Reply to this topicStart new topic
> best 'ware discount (4E), Chrome without the essence cost
FuelDrop
post Jun 7 2020, 01:36 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

So I have been playing around trying to get the best essence discount I can for Cyberware.

So far I've managed to get it down to a theoretical 80% reduction: EPE Adapsin (10%) + Biocompatibility (10%) + Cyberware package (10%) + Deltaware (50%)

Is there anything I've missed? And yes I know that you'd need to get a custom cyberware package before you get your hands on Delta in a package, but going for theoretical max here.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jun 7 2020, 06:18 AM
Post #2

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

Nah, that's pretty much it. Ronin works like Biocompatibility, but is not compatible. So you can use it to get 10% off both Cyberware and Bioware.

Also keep in mind that the best Essence discount is having both Bioware and Cyberware, as the lower part of the equation only costs half of the total.

While Delta packages are possible, the problem is that Cyberware Suites by RAW are not made to character needs, so any essence savings are offset by 'unwanted' implants:
QUOTE (Augmentation, p. 48)
Cyberware Suite Rules
While the cyberware suites introduced below represent only a sampling of the many available in the back-alleys, clinics, and treatment rooms of the Sixth World, the gamemaster should always keep in mind that cyberware suites — even those of highgrades — are not designed to a runner’s needs, but are standardized packages the cyberware manufacturer develops with a potential consumer in mind, be they corporate employees or the customers off the street.

+Quote Post
Jaid
post Jun 7 2020, 06:34 AM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 7,813

yes. because as we all know, black ops organizations are totally into buying completely unnecessary cyberware. that's just common knowledge.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jun 7 2020, 06:46 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

Some cyberware packages are pretty good for beginner runners. Particularly if you're using Way of the Samurai as a source.

Anyway, thanks for confirming I didn't miss anything. Didn't want to make a mistake during character creation and not have something that would pay dividends down the line.

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jun 7 2020, 06:51 AM
Post #5

Hoppelhäschen 5000

QUOTE (Jaid @ Jun 7 2020, 08:34 AM) *
yes. because as we all know, black ops organizations are totally into buying completely unnecessary cyberware. that's just common knowledge.

Indeed it is - what is considered necessary by the people that actually work for a living is considered unnecessary by the pencil pushers... and vice-versa. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

One size fit's all is a time-tested method - think of the cost saving!

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Jun 7 2020, 06:53 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,002

..Augmentation p.31 considering Spinrad.." Among their diverse offerings,
Spin Shop bodyshops even provide custom designed cybersuites under
the Soroyama brand - though I hear waiting list is mile long"

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jun 7 2020, 06:59 AM
Post #7

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Good catch... if you have a castle imported from France, your body deserves no less. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:14 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.