Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Free or wild spirit contacts
Savar
post Jul 20 2017, 08:39 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,147

When making a contact that is a spirit, is the connection rating the force? Or how is the force calculated?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jul 20 2017, 10:14 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

You could make the connection rating the force but there isn't any hard and fast rule on it either way. You could make it up or use connection or roll a die or whatever. Up to you as the GM really. Though I wouldn't make a force 1 spirit connection 6 for example so a little common sense should come into play but otherwise, just go with whatever seems right.

+Quote Post
Savar
post Jul 21 2017, 01:37 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 50,147

So...
Could have
contact 3/4
airwave spirit force 4 Nickname "Bogart"
spirit marker 3 (the rules suggest this but do not give cost for this market besides role-playing costs) ?
Char has an old trivid set predating the wireless matrix. That is powered up but not connected to anything for the spirit to communicate through.
Wears an emblem of the spirit as a shoulder patch and had a tattoo on the shoulder.

Is this too much? For 7 karma for a starting char?

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jul 21 2017, 03:27 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

7 karma is nearly a third of your starting karma (without negative qualities) so no I don't think that's too much. Force 4 isn't really that powerful in the realm of spirits anyway. I'd allow it so long as the GM makes sure to play whatever negatives come with the spirit marker.

+Quote Post
Cabral
post Jul 30 2017, 10:27 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,646

This is covered loosely in Forbidden Arcana, but does not reference Force. I think Force is purely determined by the GM. You may have a connection 6 spirit with F1 (unlikely) or F8 or more. I would use connection as a rough guide; since the interactions "feed" the spirit, I would expect a spirit with a lot of contacts to be "bigger."

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:35 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.