Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just noticed, Technomancers
Savar
post Oct 27 2017, 02:22 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,147

Just noticed that the provisional Technomancer changes had been made official. Plus another change boosting starting Technomancer skills.

Will this make that much of a difference? To how people feel about them?

The fading did make a big difference.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 27 2017, 09:09 AM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

i basically have no idea what you're talking about.

+Quote Post
Savar
post Oct 27 2017, 03:03 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Sorry

http://forums.shadowruntabletop.com/index.php?topic=24595.60

Official errata for 5th ed. Core book

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Oct 27 2017, 03:22 PM
Post #4

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

I think that changes are a good thing.
Having played nothing but a Technomancer in 5th Edition, I think that the fading values were greatly needed, and the additional Chargen options are awesome.
Now if we can get the Technomancer book out, it would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Savar
post Oct 27 2017, 04:12 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 27 2017, 10:22 AM) *
Having played nothing but a Technomancer in 5th Edition, I think that the fading values were greatly needed, and the additional Chargen options are awesome.
Now if we can get the Technomancer book out, it would be great. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

YES

Now if I could find a pbp to play one in (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Oct 27 2017, 05:45 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

Considering that the changes to fading are a year old now, that was nice.

The change for technomancers in Priority is also nice, but meaningless for those who don't use that build system.
QUOTE (Tymeaus Jalynsfein @ Oct 27 2017, 09:22 AM) *
+1

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Oct 28 2017, 02:20 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

well, it helps i guess.

i'm still not convinced playing a technomancer isn't giving yourself a gigantic handicap, but i suppose it is less of a handicap now.

even with the previous fading reductions, still too many drawbacks. you can still build a decker that will be easily competitive in the matrix, and massively superior in just about any other situation, and then after chargen can actually scale with money (even if not extremely well, it's still there) while technomancers still only scale on karma.

if catalyst don't want technomancers to be gods in the matrix, they need to let them be effective in more places than just the matrix. this change will help them be effective in the matrix at a lower cost, but it isn't enough for them to suddenly be able to afford to bump the rest of their skills up to compete with what a good decker can do in the meatworld with greatly superior attributes. it doesn't compensate for needing to spend points on resonance instead of edge (or just having a bunch of free stuff to put elsewhere), or for being locked out of magic, or for being harshly punished for using cyberware and bioware. it doesn't prevent them from needing to spend attribute points to get all of their mental stats high, thus preventing them from getting good physical stats (combined with the previously mentioned drawbacks of augmenting their physical stats by other means).

it's better than it was before. but a few more skill points is not going to bridge the gap.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Oct 29 2017, 07:10 PM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

Heh, I thought you had just discovered the old errata on fading and skills, but that was indeed news (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Would be interesting to see how that affects the actually usable chargen systems, but it will take some time till Patrick comes around to R&G...

+Quote Post
Savar
post Oct 30 2017, 04:32 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Oct 29 2017, 02:10 PM) *
Heh, I thought you had just discovered the old errata on fading and skills, but that was indeed news (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Would be interesting to see how that affects the actually usable chargen systems, but it will take some time till Patrick comes around to R&G...

Two of them where old news, but got changed from probationary to official. The skills where new. Of course the two changes only matter of your using a version of the priority system.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.