Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Ares Owns Dodge?
DWC
post Sep 1 2017, 03:24 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 13,526

So Rigger 5 mentions several times that Ares is releasing vehicles under the Dodge brand, but I can't find anything anywhere else about Ares owning Dodge, or Sony allowing Chrysler-Nissan to sell Dodge to the owner of GM-Honda? Is it buried somewhere inane like Court of Shadows?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Sep 1 2017, 03:33 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

Probably the usual where the writer didn't do their background research.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Sep 1 2017, 09:17 PM
Post #3

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

I believe Ares owning Ford dates back to SR3, but I don't remember Dodge. Perhaps it was a recent acquisition?

+Quote Post
Nath
post Sep 1 2017, 10:41 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

Ford was an independent corporation in SR3 Rigger 3 (page 19) and Corporate Download (page 40). Ares Macrotechnology had (re)acquired General Motors in 2059 to establish its automotive branch (including the Buick, Cadillac and Pontiac brand). Dodge was mentioned as a Chysler-Nissan corporation brand in Shadows of Asia (page 10).

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Sep 1 2017, 11:41 PM
Post #5

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

QUOTE (Nath @ Sep 1 2017, 02:41 PM) *
Ford was an independent corporation in SR3 Rigger 3 (page 19) and Corporate Download (page 40). Ares Macrotechnology had (re)acquired General Motors in 2059 to establish its automotive branch (including the Buick, Cadillac and Pontiac brand). Dodge was mentioned as a Chysler-Nissan corporation brand in Shadows of Asia (page 10).

Ah, must have been General Motors I was remembering. I wonder why Ares hasn't just bought them all and re-purposed them into "Ares Autos" as their flagship car manufacturer.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.