Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
cutter07
post Jun 2 2004, 02:55 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,239

No fair Tinker. I meant a weapon you can buy. And salary wage mages don't count.

+Quote Post
northern lights
post Jun 2 2004, 02:56 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,929

shotgun. selectable clip. sand or stone for elemental damage in shot shells. capsule rounds in the other with preferred liquid. fab III? or maybe some type of acid.

but cyber implanted tasers have destoyed my gm's plans before.

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

Nooo. That's the reason tasers rock ;)

+Quote Post
A Rodent of Unus...
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,354

I'm a big fan of Capsule Rounds filled with something as simple as Neuro-Stun. While a lot of people talk about it 'cause chemical attacks are so effective in and of themselves, they often seem to forget that the round actually packs a double-punch, much like Stun Gloves. Not only does it deliver the chemical attack, but it does standard Gel Round damage (sans the Knockdown increase) as well.

That said, I'm often surprised at home often Hand Blades, Improved Hand Razors, and other high Power low Level melee weapons get overlooked. In my experience, a high Power has always been preferable to a high Damage Level. Sure, the latter requires more successes to completely resist, but the former insures fewer successes will be made.

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Jun 2 2004, 03:02 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

Caltrops, dikoted if desired. Those invincible Body 12+ guys always take some damage.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Jun 2 2004, 03:03 AM
Post #10

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

QUOTE (TinkerGnome)
Nooo. That's the reason tasers rock ;)

Answer: A speargun with a metal line and too much electricity.

Question: What's a taser waiting to happen?

-Siege

+Quote Post
Hida Tsuzua
post Jun 2 2004, 03:08 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,353

Defiance T-250 Shotgun. It comes in both short and long barrel lengths. Use the short barrel and its concealabity of 6 for when you need something concealable (especially if you talk your GM into allowing the concealable holster for it). Use the long barrel for when you need power (10S can't be ignored) and use shot rounds/sea salt/whatever when you want it. Best of all, both use the same skill meaning one can relive the Firearms skill of 2nd Edition! Oddly it seems you can have a permit as well for the short barrel version despite being basically a sawed-off shotgun. The only problem is the 5 shot internal magazine, but if you've fired more than 5 times and time is still of the essence (i.e. combat isn't done or you have no cover), then you're in big trouble either way.

+Quote Post
Kagetenshi
post Jun 2 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #12

Manus Celer Dei

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 3,802

Laser weapons. *Sizzle*

Good lord, firing sea salt? Rich runners, eh?

~J

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jun 2 2004, 03:15 AM
Post #13

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

I'm a big fan of Capsule Rounds filled with something as simple as Neuro-Stun. While a lot of people talk about it 'cause chemical attacks are so effective in and of themselves, they often seem to forget that the round actually packs a double-punch, much like Stun Gloves. Not only does it deliver the chemical attack, but it does standard Gel Round damage (sans the Knockdown increase) as well.
While I love drugs I list tham as overrated, because even if the effect is "instentaneous" in onset time it still doesnt take any effect what so ever until the beginning of the next combat turn. Not pass, but turn. That can be an eternity sometimes when I've tried to use drugs. :dead:

+Quote Post
A Rodent of Unus...
post Jun 2 2004, 03:19 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,354

Which is why Capsule Rounds are nice. They do their (-2 Power) Stun damage right there on the spot. The chemical boost is only an extra perk for pesky opponents who don't go down with one shot.

+Quote Post
BitBasher
post Jun 2 2004, 03:21 AM
Post #15

Traumatizing players since 1992

Member No.: 220

Yep, can't argue with that too much. Well, I can since I banned capsule rounds in my game, but as they're written in the book they're pretty nice! :D

+Quote Post
cutter07
post Jun 2 2004, 03:26 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

The Couger longblade with diakote. If memory serves thats Str+1(S) which is pretty nasty for a pigsticker.

+Quote Post
Luke Hardison
post Jun 2 2004, 03:27 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,828

QUOTE (cutter07)
The Couger longblade with diakote. If memory serves thats Str+1(S) which is pretty nasty for a pigsticker.

(Str +2) S by canon, actually.

+Quote Post
cutter07
post Jun 2 2004, 04:01 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

Ares Alpha is clearly a good pick but hardly underrated, except in price.

A Blackhawk with glasers seems liek a good headshot weapon

Good point on the Defiance T-250, I'll have to try that.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Jun 2 2004, 05:05 AM
Post #19

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

For non-cybered characters, it's all about the manhunter. Now, I don't have my books with me, but integral laser sight and, iirc, edges out a pred 3 in either clip capacity, concealability, or damage. Can't remember which.

+Quote Post
northern lights
post Jun 2 2004, 05:29 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,929

concealability 5 and 16 round clip for the manhunter. and laser sights do stack with the enhance aim spell. spend all your spell pool, buy an expendable spell focus and maybe karma the roll and you are looking at at least a base tn of 1. throw it on a sustaining focus if you're smart or quicken it if you can.

and the cougar is an excellent choice for stuffing in a boot.

+Quote Post
cutter07
post Jun 2 2004, 05:30 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

There a heavy pistol in the CC thats 9m, laser sight, conceal of 7, only 550 and has an index of .5 that I think is a bit over the top.

+Quote Post
Zephania
post Jun 2 2004, 05:48 AM
Post #22

I am not here...

Member No.: 6,349

Give me the roomsweeper anytime. Decent damage, shotgun rules, high concealability and a reasonable magazine.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 2 2004, 05:54 AM
Post #23

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Light pistols really, really suck, but there is one, the Steyr TMP, that is capable of full-auto fire. Wrap your mind around that. A dinky, lightweight pistol that you can load with EX Explosive rounds to fire a 10-round burst doing 18D damage. Get a custom grip, add a laser sight, and take a slight hit on power by mixing in some tracer rounds, and you actually have a halfway-decent chance of hitting something. Note that for full-auto weapons, the combination of vision magnification: 3, a laser sight, and tracer rounds (when you fire a 9 or 10 round burst) actually gives you a better bonus than a smartlink.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Jun 2 2004, 06:03 AM
Post #24

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

After rereading, I had the special explosive rules backwards between incendiary and explosive. I was also incorrectly recalling the additional 1's feature of incendiary. Go with explosive with that gun.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Jun 2 2004, 06:29 AM
Post #25

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

Where are you getting this? I'm looking at Explosive rounds on pg. 116 of the main book, and all it says is that they misfire if you roll all ones. Incendiary rounds (pg. 38 of CC) actually have more of a chance of misfiring - they misfire if more than half of your dice are ones.

Incendiary rounds are still very nice, though. Not only the 16D, but the same benefits as tracer rounds. And it's 20L (Power = twice the # of incendiary rounds), not 10L - and armor doesn't help, and you can't use Combat Pool to help soak it. And it's per round. Sure, the power drops by two each round, but that means you take 18L the second round, 16L the third - it can really whittle an opponent down. 8)

+Quote Post

15 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.