Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Atlantis Found?, more on-topic than Regan's death
Kamquat
post Jun 6 2004, 11:50 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,384

After ages of lurking I found this link and couldn't resist coming into the light to post it here.

BBC

I suppose we have to wait until 2012 before we can start digging up orichalcum there.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Abstruse
post Jun 7 2004, 12:02 AM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 4,488

Natural oricalchum doesn't pop up until the comet. Makes me wonder why the Atlantis Foundation is so busy in the Atlantic then...

The Abstruse One

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Jun 7 2004, 01:00 AM
Post #3

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

The Foundation is also busy in the Ring of Fire. It is pretty clear from the books that the Atlantis Foundation simply uses Atlantis as a cover to divert any real public interest or rather suspicion. After all, the search for Atlantis is an ancient mystery...

+Quote Post
Garland
post Jun 7 2004, 12:08 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,043

And here I thought it was pretty clear from the books that the Atlantean Foundation was dedicated to painting the Theran Empire from Earthdawn in a very favorable light.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 7 2004, 12:30 PM
Post #5

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

Not quite, else they'd not be searching still for Lemuria or Ultima Thule, much less those archealogical digs.

+Quote Post
Garland
post Jun 7 2004, 12:33 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,043

I bow to your vastly greater knowledge base, AH.

My main point, however, was that "Atlantis" is not just a blind for the Atlantean Foundation.

Although I really appreciated how the example episode of "Tales of Atlantis" has the "Atlanteans" mediating disputes between trolls and orks.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jun 7 2004, 12:37 PM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I believe you're quite correct. However, whoever and whatever is behind the Atlantean Foundation/Mystic Crusaders either has some rather large gaps in their knowledge or a more complete view of the picture than we do.

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Jun 7 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

QUOTE (Ancient History)
Not quite, else they'd not be searching still for Lemuria or Ultima Thule, much less those archealogical digs.

I need to read slower... I was wondering what the hell did Lemuria have to do with Uma Thurman. :silly:

+Quote Post
Siege
post Jun 7 2004, 04:49 PM
Post #9

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

QUOTE (JongWK)
QUOTE (Ancient History @ Jun 7 2004, 09:30 AM)

I need to read slower... I was wondering what the hell did Lemuria have to do with Uma Thurman. :silly:

Ahh, Freud rears his ugly head once again. :grinbig:

-Siege

+Quote Post
JongWK
post Jun 7 2004, 05:53 PM
Post #10

Shooting Target

Group: Validating
Member No.: 3,992

It gets worse. A minute after posting here I had seconds thoughts about Lemuria rhyming with "lujuria" (Spanish for lust). :oops: :love: :rotfl:

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Jun 8 2004, 01:57 AM
Post #11

Running Target

Member No.: 5,676

A lot of stuff has been uncovered that people think might be Atlantis. There's a stone wall a few feet below the surface of the sea just offshore of a carribean island, which was made with great precision, which some people claim is part of atlantis. It's not made of metal however, and Plato said that each of Atlantis' walls was plated with a different metal.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Jun 8 2004, 02:01 AM
Post #12

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

QUOTE (Panzergeist)
A lot of stuff has been uncovered that people think might be Atlantis. There's a stone wall a few feet below the surface of the sea just offshore of a carribean island, which was made with great precision, which some people claim is part of atlantis. It's not made of metal however, and Plato said that each of Atlantis' walls was plated with a different metal.

Eh -- it keeps life interesting.

-Siege

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:28 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.