Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Karma Costs for First Bonding
Acenoid
post May 14 2020, 12:53 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 133,691

Ok, maybe I have a black out, but I cannot figure out why the karma costs for binding foci are different in the first bonding table and the accompanied text in MITS on page 45?

For example:
Centering focus text: 3x force // first bonding table: Centering 5x force
Anchoring focus text: 1x resp. 3x force // first bonding table: Anchoring 2x force resp. 5x force
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Kren Cooper
post May 14 2020, 10:29 AM
Post #2

Wordsmith

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,740

QUOTE (Acenoid @ May 14 2020, 01:53 AM) *
Ok, maybe I have a black out, but I cannot figure out why the karma costs for binding foci are different in the first bonding table and the accompanied text in MITS on page 45?

For example:
Centering focus text: 3x force // first bonding table: Centering 5x force
Anchoring focus text: 1x resp. 3x force // first bonding table: Anchoring 2x force resp. 5x force

Anchoring and Centering foci were both "new" in MITS, and not listed in the SR3 rulebook. So the values given in the text is if you buy them from a talislegger or loot them from the mages you geeked first during play. That's the "standard" bonding cost.

The first bonding costs are different - but they're different for all of the foci types, which are all given in the first bonding cost table on P45.

so - if you're first bonding as an item is being made, use P45 table.
If you're bonding an item made a while ago (that had been first bonded by someone else) - then use the values in the text, which tie in with the ones in the main rulebook.

And, while on the subject of first bonding costs - I have updated my SR3 crunch calculator as we actually got some downtime in my Smuggler game, and the mage made 2 foci - so I added an extra page to do the maths on the talismongering > refining > radicals > design > enchanting process to make it easier to work. The link in the other post should let you get the updated copy (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Acenoid
post May 14 2020, 04:47 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 133,691

Thanks you for the response and the update!

+Quote Post
tisoz
post May 15 2020, 04:43 PM
Post #4

Free Spirit

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,920

Also, there are things that can reduce the first Bonding cost to next to nothing.

I just had a thought for the Cash to Karma and Karma to Cash issue. The Magic guy could offer cash to other team members to have them use some of their karma to pay for the first bonding.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:40 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.