Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Illusionist rigger, I define reality!
FuelDrop
post Feb 21 2021, 03:55 AM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

So I had a bit of a thought recently, after watching a certain marvel movie: can you make a rigger who is basically able to define reality around him?

My basic idea is a bunch of Ford LEBD-1 drones armed with grenade launchers (maybe Ares Alphas for firepower + underbarrel launchers), smoke projectors, chameleon coating and most importantly, outfitted with holo projectors. These are the core of your reality altering powers. Working together they can generate a fairly realistic hologram within 5 meters while staying relatively hidden themselves. Let's say you have 8 of these as your starting loadout, since your rating 5 link is only going to be able to handle 10 subscriptions at a time anyway.

The game here is to use your drones in tandem to create large scale holograms. 8 drones creating a 5 meter radius each of hologram is a pretty solid area, and they can each pop smoke to make it harder to see through said holograms (after all, getting 2 hits is far harder when you're trying to make it out through a cloud of smoke). Then there's the grenade launchers, filled with chem grenades packing Freeze Foam or Barrier Foam. You can now create barriers at will out of "thin air". You are also telekinetic, since each cloaked drone has an arm to remotely manipulate objects. This means that your illusions can perform at least basic interactions with the environment.

Not a practical build, but a very fun concept to play around with. Definitely a non standard character design.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Feb 21 2021, 03:29 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,812

Interesting idea.

Force wall might also be useful for making illusions appear to be solid.

+Quote Post
Ka_ge2020
post Feb 22 2021, 05:50 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 8,264

Ohhhh... That movie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (Love it!)

Would this involve AR? Indeed, how advanced is AR in Shadowrun?

The reason that I ask that was in Cybergenertion "Virtuality" was all about using tech to blend reality virtually, so mixing this with holograms etc. would be really cool.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Feb 22 2021, 10:20 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

QUOTE (Ka_ge2020 @ Feb 22 2021, 01:50 PM) *
Ohhhh... That movie. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) (Love it!)

Would this involve AR? Indeed, how advanced is AR in Shadowrun?

The reason that I ask that was in Cybergenertion "Virtuality" was all about using tech to blend reality virtually, so mixing this with holograms etc. would be really cool.

Bringing in AR makes sense. Might need a hacker for some of it of course, but should be plenty doable.

Interesting idea.

Force wall might also be useful for making illusions appear to be solid.

I'd hoped to avoid bringing magic into it if I could, because illusions are normally the domain of magic anyway and the concept I had for the character was someone who wished desperately that they had magic but... well, they don't. And thus they are using tech to fake it. I imagine them being the sort to delight in out-doing illusionists at their own game, among other things.

Obviously their outfit is a Teg-Mentum (from Attitude, basically an outfit composed of holoprojectors)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 04:10 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.