Reply to this topicStart new topic
> 4e karmagen challenge, Ultimate Mundane Generalist
Iduno
post Mar 14 2021, 04:28 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,812

Using standard 4e karmagen (errata'd, so metatype is karma=BP cost), try to create a starting character who can use every (non-magic/resonance) active skill with a reasonable dice pool. If you take skillwires, take the add-on that lets you use edge with them. You also need some equipment and a lifestyle, because we want a (theoretically) playable character in our theory crafting here.

Your score is the lowest dice pool you roll for any skill. If you can roll 20 in pistols, but have only 4 dice for running because you need to default, you get 4 points.

See what you can accomplish. Chummer or similar makes the calculations a lot easier. You don't need to post your results, but it's more fun if you do.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Mar 14 2021, 07:51 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

I got 10 points, if I/chummer did the math right. 10 dice is the best you can do with a decker straight out of chargen, but it'll be expensive to upgrade to 12.

I didn't do as much with transgenics (Pushed and Qualia would have helped quite a bit) as I could have, and didn't do anything with nanites. I also tried to avoid getting too hard into Runner's Companion, although I ended up needing money badly enough that I maxed out Day Job to pay off a large amount of In Debt. Started as an elf, but I ended up with more agility than I needed, and dropped down to human. I do at least have 4 extra karma left to round out knowledge skills or have a single contact. Someone should be able to do better, but this is a quick and dirty first attempt.

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Gear, etc.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Mar 23 2021, 08:50 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

Do you count shenanigans with machine sprites? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Mar 23 2021, 10:33 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (Sengir @ Mar 23 2021, 03:50 PM) *
Do you count shenanigans with machine sprites? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

Curious what you can pull off with them, so sure. The issue you'll probably run into is the bonus to a skill being capped at half of the skill. Unless sprites are one of the types of bonuses that aren't limited?

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Mar 24 2021, 08:05 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Iduno @ Mar 23 2021, 11:33 PM) *
Curious what you can pull off with them, so sure. The issue you'll probably run into is the bonus to a skill being capped at half of the skill. Unless sprites are one of the types of bonuses that aren't limited?

Machine sprites have the Autosoft power, with that you can already take care of vehicle, combat, and (via the [Profession] autosoft from UW) technical skills. Might give it a try over the next days (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:31 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.