000 years old I'm surprised you even need to ask. They let off an interesting scent earlier, is it some sort of pheremone. Does it mean something?

I must confess I've always been more partial to cats myself but the loyalty canines show to their masters is quite endearing as well.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #24


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian laughs. "Perhaps Glinda has been telling you to much. Oh well, yes, they are older than that and there is no canine-master relationship here. I rescued them from.................something a long time ago and they have rewarded that with friendship, companionship, and loyalty ever since. They are very special. You are quite perceptive to pick up on the scent. It means they like you, which is unsurprising since you bring them bribes, but it does go deeper than just the bacon flavoring. They have accepted you, which is a good thing if we are going to be working together. Ah, the coffee."

She stands and gets the pot, pouring coffee into three shipped mugs and setting them on the table. "Sugar or cream?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Perhaps master is too strong of a word. They clearly recognize you as the Alpha. I don't want to get Glinda into trouble. I believe showing each other trust is a two way street and the foundation of relationships as a whole. I trust you and Glinda as you have trusted me and Darius and Vilna trust me as i have shown trust in them. I shrug as if this is obvious to anyone.

That depends, if it's plain old soy-caf I'll take it with sugar but if you are talking real coffee, well no need to cover up that flavor.

Speaking of trust, I have wrung a number of answers from Glinda here, is there anything you would like to know about me? I don't mind sharing...and frankly I'm wondering how much homework they did before approaching me.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian chuckles. "Yes, they see me as their alpha. And do not worry over Glinda. She is my strong hand and I have never been disappointed in her. And I would never offer soycaf to a guest in my own home, so black it is."

Sian sips from the mug and sighs in contentment. "That is good, if I say so myself. I think the only thing I really need to know about you just now is how fast you are intending to move. I think that Glinda got a bit ahead of herself and should slow down after tonight. I have no real desire to get the attention of the major players until I am ready for that and I hope that is your goal as well."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I've limited my expansion to the two groups I had been scouting out already. I would have approached them soon if not today whether you had come to me or not. I will monitor their activities for a bit, ingratiate myself into their ranks see what talent I can pull from it and reassess at that point. I have been considering offering to train any awakened that might have the Talent, though I'm not much of an instructor, nor am I sure I have the patience for such a task. It is tempting for other reasons, however. Basically I'm focusing on solidifying my position where I am. Even if these new gangs run afoul of a feeder gang for one of the big boys that I haven't heard about there is very little that will blow back on me and could even serve to tie them to me further in the long run.

I'm rather impressed with Glinda, She may have over done it but she beat my slinging record by nearly 200%. For her first day I really didn't expect her to break 3k even with her "uncanny persuasiveness".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Both Glinda and Sian laugh. Sian nods and says, "Yes, she can be quite persuasive when she tries. But I have already warned her about going too fast and I think that will not happen again."

Glinda looks down at the table then back up. "No, I will be more careful. I got carried away. Mistake."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Well I guess I know your darker secrets so I feel honor bound to reveal one of mine own. You know I go by Lizzie, Lizzie Borden to be precise. Do you know who that is? There's an old nursery rhyme about her. Lizzie Borden took an axe/ and gave her mother 40 whacks/When she saw what she had done/ she gave her father 41. Gruesome isn't it. You'd be surprised how many are actually. A few months after I turned 13 our neighborhood was overrun with ghouls. They were monsters. Those of us they didn't turn, they hunted for sport and food, or who knows what else. There was some organlegging stories as well. One day I was able to sneak into my old home, now my parents had always been worthless, they were these big Humanis supporters, neo-catholics...You know superstitious and hateful of anything different.

I found them...eating my little sister, she was a toddler, barely crawling, I thought I was going to vomit. I left, not even thinking of where I was going. I went to the shed in the back grabbed an axe and went back inside, I buried it in my fathers skull. They say that when you chop at someone like that blades get stuck, Not this kind of axe I guess, it's thick wedge shape let me draw it right back up with almost no trouble at all then I buried the axe in my mothers chest. I continued hacking at them for a while. I wasn't sure if they would get back up. My friends found me. There were a lot more than Shelly and Corbin back then, our numbers dwindled as some were caught by the ghouls. I miss them, but not my parents, not a bit. Is that weird?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Both of the other woman are quiet and the thought passes through your mind that it is sometimes difficult to remember that Sian is not 15 and that Glinda is not 22. Sian breaks the silence first. "I am so sorry for your loss. I do not remember my parents, anymore."

Glinda nods and adds. "I remember mine, but not fondly. I did not have a happy childhood. But now I have Sian and life has been so much better."

Glinda goes quiet as she remembers and Sian asks, "So, Lizzie. Do you know what the origin of your real name is, by any chance? Old family name or whim of a parent or something else?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

My parents weren't the loss I suffered. I know Isla is Scottish but that's about it. Isla Sixx, never really thought about it that much. Why?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian gives you an odd look and shakes her head. "Not sure. I have heard the name before. Not sure where. It is somewhat different, isn't it? Scottish, you say?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

I think I had a great grandmother with the name or something. I'm the only person I know with the name but It's not all that uncommon I don't think. There's a river in Scotland called Isla. Queen Elizabeth had a daughter named Isla. That's about all I can think of. Did you know someone with that name maybe?
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post
Imladir
post Jun 12 2017, 04:39 PM
Post #25


Shooting Target
****

Group: Dumpshocked
Posts: 1,812
Joined: 8-July 16
From: Paris, France
Member No.: 200,471



Author: Mercy Merchant

Both women nod but only Sian says anything. "Yes. We did, once. It was a very long time ago. She was.................important.............to us, but she chose a different path and left. You even look a bit like her. It is an interesting coincidence. So, on a different note, are you staying long? I can fix up the spare bedroom if you are."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Oh, no. it's still early for me. I have some things to do at my lab. Business is booming after all. I'm going to have to get a stockpile going so I won't have to cook everyday. I just wanted to visit a bit and spoil the puppies. I have more T-R-E-A-T-S for them when I leave too.

I'm rather glad you two sought me out. I feel a certain level of rapport with the two of you. Perhaps it comes from being able to understand each others existence. I've lived my entire adult life with a small inner circle of friends and the rest being afraid of me. Here you two are, an old hat at the experience. It can color ones outlook on life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Glinda nods and Sian gives a sort of soft, enigmatic smile. "Yes, that is so, I suppose. We have been hiding and running for a long time and from many people and places. So, do you prefer Isla or Lizzie?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

To you two, I can be Isla. It is a name to be used with friends though, everyone else except Corbin and Shelly, I'm Lizzie. Like I've said the name has grown on me, I suppose all real handles are like that. Let's go with Lizzie in general, I'd like to keep Isla for special occasions.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

Sian nods. "So Lizzie it is. More coffee?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Please. Coffee is a vice I don't get to indulge in very often. Mostly because I have no idea where to get it. You will have to tell me the name of your supplier.

Do you ever venture out of the Chinatown Barrens Sian?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

"Glinda brings me the coffee in small bags, but I think that she gets it from a shop in a small creole community on the edge of the sprawl. I rarely leave the Barrens, but on occasion, yes."

Glinda nods. "That is right. And it is small; maybe fifty or sixty people all together."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

You will have to introduce me then sometime. And you are both welcome at my humble abode, should the interest arise. I drink my coffee engage in some chit chat and play with the hell hounds a bit.

Thank you for your hospitality, but I think it is time for me to get so e work done. I reach into my jacket inner pocket and retrieve two more treats for Darius and Vilna as I ready to leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Mercy Merchant

The Hell Hounds eagerly sniff at the offered treats then their tongues will slip from between very sharp teeth to snatch them away. They seem a bit disappointed when you do not offer more. Sian laughs. "That is part of the problem when you offer these two treats. Bring more next time or you may have a riot on your hands. Farewell and goodnight. Glinda will see you home."

The two speak quietly for a few seconds in a language that you do not know then Glinda nods. "Whenever you are ready, Lizzie."

The way back seems a bit off from what you remember coming here tonight, but you are eventually back at the maze of alleyways leading away from here. Back at the entrance, you can see Glinda's car as it idles. As she leads the way, the woman looks over at you. "So, do you want tome company tonight or is that too much of a distraction?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Author: Ennui

Company would be great and your help with the rest of it saved me a lot of time as well. You are welcome any time. Lets go pick up my bike and we can head to my place.
Go to the top of the page
 
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

 



RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th December 2017 - 09:07 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.