IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Campaign organizing on the go?, What do my fellow GMs do?
Arkeus
post Feb 5 2019, 12:13 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 221,488

I have to be honest, most of my ideas come to me while at work, or on the go and not while I'm at home. My question is what do you guys do for organizing your campaigns or runs, your NPCs, etc.? I'm an android user and have been playing around with Pocket Campaigns but it's a little clunky for Shadowrun.

Also, we've been dabbling in 3rd edition and are going to start running a 3rd edition game with my buddies and I've been curious about "grunts". What do you guys do about those? I haven't seen any in the 3rd edition rulebook.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
KCKitsune
post Feb 5 2019, 02:45 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 15,665

Notepad if I'm at a computer & Yahoo email on android when I'm not.

+Quote Post
Forgotten_Lore
post Feb 5 2019, 06:27 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 8,067

I use google docs for everything, one for the players another for me, one tab for all your needs.

Mine has tabs for:
Random run ideas
NPC's
Rumors, then i can put where and when they heard it

Players has tabs for:
Total Karma Earned
Group Items
Rumors
Current run details
Tab for each past runs to look at for reference

Many more than what is listed but you get the idea. Both players and I can access from phone or tablet, just need WIFI. Easy to paste stuff into when at home, and I can use laptop or desktop and not have to transfer anything back and forth.

Edit-Oh and I can copy a tab from mine to theirs for easy transfer of information. Almost forgot to add I use one of the players tabs as a battle map. We can all see it, makes ranging things easy, have initiative on the left side, change colors of squares for stunned/blind/ etc..

+Quote Post
nylanfs
post Feb 6 2019, 07:03 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 16,576

https://www.notebook.ai/

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Feb 7 2019, 11:16 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,812

Notepad document on a flash drive, with regular back-ups.

+Quote Post
Arkeus
post Feb 8 2019, 08:09 PM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 221,488

Thanks guys for the responses. I like that Notepad.ai one, and after taking a look at it I realized its not all that different from Pocket Campaign. Good idea on the backups though. I'm trying to figure out how to backup my stuff. I lost my 5th edition campaign notes by not having them backed up.

I think I'm going to make another topic with my question regarding grunts/npcs since it's a different topic all together.

Edit: It turns out I don't need to make a new topic. The search function works rather well. I found a couple cool topics discussing grunts in older editions and they spoke about some stat blocks and professional levels that might be in the companion book, which I need to check out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:56 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.