Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Sixth World Beginner Box Errors?
daddystabz
post Jul 18 2019, 02:42 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,246

The SR Beginner Box for 6e is now available on DriveThruRPG and currently is getting slammed in review for being riddled with errors.

Is there a list anywhere I can look at that shows what errors have been found so far? Are there issues with the pre-made characters as well? I'd love to be able to reference a list.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AquaBlack0B
post Jul 19 2019, 05:26 PM
Post #2

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 221,644

It's mostly stuff being left out, or C+V'ed incorrectly. I only have the ebook version right now, so what I've seen isn't going to include any printing quality issues:

• Flamestrike spell description is the description of an armor spell
  • Matrix damage/damage monitor is not explained
  • It does not explain defense tests- it's still Reaction + Intuition, but this is not a good thing to leave out of QSR. This is why you have new people playtest, not just the writers or AP'ers who have been doing SR for awhile.
  • The adventure hook doesn't serve as a very good hook- this can be tweaked, but isn't a good choice for something to introduce new GMs and players into the game
  • Character tactics don't match mechanics available- not including a few systems like Spirits is forgivable, but don't have in your tips section to new players "Frostburn will summon spirits"
  • A couple of typos here and there that I can't remember
  • A lot of the premade characters are missing stats- like, are just blank. These are for things like 'Unarmed', or 'DV' on weapons. Again, this would be forgivable and fixable if the QSR stated how to calculate these, but they did not.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:54 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.