Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bear Box
Stingray
post Mar 3 2018, 02:35 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,002

Hello u All!! One of my Players want to have large travelling case..after thinking about it, i remember tv- show
100 miles from nowwhere ™ and their Bear Box. Any1 know maker of it or some info of it: Grateful of any info... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Mar 3 2018, 06:58 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

You want info on the show or the boxes?
Here is google on the show.
As for the boxes, they are probably just prop pieces made for the show.

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Mar 3 2018, 08:00 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

QUOTE (Stingray @ Mar 3 2018, 09:35 AM) *
Hello u All!! One of my Players want to have large travelling case..after thinking about it, i remember tv- show
100 miles from nowwhere ™ and their Bear Box. Any1 know maker of it or some info of it: Grateful of any info... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

What does he want the traveling case to do? If it's just a fancy suitcase, let him have it. Tell him the cost was part of his lifestyle payment. It only needs stats if it's going to be used in play.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Mar 4 2018, 05:29 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 17,709

Are we talking about an ingame purchase or something to carry gaming materials with? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Mar 4 2018, 06:41 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Luggage (nice) in Run Faster is 500 Nuyen - I would double that price if it is very large-sized, then charge, say, 100 Nuyen per point for armoring it, and the cost of mechanical locks or MagLocks (or both) and a biometric reader, or any other extras.

But that's only if we're talking major, Joe and the Volcano-type, might-be-plot-relevant luggage. Otherwise, like Tanegar said, just give it to him as part of lifestyle (or charge him the base cost of luggage (nice) if lifestyle is Low or worse).

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Mar 8 2018, 09:58 AM
Post #6

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

from some quick research, i'm not sure if you're all on the same page with this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

from what i can tell, the premise of the show is that these guys run for like a day straight through the wilderness and at the end of the day when they get to their destination, there is a box full of extremely high calorie food waiting for them (presumably the box is reasonably bear proof, which would explain why it is called a bear box).

so either fancy luggage is not what the OP is looking for, or the OP probably shouldn't be looking for a bear box (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

(if a bear box *is* what the OP is looking for, presumably that means we should be looking at the cost to have a secure package dropped off to remote areas where there is nobody there (yet) to receive them. which probably has a lot of variables)

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Mar 8 2018, 10:08 AM
Post #7

Runner

The OP said it's a traveling case.

On top of that, the "box of food" is definitely something I'd handwave. If a player insisted on taking up playtime with this idea, he and I would need to step away from the table for a little chat.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Mar 9 2018, 04:57 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Mar 8 2018, 05:08 AM) *
The OP said it's a traveling case.

On top of that, the "box of food" is definitely something I'd handwave. If a player insisted on taking up playtime with this idea, he and I would need to step away from the table for a little chat.

well, presuming the OP is only thinking of food in the bear box, yeah.

on the other hand, if they know they're about to do a run in the salish wilderness and would like a few cases of ammunition and weapons delivered to various sets of coordinates in the salish wilderness so that the runner doesn't need to carry it through security in person, i imagine that would be something you wouldn't handwave so readily (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Mar 9 2018, 07:03 AM
Post #9

Runner

QUOTE (Jaid @ Mar 8 2018, 11:57 PM) *
well, presuming the OP is only thinking of food in the bear box, yeah.

on the other hand, if they know they're about to do a run in the salish wilderness and would like a few cases of ammunition and weapons delivered to various sets of coordinates in the salish wilderness so that the runner doesn't need to carry it through security in person, i imagine that would be something you wouldn't handwave so readily (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Ammo and weapons, sure. I'm always happy to roleplay good legwork. But there are no rules for starvation, because it frankly isn't interesting. You want to have a box of food delivered out in the woods? Deduct 1,000 nuyen. You just hired somebody to do it.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.