IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Things We are no longer allowed to do on the 'Run, Hand of God on an old thread.
FuelDrop
post Jun 22 2020, 03:06 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

So I figured I would revamp an old thread to get some traffic back on the site. So here we are again, listing things we are no longer allowed to do in Shadowrun.

1) I will no longer make a character severely allergic to the substance he is addicted to.
2) Despite the pretty lights, I am no longer allowed to load the minigun with ONLY tracer ammunition.
3) Despite what it says in the rulebook, I cannot have my face talk exclusively after consulting their Emotitoy.
4) Despite what it says in the rulebook, I cannot have Lofwyr as a Friend For Life level contact at character creation.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jun 22 2020, 09:03 AM
Post #2

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

5.) No double Digit Perception Values. No, you can not smell what the Rock is cooking!
6.) Slipspray is a substance that has been banned as a warcrime worldwide after what you did with it!
7.) No more loading up a Squirt or Needle Gun with a mix of DMSO and Glue! That is just needlessly cruel!
8.) Damn it, we agreed not to do a zombie apocalypse, do not attempt to get a crop duster and a Ghoul again!

+Quote Post
Blade
post Jun 22 2020, 03:17 PM
Post #3

Runner

Member No.: 9,466

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jun 22 2020, 05:06 AM) *
1) I will no longer make a character severely allergic to the substance he is addicted to.

Even if he can cast "alleviate allergy" to decide if he wants to suffer from the allergy, the addiction or sustaining the spell? Of course, he could use a sustaining focus, but then he should also have a focus addiction (and focus made in the substance he's addicted and allergic to).

Also: "I will no longer make a character severely allergic to air"

4) Despite what it says in the rulebook, I cannot have Lofwyr as a Friend For Life level contact at character creation.

Also works for "Jimmy, the Thor-shot operator"

+Quote Post
Tiralee
post Jun 25 2020, 01:50 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,585

9: Fire is nobody's friend. Nor is an army of screaming, self-immolating ghoul children.

- Love "Jimmy the Ex-THOR shot operator" as a contact. Why Ex? Well, he did a buddy a solid and it sorta had a lot more blow back than his security clearance could stand. But hey, it's what buddies do.

-Tir

+Quote Post
binarywraith
post Jul 1 2020, 09:02 AM
Post #5

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,659

10. "Plan D" is not universally understood to be a kick to the genitals followed by stealing the target's wallet.

Especially when the target is a dragon.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 1 2020, 11:55 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (binarywraith @ Jul 1 2020, 05:02 PM) *
10. "Plan D" is not universally understood to be a kick to the genitals followed by stealing the target's wallet.

Especially when the target is a dragon.

Duh. Plan D is Demolitions.

Plan A is plan Awesome: The team gets in and out without dropping any bodies or leaving any trace.
Plan B is plan Backup: Something went wrong with plan A but you manage to more or less salvage things.
Plan C is plan Combat: Okay, now there's lead in the air. Sometimes a run involves dropping some bodies, nothing wrong with that.
Plan D is plan Demolitions: Grenades, C4, maybe even rockets. Forget quiet, but sometimes fast trumps quiet.
Plan E is plan Escape: The run is a failure, but working together you can probably all get out alive. Get to the Evac and get out ASAP before things get worse.
Plan F is plan Failure: Things got worse. You're a man down. Before you get out of here you'll probably lose another. Try and avoid being one of the bodies hitting the floor.

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Jul 16 2020, 01:00 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,133

When the rigger says "Wait for my signal" and someone asks "What's the signal?" The rigger is no longer allowed to answer "Oh you'll know..."

+Quote Post
Rotbart van Dain...
post Jul 17 2020, 10:44 AM
Post #8

Hoppelhäschen 5000

Member No.: 5,951

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 1 2020, 01:55 PM) *
Plan A is plan Awesome: The team gets in and out without dropping any bodies or leaving any trace.
Plan B is plan Backup: Something went wrong with plan A but you manage to more or less salvage things.
Plan C is plan Combat: Okay, now there's lead in the air. Sometimes a run involves dropping some bodies, nothing wrong with that.
Plan D is plan Demolitions: Grenades, C4, maybe even rockets. Forget quiet, but sometimes fast trumps quiet.
Plan E is plan Escape: The run is a failure, but working together you can probably all get out alive. Get to the Evac and get out ASAP before things get worse.
Plan F is plan Failure: Things got worse. You're a man down. Before you get out of here you'll probably lose another. Try and avoid being one of the bodies hitting the floor.

Very sweet - might steal that.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 17 2020, 01:17 PM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Rotbart van Dainig @ Jul 17 2020, 06:44 PM) *
Very sweet - might steal that.

Feel free. I conducted a run to get it in the first place.

+Quote Post
Acenoid
post Jul 17 2020, 04:26 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 133,691

I will never cut a deal with a dragon. - However during our last campaign we did; I never trusted him and in the end we were almost blown to bits by some kind of trap (bomb). So the dragon just used us as bait and told us before hand, this device is (amongst other things) calling help. Anyways we got out alive with some lucky electornic checks, however and that is the funny part - my character ran away as far as he could from the dragon and the others happily agreed to enter permanent employment for him (for one last mission).

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:18 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.