Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Non-human Vampire Attributes (5e)
GiantFlyingHog
post Sep 2 2017, 07:48 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 212,553

So I was looking through Run Faster, and I noticed that while non-human vampires are allowed with GM approval, but the book doesn't list attributes for them. Are all vampires, regardless of metatype, expected to use the normal vampire attributes, or is there something I'm missing?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 2 2017, 09:24 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

They probably omitted the stats because it is an optional rule, and it was already a big table. Just apply metatype bonuses and penalties to the base stats (like they did for the entries for ghouls).

+Quote Post
GiantFlyingHog
post Sep 3 2017, 02:39 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 212,553

Thanks. Thought it might be that, but it seemed strange to list attributes for different types of ghouls and not for vampires.

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post Sep 7 2017, 09:07 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 37,075

Outside of the optional rule, there's no such thing as a non-human vampire in Shadowrun. Vampirism, in Shadowrun, is the product of HMHVV Strain I. The virus has different impacts on the various metatypes:

Human ➜ Vampire
Elf ➜ Banshee
Dwarf ➜ Goblin
Ork ➜ Wendigo
Troll ➜ Dzoo-noo-qua

That's why the attribute table on p. 135 of Run Faster doesn't break out the various metatypes for the non-ghoul Infected like it does for ghouls. Ghouls are the product of HMHVV Strain III, which affects metatypes more consistently than HMHVV Strains I, Ia, and II.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.