IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Your notes to yourself, What Strangeness is in yours?
Iduno
post Sep 25 2019, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,812

I can't be the only person who keeps notes with partial ideas for potential future use (hardcopy or electronic).

Most of mine are:
adding character to NPCs (like my note that one NPC should "call all computer viruses 'bacteria' instead.")
ideas for introducing players new to Shadowrun to the world (Have the group meet a Johnson at a bar who needs an "ork problem" taken care of. Instead of needing to kill the ork like the trope would suggest, the ork "was like that when I found him.")
runs based on TV or movies (Worker got drunk, and called their boss. Luckily, they called the boss' voicemail. The PCs must distract the boss while the decker find and deletes the information.).

What do you have?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Sep 25 2019, 10:01 PM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

Ways to make SR/MLP Crossovers.
SR/MLP/Horror Crossover.
Bad plays on words using Street Names.
AI disgusing self as actual Decker using Drones and Projectors to interact with Meat-Space.
Pixie disguising self as Troll using an Anthroform Drone modded with internal controls and Troll-Looks.
Mundane using cyber to emulate magic tricks.
Someone using cyber to make his voice a weapon and also out of synch with his own lip movements like in old eastern movies.
Someone using cyber to make their face basically just a display and using emoticons to communicate . . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) | ?_? | (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) | LOL! |
Someone seeing that and taking it a step further using cyber to make his whole body appear not as a sharp image to anyone.

I had at some point somewhere done a complete writeup of a meeting place i called the hole in the ground.
Basically a Bar type of location with an oval shaped room with no corners for anybody to lurk in the shadows.
And a hole in the center from which orders are levitated up to the customers tables. And a shotgun if needed.

I also had at some point a complete writeup of an A to AA Level Corp which was based on Trolls and Orks and combat biking and Spike Wheels connections.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Sep 29 2019, 09:26 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Iduno @ Sep 25 2019, 11:03 PM) *
runs based on TV or movies

Hmm, I put together some stuff based on Payday: The Heist that's probably still lying around somewhere...

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Oct 1 2019, 03:45 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,812

I've got a bit of time, and my notes are at hand. Here's some of the stuff I've got currently:

A campaign based on The Italian Job (the original). The movie appears to be made for people who think "*I* could do that better."

An unwritten campaign based around the idea of a gonzo news team. I think it would end up being fairly open-ended and player-driven, with a few stories available for them to report on/join in on (probably chosen by the PCs the previous week, so I have time to write stuff up).

The unattributed quote I found online somewhere "We had no idea how long they had been there. We found them jacked in, emaciated and sitting in pools of their own festering excriment. They had terrific scores."

A campaign (based on an idea from R.O.D. the TV series) that starts with a race to capture certain people with extraordinary powers (one maxed stat) and bring in certain equipment (either cloning stuff, or theme stuff for the NPCs) in whatever order the players think would be best. I have some plans for modelling how well their competitors have done. I planned on having the targets becoming aware people are after them (or even of the bounty on them) as time goes on, making jobs more difficult. Or perhaps impossible if the target died, requiring them to get DNA from historical figures. The second portion would be downtime and personal missions while the clones were grown, then the third part would be taking down the now-souped-up versions of the clones the players helped create.

Also, a list of shows for being a face (posted elsewhere on dumpshock): Hustle (tv), The Sting (movie), and The Mick (tv). It also includes a few specific things I saw that were entertaining (Reverse pickpocket someone, get hit by them or a friend, then report them to the authorities for mugging. This can be used to distract the guards (they are now responding to a different crime), get other things along with the "stolen" item (he stole my commlink and ebony credstick), and get the mark out of the way.).

I also have part of a write-up for a Battletech campaign set during the Jolly Roger Affair, where all of the players are secretly spies for different factions. It's mostly a self-challenge. Writing up a mission where "is secretly a spy" matters to one player without the other players knowing isn't easy. More difficult when you need 4. Once a player realizes there are 2 spies (themselves and someone else), they'll probably at least suspect everyone is one. It's also tempting to have everyone except one player knowingly being an agent for their side.

Edit: Also, I found the words "how secure is the place next door?"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:23 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.