> Irenas
Savar
post Jan 5 2018, 05:13 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,147

[ Spoiler ]

I know both my parents. They are loyal wage slaves to that corp. They sold me to the corp to get the inside track. Drek parents, don't think they fully understood what happened but later they found out and like good little drones they left me there to rot.

So there I am in a lab because I can see/feel/hear radio waves. I try to escape into the local network thru had setup for testing is technomancers and some emergent animals they had captured. They see what they can do to my meat while my soul is in the machine, I have seen some of it through cameras they had tied into the network. I am surprised I didn't get pregnant with some of the actions. Two things came of that, the Hate and in my view, my body became a weapon. Both of those things some people consider bad but they are good for trying to get up in the world so I can take out that division by whatever means I can acquire.

So there I am as a lab rat running the mazes learning the tricks that I can, haven’t figured out sprites yet. I learn what I can and watch waiting for a time I can leave. Then I find a chink in the Faraday cage, I learn more. I watch personal interactions and see how to influence them.

After years of this life I great a break. Alarms start sounding and the lab techs leave the room without leaving a guard for me. I manage to get my cage door open, I had know how to but could not without the guard noticing. I grabbed one of the spare coats, some electronics parts and ran out of the lab. Flashing lights and sounds of explosions greeted me. I had learned a path out when digging through the keyhole in the Faraday cage. On my way out of the complex I fried as much as I could. When I got outside I looked around and seen that there was one fast looking vehicle. That was the one I headed for hoping I could convince the autopilot to listen to me a fly me out of here. That almost got me killed, the only reason I survived was I was unarmed and with just a lab coat on not vary dressed, and I could freeze a lot of people with just my looks.

As I was trying to get him to let me in a drone came around a corner he shot at it, missing. I threw a spike at it, it sputtered and died. Jimmy looked at me funny and said he could make adjustments so I could come with. I climbed in and he started to move things around in the back to free up another seat. He showed me how to buckle, and told me to stay there. I buckled up and went it to the matrix to see what was going on.

There was a war going on, the team that Jimmy had brought had triggered some alarms and was in a running firefight. My escape had been noticed and there was some confusion that they were trying to extract me as well as the piece of prototype they had grabbed. Then they started dying, the last one didn't even get within visual distance of the vehicle. Jimmy decided it was a great time to leave. I took out the electronics on two pursuit vehicles as we fled into the wilderness.

In Seattle I stayed with Jimmy a few weeks until Kreg scared me up a cheap id, some of the electronics bits I had grabbed was worth some credits. Warming Jimmy’s bed got me some time to work my way through a few things. I met Sam a pretty nice bartender he agreed to let me fill in when a waitress was out. He also let me work out a few deals with a back room for a cut. I have been trying some performances there on amateur night.

In my search for more information on what I might be able to do I found a decker Sally we have been working with each other learning what we can.

I am free. I am learning. Someday New Dawn will burn! Until then I will do what I need to, so that I can thrive.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jan 6 2018, 10:46 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Not optimized (others could probably help you out better if you want more optimization), but seems to fit the background... mostly.

Sperethiel as her native language seems a bit odd. It would make sense for someone raised in an elven culture, or even an elven household, but you have her as the offspring of two corporate drones, and then a corporate lab rat. I would probably switch those two around (English: N and Sperethiel: 5), unless there is some overriding reason in her background that is not in the synopsis you posted.

The combat monster flaw is the other thing that doesn't seem to fit. You already have vendetta to quantify the character's hatred of her ex-captors. She doesn't even have any combat skills. All she can do is roll 2 dice (defaulting) to attack. Even in the matrix, this flaw could be a fatal one (there will be times when it is imperative to log out right away).

+Quote Post
Savar
post Jan 7 2018, 02:41 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 50,147

QUOTE (Glyph @ Jan 6 2018, 04:46 PM) *
Not optimized (others could probably help you out better if you want more optimization), but seems to fit the background... mostly.

Sperethiel as her native language seems a bit odd. It would make sense for someone raised in an elven culture, or even an elven household, but you have her as the offspring of two corporate drones, and then a corporate lab rat. I would probably switch those two around (English: N and Sperethiel: 5), unless there is some overriding reason in her background that is not in the synopsis you posted.

New Dawn is in Tír Tairngire, her parents who became managers are Elven

The combat monster flaw is the other thing that doesn't seem to fit. You already have vendetta to quantify the character's hatred of her ex-captors. She doesn't even have any combat skills. All she can do is roll 2 dice (defaulting) to attack. Even in the matrix, this flaw could be a fatal one (there will be times when it is imperative to log out right away).

She has cybercombat at 6.

And yes some of the 1st things she is would do is get get some handgun and blade skills and equipment. She is new to the street, if I would get to play her would work with GM on how new she is and maybe adjust things and such.

She also needs to get a better SIN.

Combat monster in an ice swarm, not good 😀!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:16 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.