> The Found Arcana - Fifth Interlude [IC]
Tecumseh
post May 14 2021, 11:07 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 37,075

<<Sunday Morning - January 1, 2079 - Touristville, Redmond>>

It was a raucous night in Touristville. In addition to the usual Saturday night revelries, it was also New Years' Eve. There were guns and drugs and guns and alcohol and guns and BTLs and fireworks and all sort of local fun. At midnight (and at 1am and 2am and 3am...), it seemed like the whole neighborhood went go outside to fire off guns into the air. Who knows where all of the bullets landed.

But for all the noise and commotion, there was relatively little violence. With the Crimson Crush and Urubia's coalition in control, there were no turf wars, no territorial disputes, no Halloweeners throwing Molotov cocktails for dreks and giggles. Noise and excess, yes. But comparatively little bloodshed. New year, new world? That remains to be seen.

It's been a week since your time at Pike Hall and the contrast between the two worlds is stark. Bobby is back and has rejoined the agency. Mato, in turn, took off for the mountains. While he secretly dreamed of going to Hawai'i, he instead returned to Cascade Ork lands.

"I'm going to track Bonita, if I can," he tells the others. "She doesn't know me. I'm an ork, I speak some Spanish, I speak some Or'zet. I can blend with the Chulos, I can blend with the Crimson Crush. Or, whatever Bonita is these days. I won't be gone long. A few days, a week at the most."

And with that he's gone, off to Puyallup on foot (presumably using his skimmers) to retrace Bonita's steps with the Chulos and their smuggling tunnels.

That leaves Bobby, AM, and Jawsey to watch the fort and listen to the fireworks/gunfire.

In the morning, Bobby wakes up to find a message from Captain Razak.

<<Happy New Year, sunshine. Keeping your nose clean? Or muzzle, as it were.>>

There's an address. It's a warehouse in Touristville. It's not along the main drag with all the businesses and the red-light district. It's a bit closer to some of the more residential areas, with apartment buildings and shantytowns of homes that were abandoned after the Crash of '29. It's close enough to walk.

<<47.672415462393666, -122.11185560205979. Pay a visit and render all necessary assistance.>>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 15 2021, 08:37 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 154,444

Bobby had spend his time looking for Bonita with increasing frustration - he was more than happy to give Mato a chance to find the elusive ganger. Not that his excursion hadn't been interesting. He had spend significant time as various birds and had a new appreciation for a life as a raptor. Dinosaurs would be the next thing he'd have to explore. Those forms still eluded him although he knew that he should be able to take them.
New Year was always hard for him - no interest in going out to get drunk, to many guns out for a friendly brawl - or to enjoy roaming around as a fox or raven. He had instead spent the evening curled up with yet another collection of e-books to further his understanding.

Razak's message found him fresh from his workout and ready for breakfast. While he gulped down a cup of half soycaf and soymilk together with a breakfast burrito, he mentioned it to the others on the house feed: <<I've got passed a little job from my sponsor Captain Rasak. Sounds like it's one of those that was the original reason why we were allowed to found SIS.
I suggest you purge any substances you still have in your system and get ready to take on the day.>>

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 15 2021, 09:27 PM
Post #3

Dragon

Member No.: 200,423

AM does not share Bobby's and Mato's fascination as of finding Bonita. She feels that searching for her may be searching for troubles. After they visit the mansion, AM delivers all her pay to reduce the debt and Bobby agrees to loan her some extra which implies that she no longer owes money to the Mafia. Only a manageable amount to Bobby without leg-breaking interest - or so she hopes. The last payment to the Mafia is uneventful, she notifies TJ that she has the full amount, they meet at a public place she gives him a credstick and he buys her coffee. Some casual gossip about the Mafia, and a few hours later a call from 'Jimmy' congratulating her.

She mainly takes some time to process all that she has learned now that she empty from the academic and practical project of creating Trouble. Her process time includes buying some cheap shoes at Clive Clark that steal pays for Bobby to help out a bit for a holiday and sending greeting cards to friends and family where she wishes them well. She feels almost normal considering all circumstances, and the threat of imminent doom feels somewhat lessened.

She'll even attend some celebrations at a small local pub, wearing her winter clothes and boots. AM would not be actually party but would enjoy the happiness and atmosphere and drink mildly. Nod and greet people she knows - it feels safer in the hood, but her automatic weapon is still with her at all times. It is still Redmond, and she needs some visible sign of power considering how helpless she may appear to be at first glance.

When Bobby texts, it is too soon - but she gets out of bed and dresses quickly. She owes him her full attention. When she arrives at the kitchen she is fully dressed, but she still hasn't combed her hair. She boils water for Coffee and asks Bobby if he wants a glass.

+Quote Post
Beta
post May 19 2021, 01:57 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 190,206

When they'd gotten back to their home, jawsey had resumed his exercises to strengthen his magic. His time working with McElroy had ot been wasted, but it was not the same as pushing how long he could sustain astral projection, or gathering up mana as for a spell, and just holding it-- each time pushing how much he gathered, how long he could hold it.

The only thing about this sort of training was that it was exhausting at a spiritual sort of level. He suspected that he had been drifting around the house like some sort of automaton, as he'd had little drive to interact with the others, and his emotions all seemed tattered and far away.

On New Year's Eve he'd spent the time around midnight; astral travel in your astrally cruising Touristville, keeping up to date with its moods and watching for imminent outbreaks of mass violence. Things had been peaceful enough, but he'd once again returned to his body only to immediately fall into an exhausted sleep.

And so it is that he limps into the kitchen all bleary eyed, wearing mismatched socks, and demands "what asshole wants us to do what to what other asshole this time? And can we charge them extra for bad timing?". It seems that he hasn't yet absorbed Bobby's message, but after he drinks some water he he adds " wait, you told us who the first asshole is. We know anything about the second asshole yet?

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 19 2021, 02:50 AM
Post #5

Runner

AM feels welcomed at the local pub. There are even some flashes of recognition when people see her. A few introduce themselves, mostly the mildly inebriated males who have enough liquid courage in their system to make a move on an elven woman. The conversation is boozy and not terribly compelling, but AM doesn't feel ostracized or threatened. People treat her like a local, unlike all the corporate brats coming to slum it in Touristville.

The rich kids don't even know how to dress. They're generally astute enough to not wear Armanté, Berwick, or Zoë de Paris. Some wear Monobe's NuZoot monogrammed clothing. Evo's ME MetaL and NeoNET's Furba (faux-leather jackets, graffiti-patterned shirts) are popular choices. Post-apocalyptic ("post-apoc" in the parlance) is another common choice, even though it hasn't really been in fashion in 5 years. Maybe it's old clothes that the kids aren't worried about ruining in Redmond. Maybe they think Touristville is post-apoc itself.

The Crimson Crush do banging business, selling anything and everything that can alter your brain chemistry. BTLs, CalHots, Zen, Bliss, and Novacoke are the biggest hits. The really rich kids buy blunts of Deepweed, which stinks like a dead animal when they smoke it. Some buy Cram to dance all the night long. If they do something to piss off the Crush, sometimes the Crush will give them a popper of Kamikaze instead. It's way more expensive, sure, but the sight of a frothing, crazed corporate brat brings a good deal of entertainment to the orks and trolls.

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 19 2021, 11:00 AM
Post #6

Dragon

Bobby was a bit surprised about Jawsey's message. So much profanity so early was new. He replied: "Captain Razzak prevented me from getting dishonorably discharged and ending in a cage somewhere. I do owe him more than a few favors.
He is usually fair enough to not let me jump into an open knife, so I don't expect this to be a trap. As for what's going on - No idea. But I intend to find out. So you all coming? I drive."

Bobby had entered the coordinates into his commlink and now got ready to head out - duffel bag with his critter armor in hand.

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 19 2021, 11:26 AM
Post #7

Dragon

AM finishes with the coffee which she boiled over a small gas stove she brings three small glasses to the table, as a bar of chocolate-flavored nutrition bar to count as breakfast. She closes her eyes, and sips the bitter drink, grinning. Ahhaaa

Looking at Jawsey she suggests [cololor=cyan]"You look like you need it. "[/color] which is the polite way to say that he looks like shit. Not that AM cares or wants to be reminded what she looks like in the mornings, but that morning was not a typical morning. She was almost happy.

She nods at Bobby, she owes him so much and would definitely come, she'll even let Bobby drive without a struggle.

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 19 2021, 04:22 PM
Post #8

Runner

AM's smile is genuine when the soykaf hits her lips. December was a profitable month for SIS: in addition to the chunk of change from Sir Pike, it was a very good month on the day-to-day side of things.

December is peak season for private investigators. The grey weather and the holidays have people depressed either cheating on their spouses or investigating their cheating spouses. Stores bracing for the holiday rush hire seasonal workers. Those workers need background checks to help avoid security breaches or large thefts. Many business owners and corporate representatives hire private investigators to help them assess the problems within the company, the areas of the business that are most vulnerable, and to evaluate the trustworthiness of new hires. SIS has its strongest month on record, turning a fine profit. Not only are you fed, housed, and clothed, but there's even a little money leftover for luxuries like good soykaf, not the bitter stuff that tastes like burned battery acid. Mato's particular indulgence (when he's not running around the woods) is dairy; he likes milk in his soykaf. Up to 80 percent of Native Americans are lactose intolerant but evidently he's not one of them.

When Bobby plugs the address into his commlink he realizes that it is only a few blocks away. You can drive it in 1 minute or you can walk it in 5 minutes. It's not raining at the moment, but it is quite cold outside with temperatures hovering near freezing.

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 19 2021, 09:07 PM
Post #9

Dragon

Bobby decided in the end not to bother with the car. "Seems to be quite close. Quick walk does wonders for your appetite."
He shouldered his bag and looked curiously at his friends and colleagues. He was both glad and sad that he had missed the opportunity to hang around such a posh place like the one they had their last contract at. Lot's of opportunities for things to go wrong in the wrong moment. Still, he would have liked tasting the food there. While they were walking he brought another topic up he had been contemplating about:
"So, I've been studying a lot of theory lately. Magic theory. You know, we could all get better in our crafts if we'd create a magical study group? You know, like a magic circle. It's supposed to make it easier to get stronger. I know, I've got more raw power, but I can't do most of the tricks you do or know. Longterm that could be really useful. What do you say?"

+Quote Post
Beta
post May 20 2021, 12:37 AM
Post #10

Shooting Target

"This morning the entire world is an ass, Seattle is the center of it, and Redmond is the sphincter. All of us are assholes. I'm sure our patron is among the shiniest of asshole, or something. Sorry, too much time in the astral, staring at the nature of Redmond. It was still there in my sleep, during what sleep I had. I feel like I was licking the gutters with my brain."

He took a deep breath "OK, enough of that. I'll get my work face on. Walking over? Sure.". He looked around vaguely for a moment then added " just give me three minutes, I need to get my cane. And better clothes. And matching socks."

It was closer to four minutes, but Jawsey came back looking more put together and more genial. His team mates could spot the tightness in his shoulders but it was unlikely that anyone else would spot that he was out of sorts.

+++++++++

As they started their walk Bobby brought up the magical group concept. It only took Jawsey a few steps to reply "I'll do it. If it helps the two of you. My focus for now is getting strong enough to be able to do useful things, more than on having more things to do poorly. And I don't really know much about magic, I only just finished the introductory trip series, I'm not even on what they'd teach you in a high school for the awakened. But as long as adding a person adds to the effectiveness, instead of averaging out, I'll support you."

A few more steps and he added "although I'm thinking that maybe soon I'll go back to Tsimshian for a bit. I haven't seen family there since I was a kid. My Mom died a while back but I have a grandmother, some cousins, that sort of thing. Maybe seeing family, where I'm from, where I first reached spirits, will help me get myself together somehow. Or maybe it will just make me so glad that I have a place here and don't have to live in that hellhole. Whatever, I think it might be good for me."

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 20 2021, 07:52 AM
Post #11

Dragon

AM has dedicated the last months to pushing her talent to its limit, not by raw power but by refinement and deep understanding of things, and she has Trouble showing for that. Not merely a new spell or a ritual - a paved path that she learned to walk but a unique being with its own formula - a person almost - or perhaps more than a person. She was all for study groups, or magical societies especially one that did not bind her to a certain lifestyle. Freedom, for what little freedom she had, was an important term.

She comments to Bobby"It would have been nice to learn the nuances distinguishing spirits from artificial astral constructs with a partner or two. The question is if we can agree on a common goal that we wish to achieve."

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 20 2021, 08:34 PM
Post #12

Dragon

Bobby shrugged at Jawsey's explanation: "I have spent entirely too much time researching gut parasites to comment on what you just said about Seattle - there's a natural habitat for everything."
When the talk became more serious he nodded: "Jawsey, are you depressed or something? Maybe I should take you out for a run as a wolf or flight as an eagle more often.
You know a drekload of stuff and have even more practical experience - both dealing with spirits as well as reading auras. Could you be better? Sure! But you are already heads and shoulders above anyone in our team within your area of expertise.
But I get that you want to visit your family. Nothing like it - the mixture of love and loathing. When you are done, come back and we get this thing off the ground. Now that we don't have to sink every centinuyen into paying off our debtors, we can invest in learning materials. Drek, man. We are this close to real freedom. There is a whole world out there to be explored - even if it's a drekhole like Seattle.
All in our team are damaged in some kind, but we make up for it and more.
Anyway, we are nearly there, so put your game faces on.

+Quote Post
Beta
post May 25 2021, 02:00 AM
Post #13

Shooting Target

"Depressed? Maybe. Exhausted for sure. Look, working out seems like it comes naturally to you. By nature I was more of a trickster, figuring out how to manipulate the people who work out into getting me what I want. But maybe I'm growing up or something, I'm coming to want to take care of myself more, pull my weight. So I'm trying to strengthen my magic. But this consant heavy exercise, even if it is magical, is exhausting. Some people seem to like this sort of thing? For me, it just sucks. It isn't any fun, and this is just trying to get my 'magical muscle' beyond 'wageslave who plays squash twice a week' levels. I'm dreading the sort of work it will take if I ever want to approach Ana's level. I'm determined to stick it through, but I'm pretty sick of it." After a moment he adds "Maybe that is part of wanting to so see Tsimshian, hoping that I'll learn something there that will somehow make it easier to work this hard. Which probably isn't going to happen, most people probably just aren't as lazy as me."

"As for the business, yah, it has been growing great. When I was first in Seattle, trying to make it as an investigator, I was slowly drowning. SIS saved me, and together we are a good team. This past month we really improved the business side too, being able to regularly churn through small jobs without as much overhead time. The intake templates are helping and the cost tracking programs too. Umm, I'll walk you through those when we get a chance. They are great once you get used to using them. All of which means that the small jobs are almost to the point of letting us break even, so that the big jobs can let us re-invest in ourselves and in better tools. Of course one good disaster could threaten all of that, but for now we are doing well. But maybe surviving month to month makes it easier to focus? Now we need to plan how to take advantage of this, and that is also a lot harder than watching whatever is free on the trid and complaining about the lack of business."

As he says the last few lines, Jawsey changes his body language, taking on a more confident posture, slowing his steps a bit and holding his head higher, hand farther away from where his gun hides under his trench coat. His face settles into his look of professional interest. Finally he asks "This the spot?"

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 25 2021, 10:45 AM
Post #14

Dragon

"Ah, now I get you. I've spent so much time in animal shape that I kinda lost a lot of fine motor skills with my real body. I've only recently started to push myself to spend more time to maintain it. Training sucks - make no mistake - I don't think I like it any more than you do. It's just something I have to do. But I bet you could benefit from motivation through us. When I learned to change, I always had a flock or a pack to look forward. You have to do fun things with your powers to get anywhere. Let your trickster side out while you push your magic. We don't have to follow guidelines from White Man mages. As long as you get tired and use your magics a lot it's pretty irrelevant what you do."

"Bookkeeping... yeah, I think I'll need some help there. I never was good with stuff like that. Can't maul a timesheet - or at least it won't do any good if I do."

Bobby looked at the pretty standard warehouse in front of them with a frown: "Huh, I'd have expected something more flashy waiting here. Well, nothing to do but look for the doorbell."
Heading straight for the address, Bobby looked for an entrance.

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 25 2021, 11:07 AM
Post #15

Dragon

She comments on the conversation, uncertain if they would listen or not - but it gets her remembering things. "My mentor, Dancing Bear would say that working on your magic is but taking a step closer to the great Spirits and further away from yourself. Something is lost for everything that is gained, and that grief comes to those that hurry. I am not sure that I agree, but I am not ready to feel Iktomi louder within my soul, so I am not taking any more steps right now."

When they arrive she checks for matrix activity within, traps, and any other impending disaster that may be scheduled due to their streak of good luck.

+Quote Post
Beta
post May 25 2021, 11:31 AM
Post #16

Shooting Target

Jawsey nodded at Bobby's mention of training not being fun. At least it wasn't just him! But at Ana's words Jawsey stopped walking toward the building "That is exactly how it feels! Well, like I'm moving away from myself at least. If I'm moving closer to the Great Spirits I haven't been able to tell. Maybe that is from having almost no shamanic training, or maybe it iis an issue with never having matched with a mentor spirit. Hunh. A lot to think about there, thank you." He gave her something between a nod and a small bow.

Then turning his attention to the building he frowned. He agreed with Bobby, the place didn't look very likely. "I'll take a quick look at the astral out here, but I'm not going to dump my body in the street to go astrally scouting, at least not yet."

With that he shifted his attention to the astral, and scanned the outside of the building and the street.

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 25 2021, 05:48 PM
Post #17

Runner

The building is a broad one-story building, sort of a cross between a warehouse and a large, empty retail store. It doesn't look particularly interesting from the outside. It might have been nice 50 years ago, but it's been a long time since then.

There's a large parking lot in front, like you might find at a retail store. This being Redmond, there's a shantytown of sorts built around the perimeter of it. Evidently the building doesn't need much parking, or has been vacant long enough for the squatters to take over. It's early and cold so most of the squatters are still sleeping or trying to stay warm. One of them has a small fire going to cook breakfast. You can smell the smoke in the frosty morning air.

AM sweeps the Matrix activity. Outside she finds the ancient sensors and poor signal that are common in public spaces in Touristville. The building itself is almost entirely devoid of Matrix activity. She does spot one commlink inside the building, an MCT Blue Defender. Designed for legitimate sale to security forces and off-the-books distribution to shadowrunners and criminals worldwide, this stylish commlink (in the form of a blue bracelet) has a stronger-than-average Firewall (5). It also costs ¥2,000 and is much better than what most people in Redmond carry around.

But outside of that, there's nothing. No cameras, no sensors. There's a maglock on the front door, but it's immediately obvious to AM that the installation of it was haphazard and sloppy. And, in fact, the maglock doesn't even matter because the front door is wide open, propped open with a wedge. Glancing inside from the parking lot, you can see a cavernous space that's full of crates and boxes.

Jawsey sweeps the exterior of the building on the astral. The streets around you look like they do everywhere in Redmond, namely not very nice. They leave astral observers with a slightly dirty feeling, much like polluted air in the physical realm. The building itself has no astral security. Looking through the open front doors, there's actually a tinge of something unusual for the Barrens: hope.

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 25 2021, 07:32 PM
Post #18

Dragon

Bobby waited until his colleagues had gotten a good look on their respective sides of reality, then started walking towards the open door. "Wait a second before you follow me. Doesn't look like a trap, but you never know."
With that, he marched ahead and into the old building.

"Hello, anybody home?" he called out.

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 25 2021, 07:45 PM
Post #19

Dragon

AM places her hand on the hilt of her automatic weapon, but it is more of a gentle stroke to reassure her that the weapon is there, ready. She has no active spells and is not perceiving the astral, but she knows that Trouble is not far keeping its distance in case there are astral observers but remains within the 100 meters just in case. Between the gun, Trouble, Jawsey, and the most badass Bobby, she feels reasonably protected. It is definitely enough firepower to enter a shithole like that, but one must never be 100% confident.

>> One blue defender bracelet, likely our guy unless you believe in squatters getting away with owning a comlink costing like two big ones.

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 25 2021, 08:00 PM
Post #20

Runner

A man stands up, startled. Evidently he had been bending over or kneeling down to do something among the boxes and crates. Bobby instantly recognizes a tell-tale defensive posture, one of a trained combatant. In fact, as a practitioner himself, Bobby recognizes it as classic Okichitaw: a defensive stance that's intended to set up a devastating counterstrike.

But, after the man sees Bobby, he relaxes.

"Ah," he says, "a friendly face."

Whether Bobby's face is friendly or not is beside the point. What he seems to mean is that Bobby is Sioux.

Bobby looks the man over. The man's heritage is complicated but Bobby's guess is that the man is half Sioux, half African, but those proportions could be off. His skin is much darker than usual, more black than tanned. Someone who isn't Sioux might not even recognize him as such.

He's a bit older, perhaps late 40s or early 50s. He's human but his silhouette could pass for an ork: broad shoulders, narrow waist, strong musculature. He's wearing a t-shirt, despite the fact that it's pretty cold inside. The front door is wide open and there's no heat on. It's possible the heat doesn't even work.

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 25 2021, 09:48 PM
Post #21

Dragon

"Ay. Cpt. Razak told me to pay this place a visit. I'm Bobby. And that..." He gesticulated through the open door for the others to come in, "... are my colleagues."
Bobby nodded at the man's stance: "You've got some training there. So I guess you are also Ex-NAN Defense Forces - not a stretch considering that Razak knows you.
So who are you and what's your deal?"

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 25 2021, 09:58 PM
Post #22

Runner

"Yeah," the man agrees slowly, wiping his hands.

"SDF," he says, meaning Sioux Defense Forces. "CQC instructor," he adds, for Close Quarters Combat. Bobby doesn't recognize him, but he is a bit older. Maybe he had left the Forces before Bobby's time. There are lots of CQC instructors to handle the compulsory 12 months of service that all 18-year-olds are required to do.

"You can call me Cutty. This here is my little 'retirement' project. A gym. Boxing, martial arts, weights."

Upon closer inspection, it looks like he's partway through constructing a boxing ring.

"Razak sent you, did he?" This is more curious than skeptical. "Did he say why?"

+Quote Post
Jack_Spade
post May 25 2021, 10:11 PM
Post #23

Dragon

"The drek he did. Well, nice meeting you Cutty. Razak told me to "render all necessary assistance", so I figure the old man wants me to lend you a helping hand with that equipment."
Bobby dropped his gymn bag.
"He, once we are done here, you can show me some tricks of yours. I haven't been in a ring for a while. Could do me some good.

Anyway, if you need some muscle, for setting things up, you are at the right address - or is there another problem you are dealing with? Maybe problems with the locals?"

Bobby asked, fully aware how basically any new business around here immediately drew the attention of leaches like the Yakuza, Mafia or whatever other gang was around.

+Quote Post
Gilga
post May 26 2021, 08:40 AM
Post #24

Dragon

AM introduces herself as "AM (pronounced like the letter M)." she kindly asks "What is your intentions toward this building if I may ask..."

+Quote Post
Tecumseh
post May 26 2021, 10:35 PM
Post #25

Runner

Cutty pauses, seemingly unsure of how to respond to AM. He glances to Bobby to confirm that he's speaking the right language.

"My intention is to build a gym," he says. "Like I just said. Boxing, martial arts, weights." He glances to the partially-constructed boxing ring to reinforce his answer.

But then he presses forward. "You know, a place to get kids off the street. A safe space. I went to a gym like that when I was a kid."

He nods eagerly at Bobby's offer.

"Wiz, for sure. Lots to do here. Things are scattered about and heavy, hard to move on their own. Unpacking crates, setting up weight racks, a bit of light construction. I can do it myself, but it would take a while.

"The building has been vacant for a while and could use some attention. A bit of electrical work, maybe get the heat up and running. I walked around the roof this morning and it's full of holes. All that New Year's shooting... those rounds have to land somewhere. Better the roof than someone's head though."

Bobby also mentions problems with the locals.

"Yeah, I could use some help with the lay of the land here. I know it's gangland but I could use an overview of who's who and what's what.

"I'd be happy to trade lessons. I know my way around a brawl pretty well."

He looks over AM appraisingly. It's not skeptical; it seems like an honest evaluation.

"I could show you some tricks that don't rely on strength," he offers her. "Or to help you keep your firearm in close quarters." He nods toward her Ares SIGMA 3. "About 10, 11 years back, Ares pioneered Firefight to teach FireWatch teams how to use a firearm effectively while in melee combat. It didn't take the rest of us long to figure it out ourselves."

Then he looks to Jawsey, eyeing his cane.

"Bartitsu can teach you to fight with whatever is in your hands, whether it's an umbrella or a walking stick. The ballestra - a rapid attack made by a jump forward and a lunge - can leave you overexposed, but a well-timed riposte?" He gives a chef's kiss in approval.

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.