Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Weapon concept
Savar
post Nov 22 2017, 09:33 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,147

Okay I seen the one staff that had stun batons on the ends.

I was thinking a staff with an integrated taser w/laser sight on one end, disguised, and a disguised stun baton on the other end. Maybe the the disguises are partially retractable sheaths that require wireless to retract.

1155¥ by the individual pieces. What would a reasonable price be for an armorer to make it? Or skills and equipment for a char to make?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Savar
post Nov 23 2017, 02:02 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

For the taser end would that be exotic ranged or pistol? To use.
Tasers use pistol but it's a radically diffrent shape.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Nov 23 2017, 04:19 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

You could hold it like a rifle though, aim along the shaft etc.
But i am firmly against making anything wireless a requirement.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Nov 23 2017, 05:03 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Savar @ Nov 22 2017, 10:33 PM) *
Okay I seen the one staff that had stun batons on the ends.

I was thinking a staff with an integrated taser w/laser sight on one end, disguised, and a disguised stun baton on the other end. Maybe the the disguises are partially retractable sheaths that require wireless to retract.

1155¥ by the individual pieces. What would a reasonable price be for an armorer to make it? Or skills and equipment for a char to make?

Balance wise I don't see a reason for a huge markup over the individual components. That leaves the cost of taking the stunner out from one of the ends of a Stun Staff and putting in a taser, plus a few plastic pieces and servos...another 500 maybe?

And yes, Exotic Ranged sounds like a better fit than pistols -- even longarms would probably be closer to the handling of that staff than pistols (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Nov 24 2017, 08:57 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I would concur that the taser end would use the exotic ranged weapon skill - just like gun canes and shooting bracers do.

I am not fond of wireless bonuses either, but if you use them, I would make them consistent with the existing ones - retracting the sheaths should take a simple action without wireless, but a free action with wireless enabled. Also, the stun baton end will recharge by induction, and the taser will give you basic health/Condition Monitor information about the target upon a successful hit.

I think Sengir is about right on the price to purchase one. Making one would probably require the armorer and hardware skills, with at least a shop for each skill, and an appropriate knowledge skill (or skills) for designing it.

+Quote Post
Savar
post Nov 25 2017, 02:13 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Thank you all, now with that idea, I think I will take an appropriate contact and do the cost.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 10:20 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.